Killzone Mercenary looks “Gorgeous”: engine almost the same as KZ3, says report

Monday, 28th January 2013 13:37 GMT By Dave Cook

Killzone Mercenary has featured on the cover of Polish game magazine PSX Extreme, along with some debut game art – see it here. Keen gamers have now translated the article and have stripped it for news.

Gamers over on NeoGAF have mined the above feature and have unearthed a few nuggets of information.

First, is that the game is said to run on an engine that is almost identical to that of Killzone 3, developer Guerilla Game’s last outing for the franchise. New ‘gimmicks’ have been added to get the most out of the PS Vita’s touch controls, hence the slight engine shift.

The piece calls Killzone: Mercenary “Gorgeous” and states that it boasts crisp textures, impressive draw distances and ‘awesome’ character models.

Finally, they state that the game is essentially portable Killzone 3, looks better than Uncharted: The Golden Abyss and runs stably even with a lot of combat kicking off in the games wide areas.

Bear in mind the folly of translations however, and don’t treat these as iron clad facts until we get confirmation from Sony. Meanwhile, speculate away below.

Thanks Examiner.

1. theevilaires

My vita is starving for this game. Day 1 buy for me. These portal games are the reason I buy a portable powerhouse like the Vita over a 3DS. I want brilliant gorgeous graphics on my OLED screen.

2. Dragon246

@Tea,

3. KrazyKraut

Day 1!

4. polygem

i just want awesome games. all that counts for me. after the ultrabad resistance BS, i am sceptical about this one. hope it will be good though, i loved killzone liberation.
    hopefully sony wont continue to trash their awesome ip’s.

5. woe

I remember some blind reviewers ranting on about Uncharted for the PS Vita looking almost the same as the PS3, so i will be waiting to for Digital Foundry to dissect this game before falling for the media hype like last time.

6. Deacon

Nah… I’m kind of in the camp that thinks traditional FPS games are totally wasted on a handheld. That is unless they can substantially alter or enhance the experience somehow (no, not a few touchscreen death moves).
    I just don’t see how this would be preferable over playing KZ on your big screen.

Great for those who love FPS but don’t HAVE a main console, but certainly not for me. I don’t see how those nubs would offer even HALF the sensitivity and accuracy of a standard controller.

It doesn’t take games like this to see how much better the Vita tech is than the 3DS, imo. In fact screw the tech – the 3DS is the more attractive console right now – period. I love my Vita, but if it weren’t for Persona 4 I wouldn’t have touched it these last few weeks. 3DS is where the games at. One handheld FPS isn’t going to swing the scales by any great deal, imo.

Admittedly, it does look great. Just not for me I guess.

7. BraveArse

Digital Foundry – the ultimate resource in missing the point imo.

8. absolutezero

Well said Brave. Jesus Christ you guys sound like viral marketing bots.

“I want brilliant gorgeous graphics on my OLED screen.”

Really? Did you even read that before you posted it? REALLY?

9. lexph3re

I honestly don’t see why so many are against handheld fps’s and make it seem like you have to choose between console or portable fps’s. Why can’t you have both?

10. theevilaires

@ Deacon you’ve never actually held a Vita in your hands have you? ;) Doesn’t matter what kind of game you’re playing on the Vita. Its just the magic of that lovely 5″ OLED screen with those crisp eye popping graphics. From the moment you turn it on your eyes will be in an orgasmic trance.

When I see the Headline KZ Mercenary engine is the same as KZ3 on Vita all that I can imagine is the game in my in my hands and this song playing in my head as I press start past the loading screen… http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EbVA6vcas1o

The Vita isn’t even 1 year old yet and already its matching the PS3? ….and they say Nintendo means gaming Heaven :P

11. theevilaires

Hey Lex I remember when people’s main excuse for not buying the PSP was because it didn’t have a second analog for FPS….Its SONY man ;) Damned if you do…damned if you don’t.

12. ps3fanboy

THIS!… first day buy easy!

13. absolutezero

Why are you pretending that FPS on handhelds are new?

Theres a whole bunch on the original DS. Dementium, Moon and Metroid Hunters. They all work perfectly well.

