Eric Chahi’s classic adventure-platformer has been ported once again, and now you can get it from the Mac App Store for $10.
Before today, you could play the 1991 cult classic Another World on any iOS device, any Android device and Windows (via GOG). Today, you can still play it on all those platforms, and also your Mac desktop or Macbook, thanks to Dotemu and Bulkypix. Here is what this particular version of the 20th Anniversary edition of the game has going on (according to the press release):
– Switch between Original/HD graphics
– 3 difficulty modes, Normal (easier than original game), Difficult (Equal to original game) and Very Hard (more difficult than original game)
– 100% remastered Sounds and FX
– Game Center with 13 achievements
– 12 languages support (English, French, Italian, German, Spanish, Dutch, Brazilian Portuguese, Chinese, Korean, Japanese, Russian)
Another World, for those not familiar with it, is a cinematic platformer that tells the story of a scientist who travels through space and time after a nuclear experiment goofs up. It’s considered a classic not just because of its gameplay but also its approach to storytelling, which still stands out from the pack today, which is why it is seen as worthwhile to continue to make it widely available.
Now that you can get Another World on Mac, odds are quite good that you have some device that is capable of playing it.
Thanks for the heads up, Joystiq.
Sometimes we include links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.