PS4 watch: PlayStation Meeting reminders go out ahead of reveal

Tuesday, 5th February 2013 10:56 GMT By Dave Cook

Friendly reminder time: PS4 is tipped for a big reveal at Sony’s ‘PlayStation Meeting’ event on February 20th at 6pm EST. Sony has sent VG247 a reminder that you should all sign up for alerts from the show. Sounds like something rather big is coming indeed.

In a note sent to VG247, we received a rather simplistic PlayStation graphic along with the words, ‘Be the first to know’. If you’d like to sign up to the event’s alerts you can do so here.

That’s it. No further news. No insight. Just a friendly reminder from your pals at VG247.

But if you would like more information on recent PS4 leaks then we have a ton of goodies for you. Try these on for size:

There you are. Go nuts.

1. daytripper

I hope it’s a worldwide release rather than 3-4 month gaps

#1 1 year ago
  2. KAP

UK Europe will get it last.
    That’s a given.

#2 1 year ago
  3. Timurse

Actually this morning after a detailed Xbox Next GPU reveal it’s rather disappointing. This generation I mostly hooked up to 360 playing almost all the games on it, and kept PS3 just for all the Uncharteds, Heavy Rain, etc. It’s obvious multiplat games look and play better on 360 (don’t have gaming pc, just old macbook), also Live is more convenient for me than PSN (with all those mandatory installs and enormous patch times). But this time it looks like Sony took a good lesson: good development environment, massive raw power, redesigned dualshock (about fucking time – 14 years passed with almost the same design), exclusives, etc.
    i’ll wait for both reveals but for now my inner scales just moved to the ps4 side as a winner.

#3 1 year ago
  4. PC_PlayBoy

Consoles lol. Shakes head and walks away….

#4 1 year ago
  5. ps4some

@4 Thanks for that. Can’t do it silently I guess ?

#5 1 year ago
  6. Dragon246

OK? VG247 has been invited for the meet, right?

@3,
    Yeah. Only missing piece of the puzzle is pricing now. 400 and below would be a killer one.
    And controller, I am happy as long as its not packed with costly stuff like second screen.

#6 1 year ago
  7. KAP

15+ years playing on a dualshock is fine for me. There’s nothing wrong with it. If you like the 360 pad so much just buy a 360 shaped pad for the PS3 there cheap and loads of them out there. Problem solved. I don’t think they should change it for your sake. If it ain’t broke..

#7 1 year ago
  8. SlayerGT

@5 They have to. Sadly as lovely as their powerhouse PCs are, the games they play on them are still made for consoles with just better graphics. They’re interested in new consoles even though all the evidence would point to the contrary..cause they want new games. Just like us console folk.

#8 1 year ago
  9. nhowell14

@9 Okay, seriously whats with the spam already?@!?

@#4 PC_PlayBoy; sigh with a SN like that, I’m sure you’re awfully proud of your gaming rig and ya, technically they are superior, even to the next gen consoles of tomorrow, but where your games bro? Where’s your Halo 4 or God of War or Gears of War? HMMMMMMMMMMMM?????

And to possibly or more than likely go over your head; depending on if you run Windows or not, all that PC “power” is pretty much useless. Especially when you can do pretty much everything a PC can do on the PS3 or 360 and with the Wii U, shit you can’t. So shut the F up with this console inferiority bullcrap. Show me some games besides day z (which is hitting consoles anyway) and Maybe I wont think you’re an absolute idiot for dropping the same amount of money the PS3 did back in 06 for a gaming card that’s outdated as crap as soon as (if) you get the proper drivers for it.

Ooohhh snap!

#9 1 year ago
  10. nhowell14

excuse the previous comment everyone, I’m attempting to hold my keyboard tongue on here, even if I do hear some combustible air escaping from what I’ll assume to be the asshole of a mouth that means bout as much as the smell….

As for the Playstation 4, if the rumors hold true, then the hardware will be favorable, really favorable, for making games on. This along with the sharing concept (which is about darn time!) should be a killer concept. That is if Microsoft’s illumiroom tech doesn’t mop the floor with it first! Now, lets just hope Microsoft DOES NOT use windows 8 and has figured out how to make quality hardware, or it may not be nearly as competitive as the 360 was for the 8th gen…