Shhhh though this is all about console quality games on a handheld as evidenced by Resistance and CoD on the Vita being about the same quality as Turning Point on the PS3.

14. polygem

@8: that´s exactly what i don´t understand. the uber tech, cell processor, best graphics, best tech, we´re the best bs that many (not all!) sony “fans” don´t get tired off…all they do with that is giving their beloved company bad rep. many sony guys are an absolute turn off…just look at the ign ´beyond´ (sigh) comments section. hells gates opening right in front of you. the prototype of the narrow minded, style over substance “gamer”.
    those people don´t love gaming.

15. lexph3re

SHHHHH Metoid hunters on DS does not work very well.lol I was originally in love with it till I bought it. just no

16. polygem

“Doesn’t matter what kind of game you’re playing on the Vita. Its just the magic of that lovely 5″ OLED screen with those crisp eye popping graphics. From the moment you turn it on your eyes will be in an orgasmic trance.”

i had one…i can assure you. it´s a great screen, the rest of this post is just a lie.

17. polygem

didn´t like hunters much either.

18. absolutezero

Its a better FPS than all of the supposed “Console Quality” titles released on the Vita thus far.

19. lexph3re

And the Nintendo fans that scream Vitas dead because a pokemon game is releaseing isn’t a turn of? Actually…. Why are you feeling turned on by the sweet lustrous words of the gaming eco system?

20. DrDamn

Hopefully they get the game structure right. Seems like the reveal trailer indicated they might have. A full blown cinematic story just won’t work on a handheld for me. Nice flexible little mission structure with co-op and I could be interested.

21. lexph3re

Noooooo it wasn’t have you played that thing online? Atleast the others are stable.lol

22. absolutezero

Yes because the stability of the netcode is entirely indicative of the quality of the gameplay.

Resistence might have a constant stable connection but when the game itself is fucking terrible, who the fuck cares?

Also I guess you never had friends to play locally with. I figured as much.

23. Deacon

@TEA – nah man I freaking love my Vita! I’ve never seen such a lovely screen on a device. Sine Mora blew my tits right off. But let’s not all start sucking each others dicks just yet though eh?

I simply don’t see the appeal in a handheld FPS – perhaps because it’s a genre I don’t particularly invest in these days.

Do you guys think this’ll impact Vita sales considerably? It seems to have a few of you reaching for your wallets already, but do you think it’ll sell consoles/bundles?

Is this (one of) the killer app(s) Vita’s been waiting for??

24. Dragon246

Played Unit 13? Its awesome.

Vita Owners, wait for goodness this week, Tearaway will also have a reveal this week on blog.

25. lexph3re

AGAIN NO! The Gameplay wasn’t solid either. The game is a hot mess, where people knock the Resistance and CoD game I know they never played MPH at all. I tried to dedicate myself to that game and it’s one of the delusional moments in my life thinking it was even remotely good

26. DrDamn

Vita needs a price cut much more than it needs a killer app. It’s actually got a reasonable select of games and different price points imo. Needs to price cut to shift the volumes and get support.

27. ManuOtaku

I think so far the games i do own on my vita didnt achive the ps3 level graphics wise, and i dont mind it really, at the end of the day the games look great nontheless, having said that i more concern with the console experience on a handheld, right now i will say i have a great time with dokuro, escape plan and persona 4, but with uncharted not so much, i find it really difficult to controll the game without a controller like a gamepad, is not the same experience for me, i mean playing the console titles, and the vita one, i think in some cases can work, but in shooters not so much, being third or first person, is really tricky and a hard thing to do, and lets not talk about multiplaer FPS on handhelds, even nintendo have mixed results in this area, with metroid hunters and kid icarus, hunters being really good and kid icarus being a nightmare for hand cramps and not that good imho.

As for the 3DS vs Vita graphics, i find both pretty equal, the 3D effect really gives something to the graphics on the 3DS, adding to the nice colour palete nintendo is known for, i cannot explain but for me the 3D effect is so pleasing to the eyes it gives an extra value to the grapchis, that i found it on the same level as the vita, which is a powerhouse on its own, uncharted looked great, but not as the ps3 counterparts, though.

28. lexph3re

also, please don’t interpret my social life off of one example I give you. It makes you seem desperate for an insult without validity.

