Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time out today in North America

Tuesday, 5th February 2013 16:18 GMT By Stephany Nunneley

Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time launches today North America through retail, and also as a download from PSN. The PS3 version will run you $39.99 and included a digital PS Vita version at no additional cost. Alternatively, you can purchase the PS Vita version for $29.99. You can also pick up the companion game Bentley’s Hackpack today for either PS3 or PS Vita, for just $2.99. A video of it is below along with the core game’s launch trailer. Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time launches in Europe on March 27.

1. theevilaires

Will be buying this later tonight you can’t beat this deal. The demo was awesome too. Love the animations the characters make and the cell shaded graphics look crisp,vibrant and gorgeous. Plus the Vita set of trophies are totally different from the PS3 set giving you more reason to play the game twice on both platforms.

#1 1 year ago
  2. Dragon246

@TEA,
    ” Plus the Vita set of trophies are totally different from the PS3 ”
    Ah, no. It has been confirmed otherwise on us ps blog.

Although its definitely a great deal. A full AAA game for 40$ on 2 platforms, yes please.

#2 1 year ago
  3. Moonwalker1982

Playing the demo on my Vita as we speak. I never gave the previous games a chance. I guess it’s a stupid question, but the HD collection is pretty worth it i assume?

#3 1 year ago
  4. polygem

just downloaded the demo yesterday. will play it tonight. i am a huge sly fan. cannot wait for this one. have it on preorder but will have to wait till march 27th :(
    these are the sony games i truly love.
    @3: the sly hd collection is awesome. the games are only 9,99 (i think) each on ps store if you don´t want to get them all. i only started playing sly 3 HD yet. it´s fantastic. if i had to pick just one game i´d suggest to go for sly 2. 3 is a bit different, least representative one…well, just get the full hd collection. can´t go wrong with that really.
    playing the gow saga as well atm,. the first 2 games, esp. 2 look great in hd. timeless games. flawless gamedesign.
    what really is surprising me: i have played them on the ps2 and i couldn´t really recall the details. now that i replay them, they feel extremeley familiar and i can totally recall some of the puzzles and cutscenes as if i´d just played it a week ago. you know it´s a good game when it´s stuck in your head like this.

#4 1 year ago
  5. The_Red

Wow, just WOW. Well done Sony. After effectively killing it with superb and perfectly marketed launch of LBP Karting and Playstation All-Star last year, you are starting the year with a BAND.

I mean, Sony’s marketing has successfully made this game look bigger than GTA5 and Modern Warfare 4 combined. Almost everyone I know, even people who don’t know a thing about video games are fully aware of Thieves in Time and the fact that it’s coming out today.

Seriously, a dead ant could have done a better job of marketing these poor games.

#5 1 year ago
  6. theevilaires

@ Dragon I read somewhere else they weren’t doing that. That sucks if they went back on that original plan.

@Moonwalker yes the HD trilogy is worth it. I never got to play SLY on PS2 and glad I got the chance to play them in HD this gen. Definitely worth it and is just as good as Ratchet and Jak series. Sorry I slept on this series but I will pay my respects by getting the 4th installment tonight.

#6 1 year ago
  7. Eddie Rodrigues

AW YES! Now I must wait for a South America release or just to grab the PSN version :/

#7 1 year ago