Neo Geo X Gold Limited Edition: new stock hitting Europe soon

Friday, 25th January 2013 12:41 GMT By Dave Cook

Neo Geo X Gold Limited Edition was rumoured to be discontinued following its initial run. To clarify, this is the version of the console that comes with Ninja Masters, not the standard edition, which is still on sale. However, stockist Funstock has revealed that more units are making their way to Europe.

Eurogamer posted an update from Funstock this morning, revealing that the units are inbound at some point, and that interested gamers can pre-order their hardware now. Just head over to the Funstock page to place your order.

The console comes with several games pre-loaded as well as a bonus Ninja Masters card. I covered all of the games included in the bundle in my report here. Check it out, and let us know what you think of the deal.

1. absolutezero

I kinda love mine to be honest. It has a gloriously clicky stick.

I just hope that they can keep a steady stream of game cards coming out on the website as its not going to last long. Well I suppose it is a Metal Slug portable at the moment.

2. OlderGamer

Didn’t your come with 20games preloaded AZ?

3. absolutezero

Oh yeah heres what comes pre-loaded on the portable when it arrives :

It has a Micro SD slot located on the side though, the Ninja Masters is SD card with the front cover on it. I wonder if it will be able to play some Neo Geo CD titles. I hope so.

What I actually meant was that I just tend to end up just playing Metal Slug over and over because I love it to bits. Everything else has kinda been shoved aside, can’t wait till the rest of the series begins to come out.

4. stevenhiggster

I still don’t get why anyone would get this when most of the games are available on PSP which can be bought for peanuts? And Metal Slug anthology has been out for years on PSP.

5. FabioPal

@1 Would you recommend it? I’m SO tempted to buy one….

6. OlderGamer

I want one too, but wife will prolly shoot me if I got it. Esp scince I have and have had alot of these games on various platforms already. Including a AES, but I ebayed that awhile back.