Gamer selling 30-year game collection for $500,000 on eBay

Thursday, 7th February 2013 15:34 GMT By Dave Cook

Over on eBay, a seller called’ videogames.museum’ is auctioning all of the games, console and controllers amassed over a 30-year period for half a million dollars.

The listing opens, “After a life spent collecting video games I decide to sell off my entire collection. I just have too much things and the space to store them is finished long ago.”

There collection holds 6850 from Pong all the way up to modern titles, over 330 consoles, some 220 controllers and over 185 accessories.

Hot damn. At the time of writing the collection has received no bids.

To prove the validity of the listing, the seller has created an image library of the wares.

The full list of games can be found here.

What do you make of this then? It’s not exactly pocket change is it?

Thanks Gamespot.

1. absolutezero

Not that my humble collection even approaches that haul of goods but it does make me think how much I could flog mine for.

I have some pretty rare PS2 games in amoungst the piles, a fair few JP imports and some ancient controllers.

So who fancies a Naruto L.E. GBA SP?

2. silkvg247

Id I had a few million quid I’d likely be bidding on it. :)

3. friendlydave

@2 Really, the best part about having a game collection to me is the collecting it part. Buying such a large haul seems silly to me.

4. theevilaires

Everything he has there is worth every penny I’m fucking tempted to buy it right now :/ but half a million is half a million….shit im stuck between a rock and a hard place on this one.

5. silkvg247

@3 Well if I were rich I’d want a large area of my mansion to be my own self contained fully functional gaming museum, so this would be a great starting point you see. ;)

6. Gnosis

Wow… I think, I’m about to die of envy. Collections like this just make me realize how much I’ve missed. And I’ve been playing video games since the SNES.

7. GwynbleiddiuM

@2 “If I had a few million quid I’d” start my own game making studio.

8. tmac2011

thats when you know you have a video game addiction :)

9. silkvg247

@7 I’d need to have done that first to have made the aformentioned few million, one step at a time!

10. EdgizAwesome

Holy nerd haha beast collection.