#10 1 year ago
  11. polygem

@3: same here. i totally agree with you. on my ps3 account there only are exclusives and maybe 3 or 4 multiplat games (games i once borrowed from a friend;)
    i have a feeling that sony will surprise us. i really want that to happen. i mean if they fix some things with the online (the ones you mentioned, installs, patches horror) , if they get the pricing rigth, deliver a sexy new controller (musn´t reinvent the wheel though), they could really hit the nail. the ip´s are there. just please do not trash them with soso games like ratchet all 4 one, uncharted card game etc.
    i can see ms winning in the service and social department but i do not want that from my gaming machine. i love nintendos take on online social with miiverse. it´s uniquw and really social, no competition, achievment off showing bullshit. i love that. it´s so old school and still supermodern. you got to give nintendo kudos for miiverse. i am sure we´ll see stuff like this from ms AND sony.
    i want to downshift next gen. wanna play less but want to have a good variety in games. if i had to choose just two systems today i would pick the ps3 and 3ds. they have great stuff in the pipeline for the next few month. wii u as well. next gen i definitley wont buy all the consoles. steambox is intersting too but i wouldn´t count sony out as my main console. i just love some of their games. microsoft though, while being my most played console this gen…i do not see myself buying into their next thing. not at all. it was great to play on the 360 a few years ago, but with the latest dash update, with the ads and all that, they went too far for my taste. i don´t want to watch a mc donalds ad every time i turn on my “paid service” xbl.

#11 1 year ago
  12. nhowell14

@#12 WiiVerse is indeed the most fun I’ve ever had in regards to socializing with my gaming console. Near on the Vita is more or less crap, lets hope Sony can drastically improve on that.

And PLEASE FOR THE LOVE OF PETE, NO MORE MANDATORY INSTALLS AFTER I DOWNLOAD A GAME. By the time I get done downloading the 30 Min Game Trial just to await a further 15-20 mins to update that game, my time expires and I just wasted over an hour waiting to play a game. Same for the disc based one, I’m in the habit now of disconnecting from the interwebs before I even put in a disc-based game.

#12 1 year ago
  13. polygem

hehe, yeah they really need to fix that. i am sure they will though. sony knows that very well.
    yesterday i downloaded and installed the god of war saga psp games and movie bonus stuff as well…took half the day. then i downloaded and installed the sly cooper demo and downloaded (not installed) a few other demos. had my ps3 running the whole day and was only able to play a game for 2 hours or so in between downloading, installing…:)

#13 1 year ago
  14. monkeygourmet

Im still wondering if MS are going to try and trump them from a power perspective.

I honestly can’t see why they wouldn’t?

They could muscle Sony into a weird place if they made a very powerful machine which had the best exclusives.

Maybe the GPU leak was for their media box and they are also working on a powerhouse?

Would be a shame if everyones playing it safe.

#14 1 year ago
  15. monkeygourmet

But, PSN is free so don’t complain! :)

#15 1 year ago
  16. theevilaires

I want 2 USB 3.0 in the back SONY! I want USB ports to be live even when the system is in stand by mode like the 360.

#16 1 year ago
  17. osric90

No PS1, PS3 and PS3 backwards compatibility, no buy.

#17 1 year ago
  18. polygem

yeah what about bc? i do not need psone, ps2 bc but would really like to have ps3 bc….i don´t think it´ll happen though.
    but i believe the same goes for nextbox.

#18 1 year ago
  19. theevilaires

If they don’t don B/C that means the they can price the system a lot cheaper for everyone hopefully. If they do put it in great if not oh well my PS3′s aren’t going anywhere. I just want USB ports in back of the console now and for the OS to be able to play MKV files.

#19 1 year ago
  20. Bill_E_Talent

“and for the OS to be able to play MKV files”

Not going to happen.

#20 1 year ago
  21. SlayerGT

I think we found this Gen that BC is something you can buy after the fact i.e. remakes, digital ports. Im guess Gaiki streaming as per PSPlus.

Anyone with a vita can see what to expect on the feature front. Party chat. Running multiple apps/games.

I’d like to see full disc installs (pc/360). I think it saves the life of the machine by keeping it cooler and less wear on the disc drive.

#21 1 year ago
  22. SlayerGT

Also. My belief is that the reason they moved the PSN store from a firmware integrated to an app (which blows imo, I loved the “recommend” button) so so when the new system launches..you’ll be familiar already to take advantage of “all the new PS4 content”! ;)

#22 1 year ago
  23. theevilaires

Oh well 15 more days I feel like a kid counting down to xmas. I hope they announce a Vita price drop too at least $30-$50.

#23 1 year ago
  24. Bill_E_Talent

You really have to wonder what they are going to do with the store? I mean, all the PSN games that you’ve accumulated through purchases and PS+ won’t be compatible with the new console. How will they make the digital transition is what I would like to know?

#24 1 year ago
  25. SlayerGT

@25 that may very well be what’s discussed at the event. And is a very question. Same goes for Live yeah? Hmmm.

#25 1 year ago
  26. theevilaires

Gaikai perhaps? I think a lot of people are forgetting that SONY bought them for a significant amount and with all the doom about them not having money you have to wonder what they are going to do to make money back from that purchase.

I’ve never invested much time into cloud gaming but I’ve heard Gaikai was the leading one out of the few like OnLive. B/C sounds like it could be possible that way, but of course you have to buy everything again.

#26 1 year ago