PS4 – another shot of the rumored controller appears

Friday, 15th February 2013 16:31 GMT By Stephany Nunneley

Another shot of the rumored PS4 controller has appeared online, courtesy of Digital Foundry. It clearly shows the headphone jack, and a better view of the touch-pad which looks less shiny than yesterday’s picture. Check it out below, along with Eurogamer’s video which dissects what is rumored so far. Thanks, DrDamn.

1. Erthazus

It’s a dev kit but i’m not impressed with the changes.

I guess, 20 february won’t be something special.

#1 1 year ago
  2. woe

Why does it look like a crappy 3rd party controller?

#2 1 year ago
  3. Dave Cook

@2 it’s a prototype, so it may change come launch.

#3 1 year ago
  4. BlockheadBrown

Love it!

#4 1 year ago
  5. manamana

I think its not so flimsy as it is now, which is a good thing. The ‘Move’-part will be interesting, makes those dildos obsolete, I guess.

#5 1 year ago
  6. Beta

Not bad, but screams prototype.

Not a big fan of the matte finish either, but until I get to hold one I’m not going to come to a verdict.

*It’s a good prototype though, could have been a boomerang.. :P

#6 1 year ago
  7. Fin

I’m pretty sure Sony would have to say “We’re getting out of consoles and so should everyone else because PCs are so much better” for it to be something special to you.

#7 1 year ago
  8. Hunam

Not sure about lowering the L1/R1 buttons though. Could be a bit funky to hold. That was the problem with the PS3 pad too, had to get those clip on triggers to just keep hold of the pad.

#8 1 year ago
  9. Clupula

@7 – “We at Sony have joined hands with Nintendo and Microsoft and have decided all of our games from now until forever will PC exclusive! All hail the Master Race!”

#9 1 year ago
  10. Mike W

Wednesday cannot come soon enough.

#10 1 year ago
  11. Erthazus

@7,9, oh come on! Cut the crap.

I’m planning to buy one console for sure just for the exclusive games, but I want my console to have really good hardware and something really special.

and Games obviously.

So far I see that half of that are not coming in 20 feb.

#11 1 year ago
  12. dcarnage

I like the analog sticks but they’re still in an uncomfortable position…

#12 1 year ago
  13. Mike W

I really don’t see what you see…how does that look like a crappy third party controller?

#13 1 year ago
  14. Digital Bamboo

Whatever the final form turns out to be, they should retire the multi-color buttons, and go with all white, or faintly glowing blue. Class it up a bit. It’s time for the pink, red, green & blue to go, and the Playstation controller to evolve aesthetically.

#14 1 year ago
  15. Eddie Rodrigues

The PS3 controller was surprisingly great in my opinion, and this monstrosity won’t be a catch if gamers had trouble with the previous controller…

#15 1 year ago
  16. DrDamn

Colours are there for practical reasons, aesthetics shouldn’t override that.

#16 1 year ago
  17. Digital Bamboo

@16 You mean for QTE’s & such? Maybe, to some degree, but each button still has a corresponding (& well-known) shape, isn’t that enough?

#17 1 year ago