Bookies taking bets on PS4 & Xbox 720 sales: Sony ahead by a length

Thursday, 21st February 2013 15:04 GMT By Dave Cook

Bookmaker Paddy Power has started taking bets on when PS4 and Xbox 720 sales figures, and on which console will be more powerful. In the power stakes, Sony’s rig is ahead at 2/5 odds.

In a press release sent to VG247 this afternoon the bookies stated that PS4 is the front-runner to outsell the Xbox 720 in 2013 with 8/13 odds. Microsoft’s console has 6/5 odds to come out on top.

Speaking in terms of computational power, Sony is ahead again at 2/5 with the Xbox 720 trailing at 7/4.

Has anyone here actually placed a bet on consoles or game sales before? I’m actually genuinely intrigued to hear from you if you have.

Our entire coverage on the PS4 reveal can be found here. Caution: your mind could be blown.

1. daytripper

No, only on horses and football. everyone thought the PS3 was going to Dreamcast the 360 remember ? Haven’t been too impressed with Edge magazines Durango rumours however.

#1 1 year ago
  2. Sadismek

I didn’t even know gaming bets exist.

#2 1 year ago
  3. Beta

People will bet on anything. XD

#3 1 year ago
  4. dravenkaze

There are 5 dogs in the picture

#4 1 year ago
  5. Fin

I prefer Paddy Power’s bet of Richard Dawkins to become next pope – 666/1.

#5 1 year ago
  6. blackdreamhunk

heads up to game devs another rescission might hit!In the future

Wall Street Setting Up Financial Armageddon

#6 1 year ago
  7. DSB

What’s the actual bet though. Worldwide sales or regional? And what’s the timeline?

#7 1 year ago
  8. reask

Paddy power do this all the time on anything and everything just to get publicity.

#8 1 year ago
  9. Mike W

This is fucking stupid, MS didn’t announce anything yet.

#9 1 year ago
  10. Samoan Spider

@4 720, PS4, WiiU, Steambox, Ouya :)

#10 1 year ago
  11. theevilaires

This is what we always said this gen though. If SONY launched the PS3 at the same time with the 360 what would have happened…..

..well we’re going to find out now and I have to say Microsoft has a much better chance this time around than if SONY launched the PS3 alongside the 360. Count your blessings Microsoft I truly think you’ve hurt SONY’s ego and Japanese pride and they’re going to strike back hard this gen. They might even try to take Microsoft out.

#11 1 year ago
  12. Seraphemz

I wonder what we are going to see from M$… The PS4 sounds pretty amazing and hard to imagine people not wanting it from all it can do.

#12 1 year ago
  13. theevilaires

What can they do Seraphemz, go higher than 8GB GDDR5 ram? Why theres no need and it will make their box more expensive. It all comes down to the GPU/CPU, features it has ,plus games. Microsoft is at a standstill.

The entire world is now watching them. the pressure they must be under is astronomical.

#13 1 year ago
  14. Beta

It’s always fun to imagine Microsoft squirming a bit. ;)

I imagine we’ll see an arrogant Microsoft exec downplay the PS4 reveal very soon. :P

#14 1 year ago
  15. I poop in my salad

Already happened. Look at Majornelsons twitter feed. He was making fun and down playing from the start

#15 1 year ago
  16. Beta

@15 Just seems to be their style.

I loved the response to Larry’s no console tweet in the last paragraph of this:

I tweeted Larry with it but I’ve yet to hear back.. lol. ;)

#16 1 year ago
  17. sg1974

LOL. Gambling. A stupid dumbass and his money are easily parted.

#17 1 year ago