Killzone 4 rumored as launch window title for rumored PS4

Friday, 8th February 2013 18:04 GMT By Stephany Nunneley

A source close to VideoGamer had said Killzone 4 will be announced during the PlayStation Meeting in New York City later this month, adding more fuel to the rumor of a new Guerilla Games reveal outed earlier this week.The source suggests the title could be released during the launch window for the rumored PS4 which is expected by the end of the year. To get your Killzone fix in the meantime, Guerrilla Cambridge’s Killzone: Mercenary for Vita releases in September.

1. ArcticMonkey

I love Sony, they’re my favorite 1st party developer. I love how they invest in new IP and PSN games like Journey and The Unfinished Swan, regardless of how you feel about those games it takes balls to invest in titles like that… but I couldn’t care less about Killzone =(

2. Sanwiches

That’s too much ‘rumored’ to believe

3. Dark

Can’t wait for the PS4 .. i really hope to see a good launch titles.

4. Greek God

K4 dayum!

5. Nam3M3King

@1 I’m sure Journey & unfinished swan are great games but we couldn’t careless, no interest in that genre what so ever

Can’t wait for K4 if that’s the launch game ps4 is a day one buy

6. xino

people pretend as if Killzone is good, just an average shooter.
    people only hype it up because they can call it the Halo of PS3.

they need to get rid of this franchise man.

Killzone 2′s graphics was great but not as spectacular as people hyped it.

7. Moonwalker1982

KZ2 was nice, but KZ3 was the better game. I really enjoyed the campaign and the graphics were lovely.

8. ArcticMonkey

@5 I haven’t even played those games myself (Outside of the demos). I’m just applauding their investment in different types of games

9. MadFingerz

@6 The Halo of PS3? Who actually calls it that? Apart from it also being a sci-fi FPS, I don’t really see what else they have in common. And KZ IS good, or at least KZ2 was, although I would have enjoyed it more with PC controls…can’t handle myself on FPSs with those pesky analogues…

I don’t know if I would say that KZ3 was a better game…didn’t play the campaign but on the multiplayer side it improved on certain things while on others it was a stepback.

10. Lewis247

I bought a ps3 a good few months ago and loving it so far. But finally getting to play Killzone 2 and 3… It’s so underwhelming. 2 would have blown my mind at the time of release, still looks good but it’s just so damn clunky. Not very enjoyable fps experiences at all.

Hope they do something right for once.

11. hives

Never was a big fan of Killzone. I really hope that we will see couple of new IP exclusive titles for both consoles at start… If we’re getting only sequels, I seriously will wait with buying next-gen.

12. Erthazus

Killzone is so meh. I expected new iP from Guerrilla to show off new hardware.

If they are not going to introduce new iP at the start of this gen, Sony will die.

It’s a fantastic opportunity to show off new iP’s and they are going to show it with the game that almost no one is interested in. The only reason why people at the start were interested in Killzone is because Sony had leadership and these people thought that CGI that they showed at E3 was a real deal.

In the end Killzone 2 had shitty campaign with linear corridors and post processing effects. Multiplayer was class based and I thought it was decent but nothing groundbreaking.

Killzone 3 was Call Of Duty in Space.

I think Sony should focus on new iP’s and only next time they can introduce games like Killzone, uncharted 4 and so on… Maybe God Of War 4 and etc. Too soon for KZ4.

13. matirishhh

Another good but 4 hours long campaign….Bring it SONY :] I’ll buy itfor 10 pounds once it becomes a platinum in 2015….

14. LuLshuck

For someone who doesnt like sony i have to agree that they are good at releasing new IPs even though some of them are shit but IPs such as killzone, little big planet and god of war they just milk the shit out of, not like MS is any better but still

15. stretch215

I was quite underwhelmed with killzone as well. Actually, I was a bit disappointed.

16. ManuOtaku

I dont have anything bad to say about killzone, for me is a good game, but why it has to be a launch title a FPS?, i dont think sony should follow microsoft target at launch, they posses better IPS IMHO, especially for launch

17. manamana

Launchwindows are wide open nowadays. I see it in summer 2014… Sony will show it off in a couple of days, stateing that its a launchtitle, thats for shure. Like GT6, lol.

18. ItsFade

First footage of Killzone 4 will just be actors on a set and then forums will argue for years whether or not the gameplay was real or CGI only for the game to be released with graphics being “close enough”.

This will then lead to a sequel being created which ends up being rather subpar and disappointing only for Killzone 6 to be announced as a launch title for Playstation 5 and the cycle renew.

19. Sanwiches

I agree with ItsFade, only I think the launchtitlefor ps5 will be Killzone8

20. TD_Monstrous69

OK, I’m not quite as down on the KillZone series as the rest of you here, and I tkink that KillZone 3 actually left some ideas that could’ve been further explored, and if KillZone 4 is what Guerilla’s gonna show off come February 20th, a few suggestions for them;
    1. 3 had a strong antagonist, with an artfully menacing, menihical look to em (with personality to boot), but weak protagonists going up against them in comparison, try to add some personality to the protagonists please
    2. Also, 3 made an attempt at trying to diversify the color pallette from KZ2, expand on the idea further with KillZone 4.
    3. The multiplayer was a step up goin from KZ2 to KZ3, but please, leave 3′s MP menu system behind.
    4. And finally, please don’t tell me this is what you’re seriously starting out with going from PS3 to PS4? Now don’t get me wrong, I do like the KillZone series, and I look forward to seeing 4, but I’d seriously would like to see Guerilla Games working on a new IP for the next Playstation. I mean come on, it was revealed 3 years ago you were working on a new IP, well what time would be better than February 20th to unfurrel the curtain on it? Let Naughty Dog, Sony Santa Monica, and Polyphony come with the established stuff.

21. orakaa