29. DrDamn

Yeah, Unit 13 didn’t get enough credit for the overall design which really suited a hand held platform.

30. Dragon246

@Deacon,
    I play all the genres except fighting. Vita is awesome, the best handheld for fighting games, but I just cant get myself to learn to combos.
    In fact, I generally like shooters more on handhelds, so its right up my alley.
    P4G, SS,Tearaway, KX, man vita has awesome games coming up, whatever non-owners say.

@DrDamn,
    I agree, only price cut can increase vita sales. Vita has more than enough awesome games in 1 year, now it needs a price cut asap.

31. absolutezero

You “dedicated” yourself to a handheld spin-off title?

ok. So lets say I agree that Hunters was flawed. That still does not take away from the fact that both Dimentium games and Moon are FPS titles running on a handheld.

Also saying “Its bad because I say its bad” does not in fact make something bad. :(

Pleas do not interpret my insult as being desperate when it was quite obviously a slight dig in the ribs and not at all an over-arching damnation on your social skills.

I am an owner, I’ve had one since launch. The last Vita game I bought was Virtue’s Last Reward because I played 999 on my DS. I also own a DS and a 3DS and regularly play on those aswell. I can see faults and I can see strengths. Its amazing.

32. theevilaires

@ Deacon I was just joking with you I know you have a Vita. Also to answer your question about impacting Vita sales…I don’t care if it does or not. All I care about is enjoying “my Vita” and that this game will be worth every penny I pay for on day 1. I could care less how many units it moves. SONY made the Vita for guys like me and guys like me will buy it. How they sell the Vita to guys like you are up to them and yours.

On launch day I will be one of the proud owners of Vita to support this game company by purchasing this game they made for guys like me. Thats all that matters. Enjoy catching your pokemon sir :P

33. Ireland Michael

OLED isn’t even close to the highest quality display of its type. Its a nice screen no doubt, but its far from state of the art. Countless smart devices and tablets have display with higher resolutions and deeper colour levels than the Vita is capable of.

The Vita isn’t even close to being capable of PS3 level graphics, and any claim as such is pure hyperbole. Not that good graphics make a good game anyway, so it’s entirely irrelevant. It wouldn’t be so bad if the Killzone franchise wasn’t utterly dreadful to begin with. It’s about as inspired as Resistance is.

34. Deacon

@Manu – I’m with you there mate. Uncharted Vita failed for me (and it CERTAINLY didn’t look anywhere NEAR as nice as it’s console siblings). Didn’t feel right, and I too found it hard to control. I’m sure I could get used to it, and FPS too over time. Considering however that most people will be wanting to play these FPS games online, how many are actually going to be sitting in their bedroom / lounge where they could be using a TV and full controller? (which I’m sure we can all agree provides a better experience?)

I don’t know anyone who bought a 3G Vita, so I’m assuming they’re the minority. FPS games don’t seem like a great game-type for playing on the bus or outside in the park (providing your 3G or phone tethering can take the strain) due to lighting, jerking around, and the competitive nature of it all.

I’m not saying we shouldn’t bother with handheld FPS when we’ve got consoles, I just don’t think they play to the devices strengths.

35. ManuOtaku

#34 deacon “I just don’t think they play to the devices strengths”.
    that line exactly reflects my feelings in this matter, and i agree with the rest of your post man.

#33 please erthazus leave that body, give michel back ;)

36. theevilaires

This article is full of pure awesomeness but notice the ones who have to come in and (try to) shit on this glorious news. Its sad when one poster shows his excitement for a game with so much potential others have to come in and (try to) knock the ladder over.

When I’m doing a brutal melee kill I’ll think of some of you in here ;)

37. Deacon

Lol@Manu… good one :)

@Michael – uninspired, sure. We’re not exactly drowning in originality these days are we. I think ‘utterly dreadful’ is waaaay too harsh.

38. Erthazus

Wooow! Look at that! Sony is making a game for the Vita and it’s a first person shooter that is based on one of the crappiest franchises ever with shitty graphics in which PS3 fanboys thought it looked amazing back then (which in reality not. A shitty looking game with a lot of post processing and HDR lightning.)

