Xbox 720 watch: is this the first Project Gotham 5 teaser art?

Wednesday, 6th February 2013 09:33 GMT By Dave Cook

Project Gotham 5 is rumoured to be in development at Liverpool studio Lucid Games. We’ve unearthed what could be the first teaser art for the alleged Xbox 720 launch title.

This morning we reported on a rumour – which has been verified as true by Polygon – that said Lucid Games is currently developing Project Gotham 5 for the launch of Microsoft’s next console.

The studio is comprised of ex-Criterion and Bizarre Creations staff, and over on the LinkedIn profile of the studio’s character animator, VG247 has found the below image:

The blurb that accompanies the images reads, “Currently working as animator on a soon to be announced game”

I then checked the Lucid Games site and found this image of London:

If you hover over the image on the Lucid Games site a pop up says ‘Skylight’. The sign in the pic strongly suggests that Xbox 720 is due to launch in 2013. Backing up recent rumours.

what do you make of this people?

1. Pytox

Also a new perfect dark from rare incoming or is that a rare chance that could happen? :P

2. Fin

Sheeeet, that’s some good detective work right there.
    It’s of London too, which suggest PGR.

3. Dave Cook

@2 thank you :) I was like ‘WHAAAAAA’ when I saw it.

4. Joe Anderson

If you hover over the image it says Skylight.

5. DeyDoDoughDontDeyDough

PGR5 is a great choice for a launch title.

6. Gadzooks!

I’d be more than happy with new PGR at launch.

That and a new Perfect Dark (but a better effort than Zero) would be monster.

7. Nicolas Pottier

PGR5 as a launch title of the next Xbox would be so so so AMAZING !! I love this IP. Please, Paris back to this 5th game :)

@1 God yes, it will be awesome. I want the same launch titles of 360 > Perfect Dark, Kameo 2 and PGR5 :D (or a Conker game, it would be huge for a launch title “I’M BACK !!”).

8. DrDamn

Great idea for a launch title. Starting to get a lot more exciting now we are looking at actual likely games rather than specs. :)

9. DeyDoDoughDontDeyDough

I agree. Specs are boring. Talk me some fucking Fallout 4 and I don’t give a fuck how many gigaplops it’s got.

10. Superfrog

This rumour was unearthed at NeoGAF already in March 2012:

That teaser pic from the Lucid website was posted a month ago, too:

Anyway, the recent confirmation by the Polygon guy and the image without road sign are making me very happy. :)

11. Dave Cook

@10 we must have missed it mate. But still tying it together with the recent PGR 5 chatter it all makes more sense :)

Exciting times!

12. Nicolas Pottier

Or that’s “just” a PGR game for Windows Phone 8 and Surface :(

13. Fin

DON’T YOU RUIN OUR DREAMS

14. pleasant_cabbage

So good news(speculation): potential PGR launch game

Bad news(speculation): no second hand sales http://www.edge-online.com/news/the-next-xbox-always-online-no-second-hand-games-50gb-blu-ray-discs-and-new-kinect/

*passes around salt*

15. DeyDoDoughDontDeyDough

‘Skylight’ might refer to the Bat signal, which is referred to as the ‘Skylight’ by several sources of Bat lore.

Not a big jump from there to Gotham.

16. Ireland Michael

@14 That’s an extremely strenuous link they’ve made in that article. I usually respect EDGE, but that’s sensationalist bullshit journalism at its finest,

17. mistermogul

Good to hear some Bizarre Creations guys will be working on this. PGR2 is still my favourite racer ever…

18. pleasant_cabbage

Weird isn’t it? They sound pretty confident though.

19. DrDamn

I thought that – though the initial paragraph is poorly worded. It says later on – “It is believed that games purchased on disc will ship with activation codes, and will have no value beyond the initial user.”.

If it’s confirmed one is doing it then they both will be I think. One wouldn’t do it without knowing the other is going to as well.

20. gameon

Don’t care much for PGR, but a 2013 Xbox 720 release sounds great!

21. Joe Musashi

@16 Strenuous? Are you sure about that? ;)

JM

22. Fin

I’ve heard similar things.