Major League Gaming has announced details for League of Legends tournaments taking place during the Winter Season.
During the season, top teams from around the globe will compete for the North American Summer Promotion Qualifier which starts February 26. In it, 16 teams in the final four will go to the Winter Championship.
The Pro Circuit Winter Championship takes place in Dallas, Texas March 15 – 17 and includes the following:
1) The conclusion of the North American Summer Promotion Qualifier. Eight teams compete for $30,000 in prizes with the first place team – out of the four teams which qualify – will be receiving $20,000 and a spot in the May Promotion Tournament into the LCS.
2) International Exhibition Tournament – Four teams compete for $15,000.
3) Season Three North American League Championship Series (LCS).
In total, $170,000 in prizes will be on hand for winners during the Winter Championship via tournaments for League of Legends, Call of Duty: Black Ops 2 and StarCraft 2: Heart of the Swarm.
VIP and spectator passes for the MLG Winter Championship are available now online.
For those not attending, the weekend competition will be broadcast LIVE online and through Twitch beginning March 15 at 5pm CST.
Fans can watch for free in up to 720p HD, and select matches will be broadcast. Here’s the schedule:
- 2/21 – Challenger Tier Deadline
- 2/26 – Qualifier Round 1
- 2/28 – Qualifier Quarterfinals
- 3/4 – Quarterfinal #1 Broadcast
- 3/5 – Quarterfinal #2 Broadcast
- 3/6 – Quarterfinal #3 Broadcast
- 3/7 – Quarterfinal #4 Broadcast
The League of Legends Tournaments at the MLG Winter Championship will feature $45,000 in prizes total for North American Summer Promotion Qualifier and International Exhibition.
The Winter Championship includes an International Exhibition Tournament and Season Three North American League Championship Series (LCS) matches will compete in a single elimination bracket for $15,000 in prizes and a first place prize of $10,000. Teams will be announced at the end of February.