PS4 reveal could feature a God of War announcement – rumour

Wednesday, 20th February 2013 10:37 GMT By Dave Cook

PS4 is expected to be revealed tonight, along with a string of debut games. God of War developer Sony Santa Monica Studio has dropped a mighty big tease about something that could be Kratos-flavoured for tonight.

Could this be a new PS4 God of War title, or would it be too soon considering God of War: Ascension is yet to release?

Thanks Mojo and Mike W.

1. hives

No, come on Sony, that would NOT be awesome. How long they can exploit this universe? Geez…

Blood & gore with next-gen graphics, yaaaay.

#1 1 year ago
  2. Erthazus

Too soon. I want something new from them.

God Of War 4 would be a mistake. IMO

#2 1 year ago
  3. Mike W

I think a portion of your income should go to me and mojo Dave. ;)

#3 1 year ago
  4. mojo

gow 4 would be awesomesauce.
    That alone would make me buy ps4 day one.

#4 1 year ago
  5. Mike W

If anything I think it will be a tech demo showing what the PS4/Orbis can do.

#5 1 year ago
  6. Erthazus

How about GoW Vita?

#6 1 year ago
  7. Hoika

@6 I was just about to say the same thing. GOW Vita

#7 1 year ago
  8. Dave Cook

Yep, GoW Vita is a possibility. I think many folk are assuming the event to be PS4 only, while forgetting about Vita. Good shout.

#8 1 year ago
  9. Mike W

Yea GOW Vita, will be great.

#9 1 year ago
  10. Hoika

@8 Sony is going to use all this attention to give the PS3 and Vita a boost too. I think we’ll get 2 or 3 announcements for the Vita (hopefully GoW Vita) and a few trailers for PS3 before we get the PS4 announcement

#10 1 year ago
  11. SolidGamerSnake

They might aswell just be referring to the PS4 itself.

“What does our future hold for tommorow?”- What game console are our games gonna release on next.

While the box of pandora reference might just be Sony Santa Monicas image for the reveal

#11 1 year ago
  12. Fin

Alright, I’ve had enough of these rumours.

#12 1 year ago
  13. Liamc723

I don’t think it’s God Of War, look at this reply from SSM that was in response to someone talking about hype:

“ha, not in the slightest, we are 1000000000% focused on Ascension right now”

#13 1 year ago
  14. hives

Kratos Kart (Charriot) Racing!

#14 1 year ago
  15. theevilaires

Yup its gonna be a Vita GOW. Has to be and I’m sure Gran Turismo will follow one day as well. Has to or it wouldn’t be an official PlayStation product.

#15 1 year ago
  16. Moonwalker1982

I don’t believe it was Sony Santa Monica who made them, but give us a new Syphon Filter!!!!

#16 1 year ago
  17. SameeR_Fisher

well remember the rumors about God of War 4 back before E3, and how it had Co-Op and Kratos escaping hell or something ?!, maybe God of War 4 is coming to the PS4 after all ?!, not in 2013, but probably 2014.

Or maybe Santa Monica has been working on another title, hint hint Heavenly Swords 2

#17 1 year ago
  18. orakaa

@17: Heavenly Sword didn’t sell that well and isn’t a particularly loved title (gameplay was really horrible). Not saying there’s no future for it, but I don’t think it would be good to put too much effort on it.

It would also remind people of PS3′s launch… and I don’t think Sony would want that…

#18 1 year ago
  19. SameeR_Fisher

@18: it had flaws YES, but the combat isn’t one of them if you ask me, back at E3 there were rumours about HS2, and people were excited, and I would take HS2 over GoW4 -just to give God of War a rest that it really needs-.

and this is Sony we are talking about, they don’t forsake their IPs, so I am hopeful.

#19 1 year ago
  20. orakaa

@19: I know it’s totally different, but I’d REALLY prefer a new Syphon Filter over a new Heavenly Sword. I loved HS’s art, landscape and scenery, but I couldn’t get into the game: it felt boring and combat/gameplay (to me) felt really bad, clunky and boring. Lacked punch, impact, speed.

For launch titles, I think they should either aim for sequels of already successful titles or totally new IPs (as we may have with Quantic Dream).

#20 1 year ago
  21. SameeR_Fisher

@20: Syphon Filter ?!, NOW WE ARE TALKING, I was over the roof when I heard the rumours back before E3 with God of War 4 rumours, I was really disappointed about that there were no Syphon Filter announcements at E3.

But to be honest I want Syphon Filter on the PS3, it may take me some time to buy a PS4, and I love Syphon Filter.

#21 1 year ago
  22. OmegaSlayer

New IP or a God Of War reboot in…say…Nordic Mythology, with new and different gameplay mechanics, new story, not based on family massacre…and Amon Amarth soundtrack :p

#22 1 year ago
  23. NooB GobliN

Anything that’s not a remake or a sequel would be greatly appreciated.

#23 1 year ago
  24. Clupula

God of War 4 would definitely get me excited. A reboot would be absolute bullshit. I’m hoping the Norse mythology DLC stuff in Ascension is a hint at what happens in 4.

#24 1 year ago
  25. Clupula

As for Heavenly Sword 2, I wouldn’t mind it as long as they got someone better than Ninja Theory to handle it. The story and cinematics in that were awesome, but the gameplay was like a third-rate GOW rip-off.

#25 1 year ago
  26. Erthazus

I’m not sure that they will return to HS at all.

In my opinion it was the best NT game, but gameplay was so horrible.

#26 1 year ago
  27. The_Red

The live on stage part indeed feels like a Vita walkthrough demo as Erthazus suggested.

#27 1 year ago
  28. osric90

No PS4.

#28 1 year ago
  29. Judicas

Just watched the presentation, didn’t see santa monica studios at all ?

#29 1 year ago