Bungie announces Destiny, confirms February 17 reveal

Tuesday, 12th February 2013 19:29 GMT By Stephany Nunneley

Bungie will reveal Destiny next week, it has announced. The firm opened a teaser site, which we told you about earlier today, and the developer has now opened an official Twitter account – confirming the name. Destiny will also be present in some capacity at GDC in March, and is believed to be a social science fiction title. Bungie released a teaserlast week, and the first Destiny game is expected to release this year, according to the initial announcement with Activision.

1. Fin

I’m intrigued by this – they’re not going to preempt a platform announcement, so what’ll it be?
    A video with no platforms mentioned maybe? Curious.

2. Erthazus

fun fact though that it is going to be revealed before Sony’s Ps4 announcement that is in 20 feb.

Maybe they are going to tease NEXT XBOX? I’m sure that Microsoft is smart.

Anyway, not interested about this game anyway, unless bungie will start making good games.

3. Giskard

@2 Oh you. If you tried harder, you’d live under a bridge.

4. Moonwalker1982

This is gonna be an MMO, right? I wonder if its coming to the consoles as well.

5. Erthazus

It’s coming to the consoles and i’m not sure that it is a mmo. I think it will have something from mmorpg games like social stuff.

Something like in DUST 514 I think.

6. Moonwalker1982

Interesting, and i assume it’s coming for the next-gen consoles,not current…right?

7. Gheritt White

First of all Erthazus, why don’t you FUCK OFF and at least have a go at shifting your virginity?

Actually wait… I’m not sure I like the prospect of you breeding.

Secondly, FUCK the next gen, *this* is the year’s biggest announcement for me!! Hopefully this will be Marathon 4 in disguise!! (LOL, no)

8. Fin

He gets off on being an asshole.

9. hives

I really hope it’s not MMOFPS game… I’d love some solid single-player sci-fi experience. Give us something like Halo but darker, with different mechanics etc. But no MMO, please.

10. Gadzooks!

I’m pretty sure it’s an MMOFPS.

They have already confirmed it’s a timed 360 exclusive I believe. They announced the deal when they left MS.

Will also be coming out for Nextbox and probably other platforms at that time.

11. JRNO

I just hope this reveal doesn’t turn out to be another damn teaser for another god damned teaser in EA’s recent fashion. “We’re ready to blow off the doors on our upcoming game! Have a look at 12 seconds of the 90 second trailer we’ll be putting live once we hit 500,000 likes on our Facebook page! Don’t forget to tweet #AAAtitle2013 while you’re at it!”

12. LuLshuck

Whys everyone thinking its an MMO? some guy literally spilled the beans by saying it was a game like skyrim but with around 60 people in the world and that you can choose to do missions with other people

13. Gheritt White

The game is likely to have a story-driven single player campaign, but the multiplayer will essentially be an MMO. Expect this kind of strategy for *all* games moving forwards.