Oboro Muramasa to be localised as Muramasa Rebirth

Tuesday, 29th January 2013 23:31 GMT By Brenna Hillier

The new Muramasa game is heading west courtesy of Aksys Games.

Gematsu reports Aksys has confirmed a US release for the Vita title.

Muramasa Oboro, or Muramasa Rebirth as it is now titled is an enhanced re-release of Wii classic Muramasa: The Demon Blade. The Vita version has HD graphics, new controls, DLC, and will be re-localised rather than utilising Ignition’s 2009 translation.

The Vanillaware production has two stories and will include weapon crafting, with a maximum inventory of 108 unique blades.

No release date as yet; Oboro arrives in Japan in March. See it in action.

1. monkeygourmet

Good game for Vita! :)

Will look lovely on the OLED

#1 1 year ago
  2. absolutezero

I hope to God people buy it this time.

Its a fucking fantastic game, stupidly long aswell it just keeps going.

#2 1 year ago
  3. CycloneFox

I loved Odin’s Sphere so much, but when this came out for Wii, I didn’t have a Wii, and later when I had a Wii, there were so many other games. But I will definately get it for the Vita. This is exactly the game I want to play on my Vita.^^

#3 1 year ago
  4. Dragon246

Where the hell in eu announcement?

#4 1 year ago
  5. The_Red

Any chance of PSN / XBLA or even Steam versions? PLEASE!

#5 1 year ago
  6. polygem

great game! played it late, just a few months ago. sweet game. i hope it will sell well too. people need to buy this and the new sly game. telling sony that this is exactly the stuff you want……if that’s the case my fellow playstation gamers.

#6 1 year ago
  7. ManuOtaku

I will join the recomendations for this game, on wii the game was great, now the thing is how they will handle the port, i hope it doesnt turn like the little king story one, which has a lot of issues that hampered the gameplay, now i will say wait for the reviews, not to see the score per se, just to check if there is porting issues that affects the game, like i said great game that deserves a great port, vita owners dont let it pass.

#7 1 year ago