Destiny to appeal to all skill-levels, says Bungie

Monday, 18th February 2013 03:00 GMT By Brenna Hillier

Destiny will cater to highly skilled players without locking content away from more casual cowboys, Bungie hopes.

“If you have the basic coordination to play a shooter, you can experience all Destiny has to offer,” Bungie’s Jason Jones told Shack News.

“All core activities can be able to be enjoyed by a novice player, even as we we get into those complex six-player activities, like raids.”

Bungie wants “everybody that wants to play to be able to play Destiny”, Jones said, explaining that gamers have limited time and energy; they “don’t want to work hard, they don’t want to read, they don’t want to go on the internet to figure out our bullshit”.

“They want to be entertained, they want to become heroes, they want to feel things they don’t feel in their everyday lives. So our core experience has to be delivered as simply and directly as possible,” he concluded.

Jones didn’t explain how, but said Bungie will also offer an experience suitable for advanced players, which he admitted is a difficult balance to strike.

“We’re going to succeed, because we’re advanced players. We play our own game all the time. We’d go crazy if it was anything less than fun,” he said.

Destiny is coming to current and future consoles, and was revealed to media over the weekend. It has not been dated, although a 2013 release had been expected.

1. Joe_Gamer

Soooo it’s gonna be stupidly easy and repetitive for the rest of us then? See you can’t really have it both ways, remember that old axiom, the quickest path to failure is to try and make EVERYONE happy…or something like that.

#1 1 year ago
  2. splashofartstudios

@1- Exactly….Already see this games going to be hit or miss….

#2 1 year ago
  3. Erthazus

They are going the same way Blizzard went with World OF Warcraft.

#3 1 year ago
  4. manamana

Nothing to worry about imo. They managed to balance the enemy AI pretty good since Halo3. Play it as a beginner on easy and you might feel like a hero. Play it on Legendary and you are a hero. I haven’t found a single FPS with the variety of AI as in REACH, so yes, Bungie can pull it off, you naysayers.

#4 1 year ago
  5. Erthazus

” I haven’t found a single FPS with the variety of AI as in REACH”

Every PC shooter since 98. Congratulations for discovering something new.

#5 1 year ago
  6. manamana

See Ertha, I’m by all means a console player. So I don’t care for your PC crap. I’m fine with the stuff I’ve spent my time with. If you aren’t you can bitch around forums all day, exagerating and moaning. Nobody cares, you know.

#6 1 year ago
  7. Francis O

Nice another shooter….. day 1 in game DLC Confirmed. Fuck Activision. I won’t buy there crap.

#7 1 year ago
  8. Erthazus

@6, I’m not bitching bro, i’m just laughing at the new discovery. Congratulations, I hope that console devs will sell you more crap as something “new and fresh”. You deserve it anyway. Cheers.
    Don’t forget to spend enough money on it’s F2P feature in the future and DLC and stuff.

#8 1 year ago
  9. mkotechno

So, it’s a casual game, ok, thanks for the info.

#9 1 year ago
  10. manamana

@8 Go ahead, let it all out.

#10 1 year ago
  11. Mike W

I’m still on the fence with this game. It’s sounds like a freaking MMO game, but in their trailer they stated it’s an action-adventure game.

I don’t know about this one, I’ve never been a big Bungie fan, so it will be interesting to see if they can pull this off.

#11 1 year ago
  12. Grey Wolf

Hey guys, you have taken my picture ;) Look!

But I think it looks so great, it is ok :)

#12 1 year ago
  13. roadkill

Erth leave them alone. They have only 2 crappy franchises. It’s pretty sad. No point in harassing them anymore.

#13 1 year ago