Dead Space 3 launch trailer is go, watch it here

Monday, 28th January 2013 08:41 GMT By Dave Cook

Dead Space 3 has received a launch trailer entitled ‘Take Down the Terror’. Visceral Games’ horror-shooter launches across the US February 5th, Australia February 7th and Europe a day after. Check out the clip after the cut.

Let us know what you think below. Meanwhile Visceral has defended its decision to laden the game’s crafting mechanic with micro-payment options. See the furore unfold here.

Thanks AGB.

1. Telepathic.Geometry

They seem to be giving off the same heroic action vibe as DS 2, but actually, I don’t mind. I’ve been playing through DS 2 again before the third one comes out, and it’s actually a lot better than I remembered. The variety in the necros, and the environments and the weapons is [i]just[/i] enough to justify its existence, and there are a few nice set-pieces…

#1 1 year ago
  2. polygem

well….game´s not for me i guess. i thought dead space one was just an ok game. haven´t played 2 yet, so skipping this one as well makes sense to me. but that´s alright, there are tons of releases in the near future for ps3, 3ds and wiiu.

should i try dead space 2 first at some point?
    thing is, i really like aliens. while i am not the biggest fan of scifi-horror movies, i am a fan of the horror movie genre in general…dead space just didn´t click. it was ok but i also found it quite boring. forced myself to finsih it.

music in the trailer: WTF

#2 1 year ago
  3. Edo

Also:“We need to make sure we’re expanding our audience.There are action game fans, and survival horror game fans, who are 19 and 20, and they’ve only played games on their smartphones, and micro-transactions are to them a standard part of gaming. It’s a different generation. So if we’re going to bring those people into our world, let’s speak their language, but let’s not alienate our fans at the same time.”
    Dead Space 3 producer John Calhoun

#3 1 year ago
  4. manamana

broaden the audience means ruining an IP this gen.

#4 1 year ago
  5. A2ra3l

If Phil Collins endorses this game then it must be played :P

But seriously I think it looks pretty good, I’m not too worried about the direction the series is going, I am hooked on the story and history behind the marker and want to see what happens next. The only part about DS2 that I didn’t like was the seriously cheap last level where the enemies are just being thrown at you in a seemingly never ending gauntlet.

Maybe it’s just me but I gave up shooting at them and ran to the end. The rest of the game was great but it was like they got to the end and ran out of ideas to make it interesting so they try to make it harder in the cheapest way possible, “swarm attack, I choose you” The one thing I hate most in games these days is the swarm-attack-to-add-difficulty, I don’t mind QTEs when used properly but swarms are so cheap (yes HALO, I am looking at your “flood” levels among countless other games with a similar approach to a quick difficulty fix) they just edge out capcoms idea of putting a bag on a zombies head and making it almost invincible, let’s call it the potato sack of almost invincibiltity, since it has an eye hole cut out that happens to be it’s weak spot, god help us if a zombie ever decides it doesn’t need to see anyway.

#5 1 year ago
  6. orakaa

I tested the demo last week… oh boy… the first few minutes are good (snow, atmosphere, tension), but then it’s a disaster.

I felt like I was playing Lost Planet or Gears of Wars… but with the clumsy controls of Dead Space. Seriously, the horror part is almost gone, only present on a few moments (in the demo)… and the game seems more action-oriented than DS2.

Now having a more action-oriented game COULD please some (new) people, but keeping DS control scheme doesn’t work at all and is frustrating. The whole “drill” sequence was a nightmare: not because it is hard, but because it is frustrating and not pleasant at all (felt like I was playing Mario without the possibility to jump).

I know it was “just” a demo, and might not be representative of the whole game, but I went from “interested” to “no for now, and I’ll wait for reviews” and it was quite close to a “no, thanks”.

#6 1 year ago
  7. a_my

I just pre-ordered Dead Space 3 at http://www.go2arena.com/dead-space.html . I hope it’ll be as good as it seems on trailers!

#7 1 year ago
  8. Moonwalker1982

I believe the demo of the first one was also like that, lots of action. Not a good indication of the full game at all. I have faith that the game itself contains enough horror.

Also is it just me or is this a ‘In the air tonight’ cover that i’m hearing? Doesn’t sound exactly like Phil Collins.

#8 1 year ago
  9. orakaa

@8 : I know it is just a demo, but it REALLY turned me off for now.

As I said above, the final game may be different (if so, what’s the point of the demo then?), but I’ll wait for reviews and gamers’ feedback before deciding on this one.

#9 1 year ago
  10. Wezzulus

The demo was indeed poorly chosen. If you look up the newer gameplay walktrough on this old ship, that shows off classic Dead Space. f they only made a co-op demo of that. They would have reassured old fans and also showed how the co-op works.

However with that said, this demo was hapter 8 of the main game. That there is more action in later parts of the game is only normal.

#10 1 year ago
  11. absolutezero

Was this trailer actually meant to be a joke?

Should I feel bad for laughing all the way through it? From live action Issac to fucking rock Phil Collins covers.

#11 1 year ago