Counter-Strike: Global Offensive has received another new update from the patch-happy types at Valve. We only just reported on a weapon balancing patch that was implemented last week, but this new update nukes the Desert Eagle, and adds a new spectator mode into the mix. You can access it via the ‘Play With Friends’ menu using GOTV.
- Nerfed the Deagle.
- Added a feature to spectate friends games via GOTV.
- In ‘Play With Friends,’ if a friend is on an official matchmaking server the WATCH option will appear next to their name.
- DM immunity changes:
- Default immunity was raised to 10s.
- Moving cancels immunity.
- Fixed dedicated server memory leak.
- Reserved server with connected GOTV spectators will hold reservation after all players disconnected for at least TV delay time to allow spectators to watch the match to the end.
- Added convar sv_hibernate_punt_tv_clients to also punt lingering TV spectators after all players disconnected and at least TV delay time elapsed.
- tv_snapshotrate will now correctly adjust client-side rates automatically for smooth spectating experience.
- Added convar tv_relayradio, 0 = off, 1 = relay team radio commands to GOTV (default value = 0).
- Added convar tv_relaytextchat, 0 = off, 1 = relay “say” chat only, 2 = relay “say” and “say_team” chat to GOTV (default value = 1).
- Team kills and team damage is now preserved for players in competitive games across disconnects and reconnects.
- Fixed a regression in naming of tv_autorecord demo files.
Sometimes we include links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.