Killzone: Mercenary – new gameplay footage

Thursday, 31st January 2013 00:04 GMT By Sam Clay

Killzone: Mercenary may have the graphical grunt Vita owners have been waiting for. Forget cinematics and check out the Helghast doing their thing in-game in this new footage.

If this isn’t enough Killzone for you – nothing ever is – then check in with Pat’s impressions of the single-player and multiplayer, or see the new trailer which accompanied the announcement of Killzone: Mercenary’s September release date.

1. Yoshi

“It looks good enough to be playing on the Playstation 3″… Ohhh dear god Sam’s gone blind!

I don’t know if it’s just the video but it definitely doesn’t look as pretty as I’d hope.

#1 1 year ago
  2. monkeygourmet

Brutal Melee!

Swipe swipe :D

#2 1 year ago
  3. Sam Clay

@1 Haha! I’ll eat my words at some point ;) – I do wear glasses. That’ll be my excuse.

#3 1 year ago
  4. HauntaVirus

Looks great actually except for the seemingly non-existent AI.

#4 1 year ago
  5. lexph3re

Hey all demos have to have a dumb ai in the presentations to show off the games mechanics. I remember looking at Halo 4′s AI in the press conferences thinking… Could they be any dumber and scripted?

#5 1 year ago
  6. polygem

squirrel suits….hmmmm. why no killzone chip&chap: donalds liberation. brutal melee included.

#6 1 year ago
  7. BraveArse

Think it looks amazing actually, especially if you keep the vid at a similar size to the vita screen; may actually try and watch some footage on the vita YouTube app to see how it looks there.

My only concern, really, is the size/price ratio. If it’s 6 to 8 hours long with only 6 mp maps, then I’m not sure I could stomach the standard launch price. Launch day for me would be when it drops ten quid.

Edit: also, why is a button press more ” brutal” than a swipe? They’re all just abstract interactions with the interface. To my mind at least a swipe is slightly less removed from the action on screen.

#7 1 year ago
  8. manamana

Looks really great! The AI on the other hand is the usual cannon fodder …

#8 1 year ago