Wasteland 2 video gives a look into the game’s progress

Saturday, 9th February 2013 14:27 GMT By Stephany Nunneley

The first look into the development of Wasteland 2 has been released in video form. In it, you will become privy to some of the radio broadcasts from across the Wasteland and you will also be given a tour of the Agricultural Center by development director Chris Keenan. After that, you can get a look at the combat system, HUD, skill system, and keyword dialog system. It’s all work-in-progress stuff, but at least you finally get to see something. Also, two new bits of concept were released as well. Have a look below.Thanks, Hives.

1. Erthazus

Fantastic. I’m sold. Release date please.

At last, a good tactical game with RPG elements. Not some stupid consolized POS where you can’t even customize your interface.

Yesh!

P.S. If only these guys could make Fallout 4…

#1 1 year ago
  2. freedoms_stain

I was very impressed with what they’ve shown.

I’m playing Dragon Age: Origins right now and really this is how I wish that game played, properly turn based.

#2 1 year ago
  3. hives

The best thing is that they don’t have to worry that much about sales, cause they already “sold” much copies and they know what they can afford etc. The beauty of Kickstarter, I think.

I can’t wait. And after that – Project Eternity in 2014… Great months ahead of RPG fans.

p.s. You forgot “s” in my nick! :P

#3 1 year ago
  4. Stephany Nunneley

@3 Whoopsie! Will fix. :)

#4 1 year ago
  5. Stardog

Looks a lot better than the early screenshot released. Looks like it will turn out good.

#5 1 year ago
  6. GwynbleiddiuM

Nerdgasm! I WANT THIS!!!

#6 1 year ago
  7. hives

@5 – Yeah, it looks less bright & less colorful than this screen… And it’s OK for me, but some people already started to question this more dark style.

#7 1 year ago
  8. Kabby

The UI is ugly. The graphic portions are overly large at the expense of information. The rest of the game looks decent and the game play could be fun. 6/10 so far.

#8 1 year ago
  9. hives

Kabby, you made my day :X

10/10 for you.

#9 1 year ago
  10. Stephany Nunneley

Two pieces of concept art have been added.

#10 1 year ago
  11. TMRNetShark

For 6 months worth of work… It’s very impressive. Now only 10 more months before it’s nice and finished. :P

#11 1 year ago
  12. Phoenixblight

Oh my dear god. You know they are old school when HUD takes up 40% of the screen. That UI needs some serious tweaking.

#12 1 year ago
  13. sh4dow

Funny that so many people don’t like the UI. I for one think it’s great.

I have a much bigger issue with the graphics that look like they are from five years ago. And based on inxile’s description these are not just stand-ins for hires models that will still be built but this it it.
    One would think that they could at least bother to smooth out the edges on those models. It’s not that much work and even the low end machines today should be able to handle quite a bit more than what they showed in this demo…

#13 1 year ago
  14. CPC_RedDawn

video is broken for me so here is a link to gameplay video not sure if its the same one but it was released a day ago so it should be.

#14 1 year ago