Blizzard and Sony team up with Diablo III on PS4 and PS3

Thursday, 21st February 2013 01:01 GMT By Phil Owen

The long-rumored console version of Diablo III does, in fact, exist, and it is going to be happening on both the PlayStation 3 and its successor, the PS4.

We didn’t get to see those versions in action, nor were we told when they would be released. We just know that they exist. And we know that Diablo III will NOT be exclusive to Sony’s consoles.

Find out everything we learned about the PS4 in our recap of today’s event.

1. dravenkaze

So sorry xbox fan boys ha

#1 1 year ago
  2. Mike W

Yea their kicking their ass right now. I wonder what MS have up their sleeves.

#2 1 year ago
  3. Tavarish

Most anti-climatic part of the conference :D

#3 1 year ago
  4. jevonski

shame D3 is boring as hell (pun not intended) you just buy all your gear from the AH.

#4 1 year ago
  5. Mike W

Is your choice though? Sort of like DS 3.

#5 1 year ago
  6. Eddie Rodrigues

@JEVONSKI it is so boring that millions of players spent hours, weeks, months playing this game, right?

#6 1 year ago
  7. jevonski

@Eddie sure my opinion is that I find it boring, repetitive and has a bad loot system, I accept the fact that others might like it.

#7 1 year ago
  8. DSB

The fact that the devs felt like they had to defend themselves from the fans says it all.

Diablo 3 has a great combat system, but pretty much every other aspect is underwhelming.

I don’t regret buying and playing it, but it’s just utterly forgettable to me.

#8 1 year ago
  9. Erthazus

but who said that Diablo III is exclusive to PS3 or PS4 and that is not coming to Xbox?

(!) Metzen did not said that (!)

Anyway, underwhelming announcement. I was actually surprised when I saw Metzen but at the same time that announcement was so meh because Diablo III is a failure and it’s a port at the same time.

#9 1 year ago
  10. Eddie Rodrigues

Ladies gentleman, Erthazus hating games as usual!

#10 1 year ago
  11. Sini

Blizzard trolled ps nation, d3 is the worse crap they produced, ever.
    Here, to simmer down your expectations

#11 1 year ago
  12. dravenkaze

^^ someone upset its not going on xbox

#12 1 year ago
  13. Fin

Erthazus hates Diablo III. That’s why he played more than 600 hours of it.

But anyway, there was an interesting moment on Gametrailers where Geoff pressed the Blizzard guys other platforms – they didn’t confirm it was exclusive, even saying “we’ll talk about further plans down the line” or something. Sounded a lot like it’ll be coming to Xbox too, maybe a timed exclusive on PS?

Edit – whoops sorry I see that’s in the story!

#13 1 year ago
  14. manamana

@Fin what really?

@Ertha GET A LIFE :-D

#14 1 year ago
  15. Fin

Yeah!

#15 1 year ago
  16. taylorlauder

I don’t really give a sh!t if D3 sucked on PC or not. Case point, this will be Blizzard’s first game ever made for console. Something only GW2, TL2, POE or any ARPG PC company can ever dream.

I’ll buy this as soon as it gets out.

#16 1 year ago
  17. manamana

@15 thats deep man. Spending so many hours on a “mediocre” title. Thats sad.

#17 1 year ago
  18. hitnrun

You guys are kidding about the Xbox(es), right? Nowadays even an announced exclusive at a presser is 50/50 multiplat. The lack of any mention of exclusivity means that it’ll be day-and-date on all 4 systems.

#18 1 year ago
  19. PAUL-

Tried the demo on the pc, almost fell asleep playing it. My best friend is a d3 freak and wanted me to buy it so we could play together so I found that I was trying to force myself to like it. But I just couldn’t ,the hype that surrounds d3 baffles me tbh.

#19 1 year ago
  20. Gekidami

“Case point, this will be Blizzard’s first game ever made for console.”

Nope. They actually started out as console devs, its been a long time since they’ve made a console game, but this wont be their first.

#20 1 year ago
  21. Butcher8

This game will come to the xbox consoles, I bet my life on it I’m that confident. In an interview on GT, the Blizzard rep basically confirmed it being multi-format, when asked if the xbox systems would get it, he gave the caveat that they were only talking about Sony games at a Sony show (duh!). Expect to see all versions at Pax East soon.

#21 1 year ago