Good job Sony on spending money on something that no one will buy anyway, except for Sony fanboys.

Will this thing sell more then Resistance: Burning POS?

39. lexph3re

@31 Hey I didn’t interrupt you were finished. And, It’s not just because “I say it’s bad it’s bad” The game was just bad. And, yes I did because at the time I thought it was a great concept spin-off or not.

I also didn’t comment on those 2 games because I didn’t play them. I don’t ridicule games I never played. That’s just apart of my ethical practices. So, yeah I didn’t say anything on them. They could have been fantastic just, they could’ve been like that FPS on psp that was mediocre.

I also have a 3DS and I just can’t say the device is amazing like others, my taste is just far to different. The 3DS games I would buy I won’t do at full retail because they are remakes of classics. and the full on 3DS library that are original is bare boned. MK7 didn’t feel like a complete package on handheld or even console. I don’t play Mario Games but even if I did I would’ve bought a DS one and felt the same satisfaction as the 3DS one.

This year is a much better year for 3DS with me and that only warrants 3 games FE:A, CoS:MoF, and Project X zone.

I also can’t advertise for a system that the most must have games are on the actually on the cheaper predecessor.

@Micheal I think they always say console/ps3 like because they can’t compare it to the competitors without advertising them. Honestly, I feel like the Vita is a 360 on the go with PS exclusives.

Publishers will say what they have to say. We just have to interpret it to what maybe what they really want to say.

40. Dragon246

@Manu, Deacon,
    What kind of games would you like on vita? I would kill for the Ys and ff type-0 localisation and ff10 on vita. Vita is just perfect for lengthy jrpgs like p4g, disgaea and others. A unit 13 style game is also perfect for a handheld imo.

@Michael,
    You have to remember those phones cost more than double of vita without sub and games on them look like apeshit with horrendous controls.

Also, Dokuro coming to eu!!!

41. polygem

“Killzone franchise wasn’t utterly dreadful to begin with. It’s about as inspired as Resistance is”

i think both franchises are solid fps games. BUT i love resistance for it´s gameplay. it´s ultrasmooth and slick. resistance 2, to me, is almost flawless, one of the few games this gen that have been almost flawless in the gameplay department- it´s all smooth, a joy to play through the game. every weapon is just fun to shoot.

golden abyss: same here. was an ok but boring game with clumsy controls. was very disappointed by it. forced myself to finish it.

unit 13 : good game, hated the setting. deeply.

42. Ireland Michael

@37 Okay… mostly dreadful? It’s not as bad as Resistance.

It certainly isn’t up there with Sony’s best stuff – LBP, Uncharted, Motorstorm, etc.

@41 The first Resistance was the worst. What a horrendous slug of a game. They were kinda starting to get somewhere with the third one, but it was still dull and uninspired mediocrity.

That seems to be Sony’s thing. They always end up with something either really amazing or utterly terrible. It’s never just “really good”.

43. theevilaires

@40 retards have no understanding of value…..which is why they prefer 360 over PS3 basically ;)

“The first Resistance was the worst. What a horrendous slug of a game”.

^ All the proof you need :D
    No lag, huge 20vs20 maps, fresh new weapons not seen in a FPS on a new born gaming (supposedly) inferior network.

44. Erthazus

Actually Killzone as a franchise back then had huge potential, but Sony and Guerrilla or whateverThatStudioIsThatNoOneCaresAbout failed to make it a good game.

I remember their Shellshock Num game. It was the worst POS.

then they made:

Killzone 1 was a shitty PS2 shooter
    Killzone 2 had huge PR that failed and in the end game was linear shooter with shitty post processing effects, without decent storyline. Multiplayer although was nice.
    Killzone 3 – Call Of Duty in Space

Basically, Sony failed with that “Dreadful franchise” and I see no reason to fund more on this POS.

45. DrDamn

@Poly
    RE: Unit 13
    Yeah they could have done a lot more going outside the boundaries of modern military shooter.

46. ManuOtaku

#40 dragon, i like dokuro a lot, also escape plan and persona 4, especially persona 4 golden is tha boom, alongside with mario sticker stars are my favorites handhelds games this year, i will get sound shapes and gravity rush too, those are on my ally, i mean those created for vita with a handheld mindset, although persona is a console game, i know that, but is an RPG, which in my eyes is more suited to handheld rather than shooters in general, for the reasons stated above.
    p.s also i want to try unit 13, but iam on the fence since is a shooter.

