Metal Gear Rising: Xbox 360 demo now available to Live Silver members

Friday, 1st February 2013 11:06 GMT By Dave Cook

Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance recently received a demo via Konami and Platinum Games. It launched for Xbox Live Gold Members only, but now it’s available to all non-subscribers as well.

It’s a scant announcement this, but if you’d like to check out the demo for yourself, you can do so over at the Metal Gear Rising Xbox Marketplace hub.

Recently we reported that Metal Gear Rising would receive post-launch mission DLC.

1. Ristas

Isn’t it the rule that Demos are available for Silver Members 1 Week/1 Month (not sure) after they were released for gold members?

2. Hellhound30x

If you’re stuck with the 360, I strongly suggest you get a ps3. PSN rules!

3. mreko3230

I’ve really never understood Mircosoft’s stance on this. If you want people to be interested in you services and your system, why not allow Silver members access to demos at the same time as everyone else. It just puts up an unnecessary barrier that would seem to hurt Mircrosoft’s and developer’s future sales more than it would help it.

4. Butcher8

This demo wasn’t worth the wait, it was horribly frustrating and janky. I hope the finished game does a much better job of explaining itself, I suspect it won’t though and that it will be getting very average review scores on release.

5. theevilaires

^ I agree 100%

6. deathm00n

@4 Please elaborate. Only by the demo it’s so far the best game of this year for me taking demos as examples.

7. theevilaires

^ Are you on crack? that demo was so mediocre man. I had way more fun with the Dead Space 3 demo and Sly 4 demo to be honest.

8. Butcher8

I elaborated here http://www.vg247.com/2013/02/01/metal-gear-rising-final-code-has-easy-assist-mode-semi-auto-parry-option/#comment-442166 .

9. deathm00n

@7 Sorry, those 2 didn’t really made my taste :(

@8 Ok, different tastes then, I myself found the lack of help awesome, today games hold your hands too much. Even after I discovered how to parry it took a good time to master it. I like this kind of challenge. But I agree with you about enemys hitting you off-screen, it’s annoying.

And I’m sure the level wasn’t the first one, and there’s probably going to be a better elaborated tutorial.

10. Butcher8

@9 Yeah I hate hand holding too but as you know Dark Souls didn’t have a demo, in a full game you can pace the games systems and enemies etc so as not to overwhelm the player, but a demo needs to be very understandable as you only play it for 10-20 minutes.

I think it’s very hard to make a good demo honestly and I don’t personally believe Platinum pulled it off, it’s kinda like how alot of great movies have had such poor trailers and been ruined because of it, but also bad movies can have great trailers (not forgetting good trailers/good movie and bad trailers/bad movie), I’m just wondering which one this is and I hope it’s a good game honestly, but I’ll be waiting on reviews now before buying.

11. deathm00n

But after you get to know how to play it’s actually a very good taste of the game I think. The second play of the demo was way better, and the third one was what sold the game for me.

12. Butcher8

Well I haven’t written the game off yet ;)