Witcher 3 – CDP to “leave open the possibility” of returning to the series

Wednesday, 6th February 2013 15:48 GMT By Stephany Nunneley

CDP has clarified comments made yesterday regarding Witcher 3 being the last game in the series.

According to a representative for the firm, speaking with VG247, “The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt will wrap up the saga of Geralt of Rivia, but we do leave open the possibility of returning to the Witcher world.”

Confusion on the matter arose when yesterday, studio head said Adam Badowski said in the press release that “Yes, it is,” the last of the Witcher games.

“Why? Because we believe that we should end the series on a high note,” he said.

Today, a report from Eurogamer Poland stated that Badowski meant The Witcher 3 would be “the last game of this trilogy.”

“This is the last part of the trilogy, in which there will be a great finale of the story. However, this doesn’t mean the end of franchise,” CDPR CEO Adam Kicinski told Polish Press Agency.

Hopefully, this clears things up a bit for everyone.

The Witcher 3 is slated for release on high end consoles and PC in 2014.

1. roadkill

\o/

#1 1 year ago
  2. DSB

I just hope they don’t go back to it “just because”. There should really be a story worth telling.

I think the industry is alive with “walking dead” games that should’ve been put to rest a long time ago.

#2 1 year ago
  3. Se_7_eN

I love Geralt to put it simply… I also love CD Projekt and their dedication to PC gaming / gaming in general.

With that being said, and everything I have seen from CD Projekt, these guys are not about doing “cash grab” games. I believe the only way we will return to The Witcher “world” is if it is a completely new storyline, new time era, and no characters from Geralt’s story. It will be done so perfectly that most people will even forget it is supposed to be tied in, because I think CD Projekt wants to move on from it.

#3 1 year ago
  4. Tormenter

I was actually encourage by the news that there was going to be a definitive end. It meant that they would have taken care to tie up all the loose ends of the Franchise, and if they wanted to make more then it would be a new story/character.. but now it’s just like everything else.. we’re going to get a cliffhanger that may or may not be resolved.

I like CDPR.. but this is BS as far as I’m concerned… Finish it or don’t finish it, but stop blowing smoke up our collective arse.

EDIT: FIX.. The Witcher 3 is slated for release on high end consoles and (standard for the day) PC in 2014

#4 1 year ago
  5. Puggy

Well, they can always make a Prequel, showing Geralt as he takes his trials and stuff like that. Still makes their PR Statement true. Or just say that fans “demand” it and make another Geralt game anyway.

Not matter what people say, the company has to earn money in order to pay their employees. If they make a lot of money that way…. why not?
    In the very worst case it will be a reboot.

#5 1 year ago