47. Deacon

@Michael. Better ;)

@Dragon – Absolutely all of those games you mention! RPG’s work beautifully. I’d love to see more action adventure like God Eater 2 / Soul Sacrifice (just not Uncharted with it’s shooting and platforming that does everything for you).
    More 2D games like Rayman / SoundShapes / Mutant Blob. More games using the gyroscopics like Gravity Rush – such a brilliant use of the tech in that game.

A twin-stick shooter like Dead Nation wouldn’t go amiss. Especially with some cool MP modes and network features.

@Manu – I think I love P4G more than my own mother right now.

48. polygem

ni no kuni would be great on the vita. combat just screams touch screen…

@45: yep. the gameplay design and shooting mechanics worked great. i am sure we´ll see a great game with similar mechanics on the vita at some point.

“@40 retards have no understanding of value…..which is why they prefer 360 over PS3 basically ”

not so sure who you´re talking about, but i prefer the ps3 when there will be ascension on it, the wiiu when there´s rayman legends, the 3ds when there´s castlevania and the vita……well that thing is sold and wont come back, it just makes no sense to me. sorry.

49. killersense

@polygem
    “many sony guys are an absolute turn off…just look at the ign ´beyond´ (sigh) comments section. hells gates opening right in front of you. the prototype of the narrow minded, style over substance “gamer”.
    those people don´t love gaming.”
    maybe you should look at a mirror. the guy that comes in almost every nintendo game article and posts i am buying this day one. wii u is the best console and the game pad is so damn good. 3ds is the best handheld out there and list every game coming out and saying i am buying them all day one….

now it may very well be true and you do love Nintendo and their games so damn much but lets not turn around and call people that are doing the same with PlayStation related games calling them narrow minded and pick style over substance. people have different tastes?

50. polygem

huh…did you read this thread even. what i said about resistance? man i love what i love and hate what i hate…nothing to do with platforms. how often do i have to repeat that? can´t you guys read?

51. theevilaires

@48 If I say retard and generally don’t direct it at anyone its usually addressed for O’Connor. Just saying ;)

52. Erthazus

Ni No Kuni Vita btw would be excellent though.

53. killersense

did u even read what i quoted? you know the stuff that you said earlier in the thread?

54. Gadzooks!

Sony are the very definition of style over substance: Cutscenes first and foremost, visuals second and finally slap in some QTE’s or really long corridors to make the ‘games’ ‘playable’.

Nintendo are the opposite: Gameplay first, visuals to fit. As it should ALWAYS be.

55. killersense

@erthazus killzone sells well and makes money for them. it has a hardcore following. why should they not fund it anymore? the game is not for me. i do not like it. i did like resistance though especially the third one was fun to play

56. Ireland Michael

@54 Troll post?

Sony has plenty of games with substance over style. I mean… seriously, come on… LittleBigPlanet, for crying out load!

57. Dragon246

Same old hater trying to turn this into slugfest like no. 54.

58. polygem

@killesense: sure i did read it. i was talking about people praising shit just because it´s their favourite platform, while saying everything else sucks…well that´s something i´ve never ever done. sure, i love many nintendo games, so what? i am a haloholic and a jak,daxter, ratchet, sly medievil fan too.
    but i am repeating myself here….sigh

59. Sadismek

@56 YES! LBP is ace :D!

60. Erthazus

@55, WRONG. Killzone does not sell very well compared to other Sony hits.

vgchartz just for lulz. But,

http://www.strategyinformer.com/news/11292/killzone-3-sales-disappointing – FACT.

61. theevilaires

Wow O’connor your stupid post actually did me some good for a chance. I almost forgot LBP karting is only $10 in the PS Store this week. Time to take advantage of that website purchasing option to have it downloaded automatically when I get home.

62. Ireland Michael

Unfortunately, LBP-Karting is garbage.

