Steam Chart: Chivalry rules roost, Skyrim: Dragonborn pre-orders soar

Monday, 28th January 2013 09:54 GMT By Dave Cook

Steam creator Valve has released its latest chart stats, revealing Chivarly: Medieval Warfare to be top dog. Pre-orders for Skyrim’s latest expansion Dragonborn are also through the roof.

Here’s last week’s chart in full:

1. Chivalry: Medieval Warfare
  2. Skyrim – Dragonborn
  3. Skyrim
  4. ArmA II: Combined Operations
  5. Euro Truck Simulator 2
  6. The Cave
  7. Far Cry 3
  8. DmC Devil May Cry
  9. Call of Duty: Black Ops II
  10. Counter-Strike: Global Offensive

See anything that surprises you in the chart? Euro Truck Simulator 2 for example?

Thanks MCV.

1. Maximum Payne

Chivalry its really fun and unique and made me several LOL moments:D

#1 1 year ago
  2. viralshag

Euro Truck Simulator 2… I’m not even joking when I say I want to try that out. If it drops below £20 I’m gonna buy it.

#2 1 year ago
  3. Kabby

Can’t think of anything more tedious. The popularity baffles me.

#3 1 year ago
  4. PC_PlayBoy

@kabby

The popularity baffles you? Not very bright are you….

#4 1 year ago
  5. Sadismek

@1 It’s fun when you’re able to get in. I struggled half of my play time to find a workable server, and when I did, it was buggy as hell. But I’m a sucker for anything related to swordplay, and boy, this is good!

#5 1 year ago
  6. viralshag

@1 and 5, I played the tutorial and was impressed but whenever I tried to filter the servers it would just go blank and restarting the game didn’t seem to do much.

I had other things to do so didn’t try much but I’m guessing you think this is worth playing? It strikes me as a first person War of the Roses which to me, sounds awesome. I do own Chivalry, just not got around to playing it properly yet.

#6 1 year ago
  7. Sadismek

@6 Give it a try. It is pretty much a War of the Roses FPS, but a bit more on the arcade side of things than WotR. The swordplay is bloody satisfying aswell. And the tutorial is probably one of the best I’ve tried so far :P.

Beware that it’s really buggy, though. Looks more like an Alpha build to me.

#7 1 year ago
  8. DSB

When I tried to play Chivalry the lag made it pretty much impossible. When you’re relying on split second timing, you can’t have people bouncing all over the place.

It was a lot worse than I ever saw in War of the Roses.

The gameplay itself felt a lot like Mount and Blade, which is neat. But they do need to make it run smoother than that.

@2 Demo here: http://www.eurotrucksimulator2.com/

I tried it out myself, but I thought it felt a bit like a cheapo unity game.

#8 1 year ago
  9. viralshag

@7, Cheers, I will definitely try again this week when I get a chance.

@8, Nice one. The breakdown on the store page makes it sound pretty good and the fact it didn’t review badly made me tempted. I will definitely give the demo a go.

WotR is very M&B, based on the tutorial only I thought Chivalry combat was very Oblivion/Skyrim.

#9 1 year ago
  10. Sadismek

@8 Yeah, it’s lag is bad, but War of the Roses was even worse to me. But when you know everyone else has it, you can kinda rest assured that you’re not the only one who’s drawn back by it :D.

#10 1 year ago
  11. viralshag

@10, I thought WotR played fine, lag-wise anyway. I never really had any problems and if I did, it wasn’t hard to find a better server.

#11 1 year ago