Sony has announced the nominees for the third annual PlayStation Network Gamers’ Choice Awards. The awards feature ten categories featuring the “highest user-rated games” released on PSN in 2012.
Starting today, PSN users will have one week to visit PS Store or the SEN online store to cast their votes by downloading the Gamers’ Choice Awards theme for the XMB for PS3.
On February 26, the winning games in each category will be announced on the PlayStation.Blog and each winning title will be discounted in PlayStation Store throughout North America starting that same day for one week through March 4, with even deeper discounts for PlayStation Plus members.
Here’s a list of the nominees:
- Best PS3 Full Game: Borderlands 2 (PS3), Assassin’s Creed 3 (PS3), PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale (PS3)
- Best PSN Game: Journey (PS3), The Walking Dead – Season Pass (Episodes 1 – 5) (PS3), Sound Shapes (Cross-Buy) (PS3/PS Vita)
- Best PSN Exclusive: Journey (PS3), Tokyo Jungle (PS3), The Unfinished Swan (PS3)
- Best PlayStation Vita Game: Gravity Rush, Super Stardust Delta, Tales From Space: Mutant Blobs Attack
- Best PSP Game: Growlanser Wayfarer of Time, Unchained Blades, Ragnarok Tactics
- Best PlayStation Classic Game: Legend of Dragoon (PS3/PSP), Shin Megami Tensei: Persona 3 FES (PS3/PSP), Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas (PS3)
- Best minis Game: Velocity (PS3/PSP), Wizorb (PS3/PSP), Canabalt (PS3/PSP)
- Best PlayStation Move-Enabled Game: Tiger Woods PGA Tour 13 (PS3), Counter-Strike: Global Offensive (PS3), Tom Clancy’s Ghost Recon: Future Soldier (PS3)
- Best Competitive Multiplayer Game: Counter-Strike: Global Offensive (PS3), SkullGirls (PS3), Magic: The Gathering – Duels of the Planeswalkers 2013 (PS3/PS Vita)
- Best Indie Game: Journey (PS3), Sound Shapes (Cross-Buy) (PS3/PS Vita), Rainbow Moon (PS3)