Destiny confirmed for PS4 & PS3 at launch, will get exclusive content

Thursday, 21st February 2013 01:02 GMT By Dave Cook

Activision pledged its support for PS4 at Sony’s reveal event tonight with Bungie’s MMO shooter Destiny. It has many games coming for the console’s launch window.

CEO Eric Hirshberg took to the stage to announce Destiny for PS4, and showed off some in-engine footage live at the show. Bungie promised a persistent online world where palyers grow and customise their characters. It’s a highly cooperative experience.

Footage was shown of a player reloading a high-calibre sniper rifle, and characters walking around stunning vistas.

We covered the initial Destiny reveal at length when it first broke cover. Check out our full coverage on what Destiny is and why it could be epic here.

1. dravenkaze

Ps4 rules xbox has nothing lol

#1 1 year ago
  2. Dragon246

Wondering if MS is feeling something :)

#2 1 year ago
  3. dreamcastnews

Of course they don’t…. They haven’t even announced their machine yet!

#3 1 year ago
  4. Arysse

Idiots. It’s coming to the new Xbox also but they can’t announce yet. So is Watchdogs and Diablo 3.

#4 1 year ago
  5. nikk900

I don’t think diablo 3 is coming to xbox. Just going by what the guy was saying. Could be wrong though.

#5 1 year ago
  6. jevonski

sounds like sony and blizzard have snubbed microsoft the way they said it.

#6 1 year ago
  7. Shonak

I thought the first Destiny game will be a timed-exclusive for Microsoft? In that case, it would make sense that PS4 will get exclusive content seeing as it’d release months or a year afterwards. If that is however not the case, as it appears here (although we all surely know how vague Sony is at their press conferences) I would consider this quite a betrayal to loyal Halo fans, like myself, who primarily (still) intend to buy a new xbox… how major this “backstab” is in the end, will be shown by how big the exclusive content is.

#7 1 year ago
  8. jevonski

well it sounded as if it will tie in with the social aspect of the ps4 rather than ingame content.

#8 1 year ago
  9. manamana

Is Destiny in PS4 launch window, or what? Acti has still CoD reserved for Xbox, I guess …

#9 1 year ago
  10. Shonak

Ah alright, well, I suppose that would make sense and I don’t know really need truthfully any of those.

#10 1 year ago
  11. SplatteredHouse

At the launch of Destiny it will be available on PS3 and PS4, I think the man said…We know another thing: Destiny is not releasing this year (fiscal=calendar with Acti) because Activision seemed adamant in stating that not 2013 meant exactly that in a recent statement.

As far as this part of the presentation goes…I was expecting an EA exec to appear, based on the introduction. I thought it was interesting, NOT that that didn’t happen, but that Activision man walked on. I found his platitudes a little tough to swallow, given as how they sought to impede, and undermine the success of PS versions of games in the last cycle. New leaf turned, and all that for this one. Tbh I like that idea, very much.

An end to the augmentation and graftings, to start over. I hope ALL publishers seize the opportunity.

#11 1 year ago
  12. Moonwalker1982

Huh….Destiny is launching with the PS4? Hold on, didn’t Acti recently confirm it for 2014?

Nm…just read your reply.

#12 1 year ago
  13. The_Red

Did EA & Activision just switch royalties? EA was usually with the Sony when it came to exclusive deals or DLC or any sort of deal. Now, Acti has brought Diablo 3 AND Destiny to a Sony event where EA is pretty much absent.

#13 1 year ago