PS Vita is Japan’s most-desired console, says Famitsu poll

Tuesday, 22nd January 2013 10:36 GMT By Dave Cook

Japan is going ape for PS Vita, according to a reader’s survey carried out by Japanese gaming rag Famitsu. Make of the below results what you will.

1. PS Vita – 64%
2, 3DS – 48%
3. Wii U – 34%
4. PS3 – 25%
5. PC – 14%
6. Xbox 360 – 11%
7. Smartphone – 10%
8. PSP – 10%
9. Wii – 9%
10. iPad – 7%
11. DSi / DSiXL – 5%
12. iPhone – 5%
13. iPod Touch – 4%
14. Other – 2%

As this is a reader’s poll only, don’t take the results as any clear indication of fact for the whole of Japan. It’s a rather big country in terms of population density.

The results, sourced by CVG, suggest that PS Vita leads the poll because not that many users own one yet. More telling is the trailing suite of Apple devices at the bottom of the survey.

What do you think the results suggest? Let us know below.

1. Deacon

:sigh: If only it had an Apple logo on it and some shitty hipster marketing campaign… Sony would be RICH again.

Polls like this hint that over time, the Vita should enjoy PSP-like success in Japan. That’s the main reason I’m glad I have one. I am hopeful…

2. DrDamn

I think the result suggest what Vita most needs in Japan is a sizeable price cut.

3. Dragon246

@1 and 2,
    Complete agree.

Hipster campaign incoming!

4. Greek God

Vita is a great device hope it succeeds
    come on Xseed bring dat Ys game to the west

5. Erthazus

It is most desired console because everyone already has 3DS.

6. manamana

price cut mandatory! Has nothing to do with a “hipster marketing campaign”, or the wrong logo. 64% already *know* what they want – they just can’t afford it.

7. matirishhh

They all wait for Monster Hunter 4 on VITA, once it’s been released….SONY will finally start making money

8. Deacon

Over here though (UK), I’m amazed at how many people don’t even know what it is! These are non-gamers admittedly, but still. EVERYONE knows what a fucking Nintendo DS is, so Sony should’ve really pushed it more at launch (see my original hipster campaign comment).

Obviously a price-drop is key, but that’s not the only thing that will save it. I hate to keep referring to Apple, but people DO buy overpriced tech for the ‘prestige’. Sony need a way to tap into that, and/or a completely new marketing direction.

@ Erth – lol, nice ;)

9. Erthazus

@7, Why should they? They have 3DS that will have Monster Hunter 4.

10. ps3fanboy

In Japan if you go to a store that is selling the Vita it will have filled shelves with games and extras to buy. You come to an European store there is 10 games or less and for extra there is the bag and screen protection…

When Europeans shops that bad, it is no strange the Vita do badly. But for those that do get the Vita, they will have an awesome experience and a very good handheld for gaming.

11. manamana

@8 & 10 … and what has it got to do with the topic? Famitsu (a gamers mag) did a poll! It has nothing to do with shitty marketing nor with empty european shelves. They already know, that a Vita is out. They are just waiting. And Its Sony’s job to find out *why* they didn’t bought it in the first place!

12. Deacon

@11 – well your comment had nothing to do with the topic in that case! Relax man! The article makes no comment on WHY those 64% haven’t bought one yet. It could be a bunch of reasons other than cost.

13. Clupula

Hmmm…I think this goes into my theory that the biggest thing holding the Vita back is the price. It was pretty much accepted by everyone that the Vita was going to destroy the 3DS, up until Nintendo made the brilliant move of cutting the price to a ridiculous level. That was all they needed to do to take out the legs from the Vita.

Everything about it looked better than the 3DS but with a price that low, how could anyone choose to pay an extra $100-something for it?

If Sony lowers the cost, it will pick up like crazy. But until they do, they can enjoy being the low man on the sales front.

14. Deacon

@13 yeah, true. It still sort of baffles me that the 3DS has done those numbers whilst the Vita is crawling.

A quick Amazon UK search sees the 3DS XL @ £165.00, and the Vita Wifi @ £217.00. That’s a mere £50 extra for something that is frankly light years ahead tech-wise. Now I don’t know how these figures translate to Japan or the US, but it’s really not that big a gap. I know that games obviously factor in too, but there’s gotta be more to it than price alone…

Comparing it to the 3DS (games library aside) I think it’s a bloody good deal!

15. Psychotext

In a similar Famitsu survey some years back…

1. Kingdom Hearts 2 (PS2, Square Enix) – 471 voices
    2. Xbox 360 – 370 voices
    3. Nintendo DS – 205 voices
    4. Tales the Abyss (PS2, Namco) – 201 voices
    5. Rogue Galaxy (PS2, Sony) – 172 voices
    6. Mario Kart DS (NDS, Nintendo) – 150 voices
    7. Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection – 111 voices
    8. Biohazard 4 (PS2, Capcom) – 103 voices
    9. Animal Crossing: Wild World (NDS, Nintendo) – 92 voices
    10. Finally Fantasy IV Advance (GBA, Square Enix) – 36 voices

I’d suggest not giving too much heed to any numbers coming out of there. :)

16. Da Man

Dickon, poor burning soul wrong as usual with his noisy PC and clunky Windows.

