A six-year-old gamer saves family from housefire

Wednesday, 20th February 2013 19:09 GMT By Phil Owen

If you have a young child or grandchild, it may be to your advantage to let him or her stay up way too late playing Xbox.

Action News 5 – Memphis, Tennessee

A six-year-old boy named Taylor Hendrix was at his grandparents’ home in Brownsville, Tennessee, playing Xbox at 4am when he noticed the attic was on fire. So he did what anybody should do, which is wake up everybody in the house by yelling a lot. All seven people present made it out alive, though the house did burn down, presumably destroying the Xbox that saved everyone.

Unfortunately, we don’t know exactly what game he happened to be playing when all this went down, and so we are currently unable to gloat about violent video games saving lives. For more of Taylor’s story, check out the TV news report above.

Thanks, Kotaku.

1. YoungZer0

“Oh yeah, I fucked your mom yesterday you faggot, oh hey what the- MOM THE ATTIC IS ON FIRE!”

But in all seriousness, although I think it’s a little bit extreme that a 6 year old is still playing videogames at 4am, I’m glad that they are all save and sound.

#1 1 year ago
  2. xxJPRACERxx

Wait next year, he’ll kill them all!

#2 1 year ago
  3. CyberMarco

“Unfortunately, we don’t know exactly what game he happened to be playing when all this went down…”

Really, this is the most important thing about this situation? And you call this journalism… -.-

#3 1 year ago
  4. nollie4545

It was probably an over-heating RROD 360 that caused the fire in the first place!

#4 1 year ago
  5. DSB

I had a guildmate who left a WoW raid once because his cows got out. Seriously. He lived on a farm. Had to go fetch his cows back.

Another guy claimed his bathroom caught fire, but we treated that with some measure of suspicion.

#5 1 year ago
  6. LuLshuck

@2 HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

#6 1 year ago
  7. GwynbleiddiuM

I remember around the time when Ulduar patch came out I was raiding through an earthquake while everyone in the neighborhood went out in the street for safety, and I didn’t even notice it. :D

#7 1 year ago
  8. Samoan Spider

I left a raid once because I spilt a massive mug of tea across my laptop. Thats as exciting as it ever got.

As has been said, what was he doing up at 4am? That’s child minding right there. But at the same time, right place, right time. He saved them, no doubt.

#8 1 year ago
  9. Edo

@2 LOL .

#9 1 year ago
  10. ps3fanboy

…and no one have heard about smoke alarms??

#10 1 year ago
  11. RazorBladeJam

Six year old, playing Xbox at 4am? Yeah, it was CoD.

And he stopped because of a fire? Noob.

#11 1 year ago
  12. theevilaires

Yes this will counter Sandy Hook bullshit against games! Games don’t kill people they save lives! :D

#12 1 year ago
  13. NeoSquall

It’s called “sarcasm”.
    Capiche?

#13 1 year ago
  14. MadFingerz

This proves nothing, maybe he was the one who did it, maybe he is an arsonist in the making!! :p

Jokes aside, a six year old playing at 4am is pretty extreme…but I still hope the local community joins up in assiting this family and perhaps buy the kid a new xbox as well.

#14 1 year ago
  15. SoloLSE

He’s 6 and playing xbox at 4 in the morning!? When i was 6 i didnt even know that time existed xD

#15 1 year ago