Hitman movie reboot casts Paul Walker as Agent 47

Wednesday, 6th February 2013 09:12 GMT By Dave Cook

‘Hitman 2′ is the incoming movie from FOX. Fast the Furious mainstay Paul Walker has been cast as the bald one himself, Agent 47.

IGN reports that Walker will lead the reboot, which follows the studio’s previous effort ‘Hitman’ starring Timothy Olyphant.

Director Aleksander Bach – who has only previously directed commercials – is attached, marking his feature film debut.

Don’t scoff though, David Fincher only did commercials for ages before doing Alien 3.

What do we make of this then readers?

1. bitsnark

Man, the backlash on this from fans will be Fast & Furious no doubt.

*Gets coat*.

#1 1 year ago
  2. Superfrog

Paul Walker? I can’t even imagine how he would look with a bald head. Also, his face looks too soft. I’d rather see Luke Goss in a new Hitman movie, he recently made some decent movies and could be a great fit. Not only because of this flick:

#2 1 year ago
  3. orakaa

Wow… Paul Walker and a director no one heard about before? Is this going to be direct-to-video?

A good Hitman movie could be possible (there is a lot of potential), but I don’t think it will ever happen unfortunately.

#3 1 year ago
  4. viralshag

I thought Timothy Olyphant made a good 47 but the movie was a little rubbish. Luke Goss could be a good shout but I think Paul Walker could also work.

I think he needs to lose a bit of his tan and I have no idea how he would look without his usual rugged unshaved face.

#4 1 year ago
  5. orakaa

Olyphant is a good actor, but he was too young/clean/nice for the role (and the movie was really bad… I still remember the scene with the 4 hitmen in the train wagon… oh boy…).

Walker? I don’t know. Physically he could do the job, but he’s a bad actor.
    I saw the first Transporter movie the other day, with Jason Statham, and even if the movie is clearly different from the Hitman games, I couldn’t help but think Statham, with a clean shave and hair cut, would have been more appropriate for the role.

#5 1 year ago
  6. viralshag

I was thinking Statham but I’m not sure, I just don’t think he would fit the character well. Even if he didn’t speak much I couldn’t imagine a Statham-47 without his accent…

#6 1 year ago
  7. PenTaFH

Oh man. I do not see Paul Walker as a good 47. Just like Tim Olyphant was a bad idea.

Why not just approach the man himself? I mean, both voice and likeness in the games are David Bateson.

#7 1 year ago
  8. GwynbleiddiuM

So, people originally wanted Jason Statham as the Agent 47, they got some other guy, movie failed and the lesson here is to go for another actor that has no resemblance to 47 again. OK, pass. At this point casting The Rock was a better idea, he’s bald at least.

#8 1 year ago
  9. Gheritt White

I reckon you need a comma between “then” and “readers”, Dave :-P

#9 1 year ago
  10. The_Red

He could play Timothy Olyphant himself (Previous Hitman actor). In other words, the chosen actor still looks nothing like Mr 47.

#10 1 year ago
  11. Fin

Y NO JASON STATHAM

#11 1 year ago
  12. viralshag

@11, Listen bro, I know we share a man-love for The Stathinator but he just wouldn’t fit this role!

Deal with it!

#12 1 year ago
  13. Fin

|he just wouldn’t fit this role!

Ahem, this implies a role exists that JASON STATHAM would not be perfect for.
    We both know that’s not true.

#13 1 year ago
  14. viralshag

I want to see a Rocky reboot with Statham as the lead, if I’m honest.

#14 1 year ago
  15. Isha

Please please “TIM” come back as Agent 47… i have seen Hitman more than 10 times a day… :)

#15 1 year ago
  16. rippeer

What a farce. Hitman is one my favourite movies. I bought it on DVD and Blu-Ray and Tim is epitome of bad ass. I loved that movie and him. He has the perfect voice for and his acting really portrays him as a really cold hearted killer. In fact I’m gong to watch it now.
    Paul Walker- I can no see him saved and wearing a $5,000 armani suit.

#16 1 year ago