Dead Space 3 demo downloaded 2 million times

Monday, 4th February 2013 14:37 GMT By Dave Cook

Dead Space 3 is coming out across Europe this Friday, but it seems gamers simply can’t wait to play it.

EA confirmed today that since launching January 22nd on Xbox Live and PSN, the Dead Space 3 demo has been downloaded 2 million times. The publisher also said that pre-orders for the game are surpassing those for Dead Space 2, but didn’t offer any concrete stats.

The game has come under scrutiny for its embedded use of microtransaction payments to boost crafting resources.

We also reported that the game has 11 pieces of day-one DLC.

What’s your take on the Dead Space 3 demo? Let us know below.

Thanks Gamespot.

1. Karooo

2 million people know how terrible it is.

#1 1 year ago
  2. Noodlemanny

I thought it was pretty good actually. Not great but decent.

#2 1 year ago
  3. Greek God

#1
    xD

#3 1 year ago
  4. SameeR_Fisher

“but it seems gamers simply can’t wait to play it.”

Or they wanted to see if Dead Space 3 is the same as Dead Space used to be or not, and personally I was really disappointed.

It can go either ways :D

#4 1 year ago
  5. ninjanutta

Im playing the full game now on pc and its great,the best yet actually once you get used to the changes…

#5 1 year ago
  6. manamana

I just hope that this business model is DOA and that the game underperforms in terms of sales. Sorry Visceral, you had a great IP but when EA starts the milk-machinery you better runrunrun away.

#6 1 year ago
  7. _LarZen_

And 0 have downloaded the demo on PC…so hundred thousands will download the full game on TPB to test instead.

And end up just playing the entire game instead of buying.

#7 1 year ago
  8. theevilaires

I liked it a lot. The co-op while not new seems like it would be just as if not more fun than RE5. While not a day 1 purchase I’m definitely interested in this game more so than the second.

#8 1 year ago
  9. orakaa

I don’t know if the full game is going to be good or not, but demo was crap. Really. Not only there was No horror (or only a few glimpses here and there) but the heavy action was terrible.
    If you want to mix Gears of Wars and Lost Planet, DON’T keep Dead Space’s control scheme. The two mix horribly and only get frustrating (oh the drill sequence…).

Anyway, I like Dead Space in general for its atmosphere, its horror… I’ll wait for reviews and feedbacks from gamers, but for now, it’s a “no”.

#9 1 year ago