If you have a young child or grandchild, it may be to your advantage to let him or her stay up way too late playing Xbox.
A six-year-old boy named Taylor Hendrix was at his grandparents’ home in Brownsville, Tennessee, playing Xbox at 4am when he noticed the attic was on fire. So he did what anybody should do, which is wake up everybody in the house by yelling a lot. All seven people present made it out alive, though the house did burn down, presumably destroying the Xbox that saved everyone.
Unfortunately, we don’t know exactly what game he happened to be playing when all this went down, and so we are currently unable to gloat about violent video games saving lives. For more of Taylor’s story, check out the TV news report above.
Sometimes we include links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.