DmC: Devil May Cry: Vergil’s Downfall DLC is 3-5 hours long

Thursday, 14th February 2013 12:23 GMT By Dave Cook

DmC: Devil May Cry: Vergil’s Downfall is the first expansion pack for Ninja Theory’s hack-n-slash reboot. According to a fresh preview, the content is some 3-5 hours long.

Destructoid reports that the DLC sees Vergil trapped in a strange dimension and stripped of most of his powers. The article confirms that the expansion doesn’t re-tread of Dante’s stages, but contains all-new environments to explore, and comes in at the 3-5 hour mark.

Vergil handles similarly to his brother, with light and dark attacks, as well as an upgradable arsenal of swords and other weapons.

Dante also appears in the DLC.

The pack is out in February prices $8.99. Who’s buying?

1. YoungZer0

3-5 hours? That’s solid for a DLC, especially if you consider that the main game took around 8 hours to complete.

And I’ve already bought it. I wonder just how much the DLC expands on the story and if Ninja Theory has more in store.

Sidenote: One of the screenshots shows him with a longer coat (maybe that’s just the persective) and definitely a spiky hairstyle.

Does that happen when you switch between Angel and Demon weapon style? Is it even Angel and Demon?

And from the destructoid preview: “Plus cutscenes are all more like a motion comic crossed with an anime now, as opposed to in-game animations like before.”

What’s that supposed to mean? Doesn’t sound too good.

I hope there are costumes for Vergil and more costumes for Dante.

#1 1 year ago
  2. aseddon130

wow thats pretty good, if its more plot or story stuff i may invest. If it’s just challenges then i may skip them.

#2 1 year ago
  3. Dave Cook

@1 “What’s that supposed to mean?”

Less time / budget to make full motion capture cutscenes.

#3 1 year ago
  4. YoungZer0

@3: I understood that, I’m just wondering what it looks like. Right now I’m thinking I would look like the cutscenes from Folklore.

#4 1 year ago
  5. Dave Cook

@4 Oh right, yeah I imagine so, it can sometimes look quite cool :) Sounds like the Dead Space animated comics.

#5 1 year ago
  6. theevilaires

3-5 hours is pretty decent DLC time. All DLC should be around that in my opinion and an expansion should be be around 15-20 like the GTAIV episodes. Good job Ninja Theory and $9 is an ok price too.

#6 1 year ago
  7. YoungZer0

@5: Well I do hope it looks more like Folklore than the animated comics:

With voiceacting of course.

#7 1 year ago
  8. OmegaSlayer

LOL 3-5 hours is the full length of DmC.
    No way the DLC will be that long.

#8 1 year ago
  9. Butcher8

@OmegaSlayer Not for the average player, it took me around 8-9 hours, also I’m getting this dlc for free so I’m happy.

#9 1 year ago
  10. kindyno

@1 “What’s that supposed to mean?”
    I take that as it being like the “Graffiti” cut-scene.

#10 1 year ago
  11. danC

hey maan, you can buy cheap Devil May Cry from http://inexus.us/dmc-devil-may-cry/?a=k10 (they accept paysafecard, paypal, credit card) technical help is very useful

#11 1 year ago