Mass Effect voice actor Robin Sachs has died at 61

Wednesday, 6th February 2013 13:00 GMT By Dave Cook

Actor Robin Sachs – the voice of Zaeed in Mas Effect 2 & 3 – has died aged 61.

Image Credit: transparent-aluminium.net

The BBC reports that London-born actor Sachs, who was also known for his role of Ethan in Buffy the Vampire Slayer, died this morning.

In a statement posted on Sach’s official website, staff paid tribute to the actor, “Please join us in raising a glass to Robin – goodbye, dear friend. Thank you for all the laughter and the cookies. We will miss you so very much.”

His ex-wife Casey Defranco also offered condolences, adding that Sachs was “a wonderful person, extraordinarily talented as an actor.”

Here’s a clip of Sachs in action as Mass Effect 2 bounty hunter Zaeed:

Thanks to EvilChickenSWE for the clip, and PCGamesN for the tip.

1. a7md1990

R.I.P

#1 1 year ago
  2. Froseidon

#2 1 year ago
  3. OmegaSlayer

#3 1 year ago
  4. fightclubdoll

:( …I remembered his name from Galaxy Quest. I even looked him up in the credits because he had done such a phenomenal job as Sarris.

It wasn’t until just now that I made the connection with Mass Effect. He voiced one of my all time favorite characters.

He was an amazing talent.

R.I.P.

#4 1 year ago
  5. hosseincode

#5 1 year ago
  6. roadkill

R.I.P.

#6 1 year ago
  7. GwynbleiddiuM

R.I.P :<

#7 1 year ago
  8. KrazyKraut

R.I.P

#8 1 year ago
  9. DSB

Awesome voice, but I didn’t use Zaeed once during Mass Effect 2. The guy was just a one-dimensional douchebag.

That’s down to the writers, not the actor obviously.

#9 1 year ago
  10. Cobra951

Damn, 61? What happened? I know most readers here are too young to see that age as anything but ancient, but it’s really not.

RIP, Robin.

#10 1 year ago
  11. polygem

yea 61 is nothing. shame. rest in peace old kid.

#11 1 year ago
  12. fearmonkey

I am sad to hear this, I loved this guy’s voice. I loved him in Galaxy quest (Why in heavens name hasn’t there been a video game, animated series, etc based on it!), babylon 5 (same deal, a shame there is no games) and loved him as Zaeed in Mass effect. I was hoping that Zaeed might one day return in a new Mass effect game, wont be the same without robin.

RIP! Another former B5 actor gone beyond the rim :(