Sonic Adventure 3 is working title of next Sonic title – rumour

Thursday, 7th February 2013 13:44 GMT By Dave Cook

Sonic Adventure 3 is the working title of Sega’s next Sonic the Hedgehog game, according to an alleged inside source.

The rumblings come from a Go Nintendo source who is said to be close to the matter.

Sonic Adventure 3 is said to be the internal codename of the project, and it may not stick come launch time. But still, would you like to see a new game made similarly to the classic Dreamcast games? Or is 2D still the way forward?

Either way the next Sonic game will be revealed this month. Read our full report on the announcement here.

Thanks Nintendo Life.

1. SplatteredHouse

#1 1 year ago
  2. JackTheFaux

After replaying both Sonic Adventure titles on my Xbox 360, I’d totally play a new Sonic Adventure game. My fog of nostalgia may have masked the ugly face that was the overall gameplay of these games. But now it has subsided, and I still think that a new “Adventure” title would pretty fun.

…as long as it doesn’t turn out to be another Sonic ’06. No.

#2 1 year ago
  3. Clupula

I loved Sonic Adventure when it first came out. Did NOT like SA2.

But I downloaded the first game on my PS3 and, damn, did that game age poorly. It’s basically unplayable these days. I can’t imagine buying an SA3.

#3 1 year ago
  4. Fin

If everything something needed a proper reboot…

#4 1 year ago
  5. dotfaust

Ooooooh I’ve been waiting for this for forever baby! Loved the original, liked the second one even more, and then (IMO) the downward spiral began… I hope they can top city escape with any even cheesier song!

#5 1 year ago
  6. Clupula

@4 – Quick! Someone get Ninja Theory on the phone!

#6 1 year ago
  7. noamlol2

i really hope they are serious about this

the sonic the hedgehog 4 episode 1+2 was such a piece of shit

if they make another 2D sonic game then no buy from me

but i really look forward for another adventure game

#7 1 year ago