Nintendo promises ten in-house 3DS titles in the coming year – report

Thursday, 31st January 2013 03:00 GMT By Brenna Hillier

Nintendo president Satoru Iwata has reportedly told investors that the 3DS will see about ten new Nintendo-developed releases over the next year. The news comes courtesy of Nikkei and auto-translate, but should be verified when Nintendo release an English translation of its post-earnings meeting. The report does not mention how many of these games are as yet unannounced, or whether they will be digital releases through the eShop.

Thanks, GoNintendo.

1. lexph3re

Now remember Nintendo Pokemon X and Y doesn’t count as 2 games. And neither does remaking things like Majoras Mask for the 3DS (Yeah, I believe your doing that)

2. Dragon246

@lex,
    10 isnt really difficult. Sony published 30+ games on vita in one year. 10 seems a really puny number in comparison.

3. lexph3re

I know it’s not hard I just want to see them start by making a New Metroid like the other M without the dumb scenario. A Donkey Kong Country that’s got the DK2 type of difficulty and some 3D depth. Maybe even a surprise new Earthbound game. Or a new IP all together in 3rd person shooter form?

4. Dragon246

@lex,
    I agree. Right now I am full with vita, but Fire Emblem is pushing me to buy a 3ds. Unfortunately a 350$ price tag here is preventing me from doing that.

5. lexph3re

See that’s why I got my 3DS about 2 years ago. My wife wanted a portable game device so I bought her that and sprung.

But unbeknownst to her I secretly bought it for myself as well in the event something I wanted eventually comes out.