We’ve got a big update for the mobile version of Civilization Revolution this week, but it comes at a cost.
My iPad updated Civilization Revolution today, and the patch notes are pretty beefy without even being about bug fixes! Here’s all the new stuff you get this week.
– Multiplayer Now Available: Challenge your friends for Civ supremacy with 2 different multiplayer modes!
– New Mediterranean Units & Buildings: Brand new units and buildings for the Arabs, Egyptians, Romans and Greeks.
– New Asian Units & Buildings: Brand new units and buildings for the Chinese, Japanese, Mongols, and Indians.
– New European Units & Buildings: Brand new units and buildings for the English, French, German and Spanish.
– New Expansionist Units & Building: Brand new units and buildings for the Americans, Aztecs, Russians and Zulus
– New Wonders: 4 brand new wonders
– Civilization Master Bundle: Unlocks all new wonders, buildings and units for all countries.
Before that list I should have said these are all the things you can get, because none of them are free. All those things just go in a new store. Multiplayer is $2.99, the Master Bundle is $3.99 and everything else is $.99. Microtransactions!
The upside, of course, is that the base game is on sale at $.99 this week for both iPhone and iPad, and that’s a good buy if you’re into this kind of thing.
Any of you fine folks play this on your iDevices? Are you feeling nickel and dimed or are you happy to drop some cash on this today?