Dragon’s Dogma: Dark Arisen EU and US release dates confirmed, new details listed

Wednesday, 23rd January 2013 13:07 GMT By Dave Cook

Dragon’s Dogma: Dark Arisen is the expansion to Capcom’s action-RPG hybrid, and release dates for both Europe and America have just been revealed, along with more updates.

In a note sent to VG247, Capcom confirmed that the expansion is hitting PS3 and Xbox 360 across American on April 23rd, and Europe April 26th. It will launch at €29.99/£19.99 as a digital and physical release, adding a huge new area, more missions, extra enemies and all of the original game’s content.

We’ve also just published a gallery of new screens and the Dragon’s Dogma: Dark Arisen packshot. Check it out here.

The expansion synopsis reads, “Just off the Gransys mainland is the cursed Bitterblack Isle and it is here that gamers will discover an underground realm, complete with new terrifying foes to face and incredible treasure to find as they embark on an all new quest.”

Capcom confirms that players will be able to transfer their save to Dark Arisen, and that characters will unlock new high-level skills and earn new weapons and armour. Upon buying the expansion, players will also receive 100,000 Rift Crystals, unlimited Ferrystones and the “Gransys Armour Pack”, which includes six brand new costumes.

Here’s a breakdown of new features:

• A massive new underground realm to explore featuring over 25 terrifying new enemies
  • More skills/equipment/augments:
  • Level 3 Skills
  • DD:DA provides each character class with a new tier of skills, giving players new devastating abilities and skills to master
  • Over 100 pieces of new equipment
  • All new high level weapons and armor sets for players venturing into the underground caverns.
  • 14 new character/Pawn augments
  • New tiers of equipment enhancement
  • Increased character customisation options
  • Item appraisal
  • Option to select Japanese voice over

1. Hunam

Does the physical include the original game like in Japan?

2. Dave Cook

@1 “It will launch at €29.99/£19.99 as a digital and physical release, adding a huge new area, more missions, extra enemies and all of the original game’s content.”

3. friendlydave

@1 I think so, I thought this was more of a re-release of the original game with extra content than it is an expansion.

*Edit* What Dave said above^

4. deathm00n

I was going to get the original, now I will wait for this edition.

By “all of the original game’s content” they mean I will also get the DLCs of the original?

5. CyberMarco

So this is the most complete edition of the game, with previous and new DLC included in the disc I suppose…?

6. DeyDoDoughDontDeyDough

But get this: You pay the same moneys whether you own the original Dragon’s Dogma or not – how’s that fair?

7. Ristas

Unlimited Ferrystones?! Holy hell, yes! That means free fast-travelling \o/

8. Samoan Spider

Hmm, no excuse for me not picking this up if the original is in there too. I don’t remember why I didn’t buy it the first time around though =( but kinda glad I didn’t.

9. Hunam

Thanks Dave. Had a bit of a read fail there :P

Going to get this upon release. Heard a lot about the first (I mean it did well in our GOTY awards) so it would be foolish to pass this up.

10. orakaa

Thought that it would be an expansion/DLC but looks like you’ll have to buy the full package.
    Oh well, price is reasonable and I loved the game so much that I’ll gladly take this “full version”.

11. KrazyKraut

nice…sometimes it pays to wait a little bit longer^^

12. CyberMarco

^ I would like to add that 9/10 it pays out to wait 6 months/1 year before buying a game.

13. Clupula

So, basically, they just screwed everyone who owned the original? Sure am glad I didn’t buy it. This sounds like it should’ve been a DLC expansion.

14. Deacon

I bought this just a week ago :( loving it, but hope I can get this extra content without buying the bloody thing again.

Unlimited Ferrystones = Eeeaasymode. They did a good thing by not including a (free) fast-travel. That completely fucked Skyrim for me (that and the generally broken mechanics).

15. Noodlemanny

@Deacon
    You say that now but when you’ve run the same fucking path twenty times over it gets rather tedious.
    And anyway you can only ferry stone to certain places and you can get a hold of a couple of extra placeable teleport zones so its not like you can freely teleport everywhere anyway.
    Also skyrim is much MUCH more open than DD with basically unlimited ways of getting to one place. DD is much more linear in that respect so you can only go to a particular place once or twice before you’ve walked all the different ways to get there. So from then on its just extreme repetition.
    Its bloody annoying to walk half ways across the map just to complete one little side-quest and get practically fuck all in ways of rewards.
    Not that I’m ranting at all… I like DD.
    Although I didn’t complete it.
    Ran out of things to do (or what I could find anyway) and yet somehow ended up far too low a level to actually kill the dragon sooooo… That sucked.
    I swear I did every single quest I could find but those bastard lizards in the caves before the dragon are damned difficult to take down. Let alone the actual dragon.