Quantic Dream to present at PlayStation 4 meeting – rumour

Tuesday, 19th February 2013 02:50 GMT By Brenna Hillier

This one’s quite nebulous. NeoGAF users have noticed that Quantic Dream co-CEO Guillaume de Fondaumière is in New York, just in time for the PlayStation Meeting on February 20, when the PlayStation 4 is expected to debut. They also picked up that the developer’s Kara tech demo has been re-uploaded on an official PlayStation YouTube, suggesting Sony is preparing to hype Quantic Dream a bit. The developer is known to have more projects on the go besides the upcoming PS3 release Beyond: Two Souls, and registered a PS4-related domain for something called Singularity, so speculators point to the possibility of a PS4 launch title from the Heavy Rain studio.

Thanks, GameInformer.

1. TD_Monstrous69

I think a launch title is a bit too big of an assumption. Remember, Heavy Rain debuted as a tech video back during E3 2006, and didn’t release until February 2010. Though if they have something come wednesday, I think I just might shit my pants. Oh wednesday, u can’t get here any faster?

2. Dragon246

Not everything needs to be on launch date. It eventually leads to a drought. Constant stream of good games are required.
    Now, start a manhunt for every dev that is in nyc now!

3. SlayerGT

What better dev to have showcase your new hardware? Talented folks at QD.

4. mathare92

Hmm, I’ve always wondered how fast the actual development process is for Quantic’s games. This is just an assumption, but I think the script and art are probably the bulk of the process. There isn’t any need for testing or implementation of complex game mechanics as such. Shoot the scenes, use the tech foundation that’s there with a few improvements, let the artists go crazy, record music and polish it up. A lot of work, yes, but not when compared to the usual development pipleline. At least, I think not.

5. Fin

Ya this means a big load of nothing.

If you’ve a big announce, you invite all your important people, regardless of whether they’re announcing something or not.