Dead Space 3 infinite items exploit found already

Wednesday, 6th February 2013 08:52 GMT By Dave Cook

Dead Space 3 just hit retail in the States yesterday – check out all of the review scores here – but gamers have already exposed an exploit with the game’s resource-gathering mechanic, giving them infinite items. Guess they don’t have to pay microtransactions for them after all.

Destructoid reports – via a video guide by Game Front – that there is a room in chapter 8 of Dead Space 3 that houses the exploit. See it in action below.

Meanwhile, the game’s first full DLC – entitled ‘Awakened’ – will launch in March.

1. KrazyKraut

like in every DS-game

2. Telepathic.Geometry

Heh heh… Classic. Just goes to show how fucking greedy they are.

3. Dave Cook

@2 How does it? Sure they’re greedy, but the exploit doesn’t highlight it :P

4. Telepathic.Geometry

It highlights how little work they have to do on the programming end to give you lots of resources. i.e. none… Yeah, I know, that’s pretty flimsy. Okay, let me re-word it…

FUCK YOU EA you greedy fuckin’ shower o’ cunts!

5. mobiugearskin

I lose more faith in humanity every time I read comments like the above.

The internet just breeds retardation.

6. Wezzulus

Yeah because there have never been any game with exploits or glitches in right? …Oh wait…

7. Telepathic.Geometry

@6: Huh? 0_@

8. freedoms_stain

I wonder if EA will break their patching policy to get this fixed ASAP.

9. Telepathic.Geometry

It would be interesting if they patched ONLY that. My guess is that they would sneak it in amongst other fixes to avoid the bad press.

But actually, I suppose that the kind of person who’d shell out for the download is not the kind of person who could/would use that exploit.

10. xino

i bet the dev did it on purpose.
    EA are bloody greedy!

11. Cobra951

I don’t get it. Infinite resources would put some serious hurt on microtransactions that give you stuff to make the game easier, no? (Why buy them with real money when you can get an infinite amount in the game already?) If I understand this correctly, they’re going to be patching the exploit in a hurry.