Crysis 3: new eye-watering CryEngine 3 shots released

Friday, 8th February 2013 14:52 GMT By Dave Cook

Crysis 3 previews are flying all over the place right now – you can check out my interview with Crytek here – along with a fresh batch of razor-sharp CryEngine 3 shots that show off new environments, enemies and Prophet striking poses.

1. ps3fanboy

how much are we console owners gonna suffer this time?… with crappy framerate, short distance sight, texture popping and bloom/vaseline effect from your non optimized lazy code work.

that is the question…

2. Dave Cook

@1 Suffer? Buy a high-spec PC if it bothers you so much.

3. ps3fanboy

and you think as a high end pc owner you will not suffer?… compare crysis1 and crysis2 then.

4. XDamage

Wouldn’t “eye-watering” be a bad thing? :D

By the way, my GPU caught on fire when I looked at these screenshots.

5. mkotechno

#1 Crysis2 in PS3 was pretty funny, framerate 24hz, shadow refresh 20hz, physics calculations 10hz.

Crysis3 should be distributed as a interactive powerpoint instead.

6. Gadzooks!

I rather enjoyed Crysis 2 on the 360.

It looked very nice, played smoothly and gave me multiple ways to approach situations with the wider-than-average level design and stealth mechanics.

I’m quite happy to indulge in Crysis 3 based on the Beta.

7. ps3fanboy

i dont doubt you had an enjoyable time. but the crysis2 is crap on both consoles that is nothing you can hide under a rock. but i guess your one of these guys that don’t know the different between mhz and ghz and call a harddisk for ram too… there is enough of them casual gamer joe’s out there. this is just one of the big problems of today, it just make it harder to find out if a game run good or not.

8. Gadzooks!

#7

9. Samoan Spider

@7 I can assure you I can comfortably explain everything in my pc, its functions, features and benefits. I’m also far from a casual gamer. Now that said, I’m with #6 in saying Crysis 2 played perfectly fine on the xbox and on the ps3. Perfectly playable, looked good and was nice a smooth except the odd stutter as you’d expect on both systems.
    I’m almost certain I wont be managing Crysis 3 in ultra but I’m also looking forward to making my PC cry =)