63. lexph3re

how is 2.4 million a failure? I don’t understand

64. polygem

@ killersense:

i was just taking a leak…you know what? i have a “selfmade” Journey poster in my bathroom.it´s a poster of a sanddune and an ocean. sunset. footsteps on the dune. cheesy thing. i printed out the Journey guy. cutted it out and sticked him on top of the dune…now that poster is just awesome…just saying.

65. Erthazus

@63, “http://digitalbattle.com/2010/02/20/top-10-most-expensive-video-game-budgets-ever/”

it’s on 10th as the most expensive video game budget. In this console generation 2 million from AAA title is not really a good seller.

Look at Gears Of War 2-3 – 5 million, Uncharted sales – 5 million or 6. Metal Gear Solid 4, Halo’s and other AAA titles.

66. lexph3re

Well by that chart if it did cost 45 million. Then they made close to 100million on KZ3. Even if you consider the possibility that they did a price drop after making profit they still made the cost of development back plus. Making it a success.

Sure you would like games to do upper 5-10 million but that doesn’t equal failure if it doesn’t make it that marker. Most of our beloved titles in the old days never saw figures like these they still succeeded

67. killersense

@polygem maybe you need to be more clear when posting nonsense like that. saying that with no context and you expect people read through ign comments sections to figure out what exactly you are implying? for every ps3 fanboy you see that posts stuff they love their platform and everything else sucks i can find a nintendo fanboy that does the same so i don’t see your point of singling out one side of fanboys? i am not even saying you don’t like the ps3 or aome of its games so idk why you are trying to defend yourself. and i am just pointing out the flaw in your post and saying stuff like style over substance.

68. lexph3re

@67 lol That!

69. killersense

@erthazus i never said it did gangbusters did i? i said it did well and made them money. do you see articles that say killzone lost money for them>? surely sony are not THAT dumb to be green lighting more killzone projects if it is losing them money? they are not afraid of closing studios that lose them money from witnessing the closures in the past 2 years. companies struggle to sell 2.5 millions copies on multiple platforms so it is not bad to sell close to a million copies at full retail price and the rest discounted or when the price fell.

70. polygem

@67: i like the ps3 but i hate the community. when it comes to ignorance the sonybots are winning the cup hands down. just my 2 cents. unbiased as can be. never was a platform fanboy at all.

EDIT:

“you expect people read through ign comments sections to figure out what exactly you are implying?”

man, just read other pages, other forums, embrace the sony fan. you´ll be ashamed. what i posted there about ign is general knowlege though – i thought. BEYOND!

@68: lol That!

71. lexph3re

I don’t think you realized he’s not talking about the community. It is solely directed at a common contradiction you are just know to do. I didn’t think you would understand what he was saying too though. That you would again redirect it away from yourself.lol

72. polygem

see

73. polygem

not

74. polygem

no…i did read it again lex…he just didn´t get my point, did he? i was talking about the community. no contradictions in my posting. just misinterpreted by da killer…but yeah why not just lol that.

75. monkeygourmet

LBP is actual a good example of pretty awful gameplay.

The platforming in that game is a joke. Even the design elements were hampered by having to use the pad.

Vita one sounds much better in that respect but still an average playing game.

I remember when I first saw Little Big Planet, I was like:

‘Wow, Sony finally have a contender for Mario on it’s platform…’

Then I played it…

76. monkeygourmet

@ Topic:

This game looks good but should have come out near launch, this should be the announcement of a sequel.

I just can’t seeing this doing that well OR shifting any units atall. Also, this game wasn’t even that popular as a franchise in Japan, thats where Sony needs to do the most legwork.

The Vita has dual sticks, but after playing Uncharted I found it doesn’t suit itself that well too action games. Maybe it was just me and my manly hands, but playing it for longer than 15 minutes gave me serious cramp. Stupid placement of the sticks (right one should have been lowered) and the trigger buttons were really shitty.

If i ever get one again, I will have to buy some kind of docking station. My hands simply aren’t ‘dainty’ enough for it to be comfortable.

77. Gadzooks!

Yep, LBP looks lovely, is charming, quirky. Ticked all the boxes visually.

It plays like shit though.

78. lexph3re

lol and now Killer knows why I steer away from you.

