Action-packed Sam Fisher: new Blacklist gameplay

Saturday, 2nd February 2013 16:01 GMT By Sam Clay

Age is not slowing him down. Sam Fisher’s latest Blacklist gameplay reveal shows the Splinter Cell operative in some of his finest action moments yet.

With additional comments from David Footman, the cinematic director, the above gameplay should keep you ticking over until the game’s release. It’s ‘explosive’.

Also: for those, like myself, who like to wiki pretty much every famous person under the sun, you’ll learn that Sam Fisher, who debuted in 2002, is getting on a bit.

Fear not action/super-hero lovers. In our recent care package drop of Splinter Cell: Blacklist gameplay, Mr Fisher is far but frail. He’s flying down zip-lines, breaking necks and jumping at people. What more could you ask for?

Please do note, Sam is a great name.

Splinter Cell: Blacklist is due in August on PC, PS 3 and Xbox 360.

1. Maximum Payne

After they reveal perfectionist mode I could not be more happier for this game.

2. Mike W

Yea man, after the train wreck that splinter conviction was, they can only improve from here.

3. SameeR_Fisher

@Sam Clay: did you get to play the game ?!, I have one important question, Ironside isn’t the voice of Sam Fisher any more, so how is the new voice actor Eric ?!, I read on Kotaku that Sam is not the same any more, also how is the script/dialogues ?!, cause Kotaku also said that geeky guy is so annoying, so what are your thoughts ?!

4. Bomba Luigi

Well, Sam is Benjamin Button, because he really gets younger. Even his Date of Birth was datet back once (can’t quit rember when, somwhere in the Chaos Theory/Double Agent Time I guess)

As for Blacklist, it dosn’t look that bad, they showed now some Stealth Gampelay and all, but it still looks like theres no depth to the Stealth Gameplay. But I can be wrong, maybe it has great Stealth Gameplay, I don’t know. And I guess it will be at least a good Action Game in the Worst Case Szenario.

But the Dismiss of Ironside as Sams Voice is the Point that really keeps my Money back. I have to say Ubi that I will not Accept that by not giving them Money for this Game. Thats the only Way I can make my Point clear.

5. Agt_Pendergast

Maybe I’m a sucker, but I feel cautiously optimistic about this one. No Ironside is definitely a loss, but it looks like they’re bringing back some the gadgets and moves from the older games and adding some new features.

6. Moonwalker1982

Not at all a fan of these automatic action bits where he disables one enemy and shoots the rest of them. While it sounds good that they are making the levels so that they can be played both stealth and action, i don’t believe in this anymore. Such stuff has been said before, same for Hitman: Absolution and we all know how that turned out. There were parts that simply HAD to be done with action. You were forced to.

7. Jerykk

@7: Which parts are you referring to? Off the top of my head, I can think of one forced confrontation (which was more of a slightly interactive cutscene than an actual level). Every other level (except for the tutorial level) can be completed without killing or incapacitating any non-targets, on the highest difficulty no less. You can even do this without wearing any disguises (though it’s incredibly hard to do on a couple of levels).

8. SlayerGT

I think it looks pretty good. I was actually a fan of Conviction. I went in not knowing what to expect but ended up liking it s lot. The take mark and executes I got pretty skilled at incorporating. I started off only using them as “oh shit buttons”. But it got to the point they just felt satisfying to do. I’m happy this one is one on PS3 also.

9. Moonwalker1982

Yeah i do think it’s only one in this video, but i don’t know man. I also really like the dark level, that really reminds me of the older SC games. But the Middle-East level just doesn’t seem fun, i’m rather tired of that setting too. I’m not convinced yet, for me they managed to ruin Ghost Recon Future Soldier as well, god what went wrong there?

10. LuLshuck

@4 so the biggest reason for not wanting to buy this game is because they replaced Ironside? pretty fucking sad tbh

11. Jerykk

@10: I was actually referring to Hitman: Absolution, not Blacklist. I have no idea how viable ghosting will actually be in Blacklist, but it was definitely a viable way to play in Absolution.

12. Bomba Luigi

@11: Ironside=Sam Fisher. The Connection ist just too strong in my Mind. I maybe could accept it when Ubi would have bring up a good Reason for the Shift, but the Reason is so terrible.

Its the Same with MGS. If Kojima would Replace Hayter in Ground Zeroes, I would not buy it. Some Voice Actors are too strong Connected with the Charakter, and changing them with no good Reason is not acceptable in my Opinion.

I have not many Video Game Voice Actors in this High Category. Ironside, Hayter, and… well, Charles Martinet, and thats it. Now the Trio become a Duo.

13. YoungZer0

Charles Martinet? Anybody can do what he does.

14. AmiralPatate

They should have left Splinter Cell alone after what they did with Conviction. Seriously, just leave Sam rest in peace.