79. killersense

@polygem there you go with nonsense again. where are you getting the stats to say one fanbase is winning the cup hands down ign comments? lmao. here let me try this. nintendo fanboys are the worst hands down and then add just my 2 cents like you….

believe it or not you are a nintendo fanboy and you probably don’t even realize it. the way you praise the wii u and the 3ds you will find it hard to convince anybody you are not. i am only saying this is because you have nothing negative to say about nintendo. everything they do is magic!! i like sony and some of their exclusives but i hate the constant updates and installs and hope for a better experience next time? can you point out something you don’t like about the wii u or 3ds? i hope you can because i surely can

80. DrDamn

Having played the majority of both there is a hell of a lot more invention, innovation and fun in LBP Vita than NSMBWU.

81. Dragon246

Stop feeding the trolls.

82. Gadzooks!

Unfortunately NSMBWU is creatively completely bankrupt. Weakest of the WiiU launch titles by far, IMO.

83. killersense

@dragon
    actually at this point you are right. i give up.

84. DrDamn

I wasn’t the one to bring up Mario in a Vita thread whilst claiming LBP wasn’t very good though was I :). LBP Vita is the best of the series, works very well on a handheld and in it’s own right (not just in comparison with a fairly shoddy Mario) is a very good game.

85. polygem

@ killer: we had this debate. i posted several things i don´t like about nintendo. please don´t make me look for all this again. i said i think the quality of the 3ds xl is rubbish, that the screen isn´t as crisp, that the absence of VC on wiiu is BS, that you have to boot into wiimode to play wii games isn´t that great, that wii games aren´t playable on the pad stinks AND SO ON. yes, i think nintendo does a lot of things right and yes i don´t think it´s a flaw that the 3ds only has one analog stick and not as many “mature” games than other platforms.
    i also praised the 360 pad and ranted about the ads on xbl. i praised resistance right here and at the same time said that i think many, no, a lot of the sony fans are annoying, which is a shame because count me in, i´m a fan of sony games as well. so what´s the problem? seriously. i don´t get it.

“nintendo fanboys are the worst hands down and then add just my 2 cents like you….”

sure you can say that if that´s your 2 cents. i feel very different about all that though. miiverse community is just awesome really.

@ lex again: remember. one day. i tried to have a conversation with you. i tried to hold back and be nice. you spoiled it. how old are you again? but whatever. let´s just lol at each other if that´s your style. but talking about “contradictions”…this lol posting isn´t exactly “steering away” from me man lol. lol

86. theevilaires

Wow are non SONY fans still arguing about how much they rather catch pokemon than play this gorgeous game? I’m mean seriously why so much debate over a Vita game that we all know was going to turn out to be superb anyway. Its KillZone duhhhhhhhh.

87. polygem

see?

88. lexph3re

Aye you haven’t tried to have a convo with me at all. Not once actually.

And last I checked. I was being nice, told you I wouldn’t call you out anymore. In which I didn’t Killer did. I just thought it was ironic that you keep getting the same flack from more new and old people yet I still only get crap from the “defense forces?”

I lol’d a lot at the things you guys pawn off as staying on topic. Like I said before it is what it is and I am still doing a good job not talking to you about games and you opinion.

Killer has that one

89. polygem

yea, i hear you, you just ´lol side punch comment´ like the rest of the backstab bunch and let others do the work for you. i get that. loveley and manly style…so while tea is talking about pokemons (a game i never was into btw): you are seeing yourself as the trainer and killer as the pokemon right?

90. Gekidami

Does “Nintendo Magic” give you a persecution complex?

91. lexph3re

Nope, I just think irony is funny. Honestly, that’s all.

For instance If I started running around forecasting doom and gloom it would be funny if someone called me out on it. Would be great to laugh at myself

92. fihar

How the hell did you guys go from KZ Mercenary to this?

Anyway, I’m actually pretty baffled by this news.
    A portable KZ3 is not what I want. Why in the world would I play a portable KZ3 when I already have KZ3? While I’m not actually fond of Liberation, I thought it worked well as a handheld game.
    Sony really should stop treating the Vita as a portable PS3.

93. polygem

lex laughing at himself. that´s something i will have to see with my own eyes first to believe it.

@92: oh happened like always. i said something negative about sony (or in this case sony fans). boom. here we go again…

i also said a lot of positive things though. but that doesn´t matter. i said something bad. nasty me. and the thing is: i am even responsible for this mess now. the irony: that was exactly what i was trying to say about sony fans to begin with :)

94. monkeygourmet

I did say the Vita one looks better.

The first 2 from a control aspect were awful however.

If it still controls like shit on the Vita, that would be a shame because the touch screen really helps this game become what it was always intended to be IMO.

Same reason I think Nintendo should (but won’t) add a level creation system for smash brothers U, it would work really well with the tablet.

@Killer

Nintendo fanboys have always been the same for the Sega vs. SNES days, usually (not always) focussing on gameplay.

A good example was Sonic vs. Marioworld, entirely subjective obviously but a lot of people argued that Sonic was a better title.

Now, preferences aside, it’s pretty obvious the gameplay in most Sonic titles is pretty shitty compared to the tight control you see in most Mario games.

Obviously you get some nutters in there, but hopefully most talk about gameplay, something Nintendo obviously does well.

Sony changed the dynamic slightly by focusing on the teenage boy (FHM) crowd, and, unfortunately since then the waters have been muddied.

You end up with idiots talking about TEH CELL and Bluray being awesome for gaming. The same kind of people who thought tomb raider was better than Mario 64.

Regardless of your chosen console, I have no time for people that fall into that category, I think Poly is roughly in the same frame of mind.

95. OlderGamer

Same old shit, new day.

96. monkeygourmet

Tea, you raved about Killzone 3 before I got my PS3. So much so it was one of the first titles I bought, but, dude…

It wasn’t a great game… :/

Nice eye candy but gameplay was seriously lacking, and the characters were all a bit dooshy! ;)

97. Ireland Michael

@95 Indeed.

98. monkeygourmet

Its a new day?! Why didn’t anyone tell me?! ;)

99. polygem

it´s all there, microsoft, sony and donkey kong

100. monkeygourmet

Lol, that has everything in it! :)

101. Eddie Rodrigues

I’m starting to think Gadzooks and Erthazus are he same person.

ANYWHO CHAMPS, if the multiplayer is as great looking as KZ3 and the singleplayer story actually has an ending, then I will proudly grab this. If not… well… ermmm… Vita will get other games.

102. Erthazus

“I’m starting to think Gadzooks and Erthazus are he same person.”

Ahahaha. :D
    Sorry, Nope. I’m not an Xbox and Halo fanboy. Sorry for disappointment.

103. ManuOtaku

That means he will share the nintendo magic to sony, is doomsday for nintendo :(

104. Eddie Rodrigues

@Erthazus oh… my mistake…

105. monkeygourmet

Are you still upset it didn’t come out on PC before Xbawks?

106. Eddie Rodrigues

@105 one day we shall see decent Halo game for PC, I hope so since my 360 is almost dead

107. polygem

@103, 105 :)

@106: well bungies destiny is coming to pc as well or not? not so sure about that but i believe ps3 version has been confirmed…think pc too.

would make sense.

i think that´s great news for pc and ps3 gamers.

108. Eddie Rodrigues

@107 whoa whoa whoa whoa, slow down there, mate, not in a bazillion years MS would let their platinum mine go to the PS3. Also Bungie won’t make Halo games anymore, just 343 I’m affraid(though, what an EXCELLENT job they did).

Now where did you heard that info?

109. Gekidami

^ You do know that Bungie arent owned by MS anymore, right?

110. polygem

yea bungie is going multiplat. insomniac too. halo and ratchet stay where they are because the ip´s belong to ms/sony BUT new ip´s from those great devs are going multiplat though. fantastic stuff.

111. PC_PlayBoy

People still buying this overrated console IP. Killzone games were nothing more than mediocre crap.

112. Da Man

Ertharage isn’t GZ.

GZ is a sensible person and a good contributor, Erthamess is an insane student from Latvia living off their parents money.

113. manamana

One can almost feel how Eddie’s world collapses…

Heads up mate, Bungie is still upon us and will soon deliver the goods!

114. Gadzooks!

#112

Hey, I resent that! Never been called sensible before. To actually see it in print.. It stings man, it stings.