Too much turn based battles and poorly written cutscenes.

Nobody needs this useless, overpriced iPod. Most people don’t even play videogames, thus need a responsive, quality smartphone more than a pointless toy. You hardcore patients will never be able to grasp the concept.

17. matirishhh

@9 well VITA have 2 analogue sticks and better resolution. It will be easier to jump from PSP to VITA then to 3DS

18. manamana

@14 Could be the backwards compability of a whole DS catalogue, where Vita has … nothing.

EDIT: btw. I couldn’t find the poll. Does anybody know how many people actually took action?

19. DrDamn

If you never had a PSP or rarely used one there is a wealth of cheap and good PSP titles to download from PSN onto your Vita.

20. Digital Bamboo

#14 Not sure about Japan either, but in Korea the VITA is $40 more than you listed (memory cards are an additional $35-135), while the 3DS’s are the same price, making that gap somewhat wider.

21. manamana

@19 I still have my PSP – and that’s quite frankly what disappoints me the most – I can not use my library of games on the Vita. There is still no way to play them. And I am not talking about some downloaded ISOs…

EDIT: whilst on my 3DSXL I (and my wife) can play all the DS games, I have on my shelf.

22. Deacon

@15 – haha.. point taken.

With handhelds holding so much of the Japanese gamers attention, you’ve got to wonder what it’ll take for people to start shifting over to the Vita – especially when companies are still releasing PSP games and the PSP itself is still moving decent numbers.

Price, sure. But more than that I think it needs two or three really killer games. Games like P4G (if only it weren’t a port!). Get FFX-HD on there asap. Ensure ALL PSP games are compatible and supported. Provide some incentive for the devs producing great PSP games to move over onto Vita.
    I couldn’t care less for lazy western cash-ins like Black Ops Declassified, and don’t even think Uncharted belongs on a handheld. That game was just boring, though I think that’s just my taste.

Rambling on a bit now eh… :P my bad

23. lexph3re

@20 Because phone gaming is overly expensive in it’s own right. You spend 100-600 for the phone and a phone bill that runs anywhere between 50-130 bucks a month? Honestly, I stopped playing games on phones pretty much for that alone.

Sure it was convenient at first but now it’s pretty much a WTH was I thinking spending that much on a phone,console, rent, insurances, and food? To play what? games that look like they are browser games? Pass

24. absolutezero

I actually think Soul Sacrifice is going to do really quite well when it comes out in Japan.

25. DrDamn

I’ve got a copy of Uncharted(Vita) sitting on my PS3 ready to install (PS+ sub). Not got much inclination to do it yet though. Feel the same way, Uncharted is a TV experience – it doesn’t sit so well on a handheld.

“Can’t see many people choosing either over a smart phone TBH, if my students gaming habits are anything to go by.”

I think there is somewhat of a demographic thing there. 3DS is better suited and targeted at a younger demographic who don’t necessarily have the smart phone option.

26. Da Man

I just can’t wait for this thing to be canned, really aside from the deprived nerds and 12 years olds who on Earth would choose this overpriced media player with two analog sticks over a stylish, responsive iPad, let alone any of the top smartphones?

To play what, same pretentious tech demos you can run on PS3? Some of the best looking games for smartphones easily look better than most of the Vita rubbish.

27. lexph3re

@Deacon Uncharted GA was pretty boring. I started having more fun though when they brought Sully back in

28. Clupula

@15 – That poll is more than a few years back. Considering that KINGDOM HEARTS 2 (!) is the most wanted game, you’re talking about the days before the PS3 was even announced! And if you remember, the 360 did sell a little bit in Japan when it had the exclusive JRPG’s. It wasn’t until they started getting ported to the PS3 that the 360 tanked over there.

29. DrDamn

Awwww, did nobody bite first time round?

30. Da Man

^You have to ask your overly passionate Sony friends that question.

I just wish I could outperform #1. But then the one with the bills is easily just as good.

31. DrDamn

Yeah initially MS made quite an effort to woo the Japanese market. Stuff like Blue Dragon and Lost Odyssey with Mistwalker.

32. Clupula

@31 – Yeah, it was before the media decided just to discredit Japan as much as possible.

33. Da Man

Actually, come to think of it 12 years olds are already covered with the 3ds, since it’s universally appealing.. Hence that leaves Vita with the deprived crowd.. Not that great looking indeed.

34. OlderGamer

What a joke.

Trust me, if they all wanted one, they would all buy one.

If someone asked 1000 people if they would like a BMW or an Audi, and the winner was a BMW…it wouldn’t mean anything. Not like people would would suddenly buy a BMW. There are reasons that everyone doesn’t have one.

Is Vita nice? Sure, would I buy one? Nope.

Drastic price cut and more games that interest me, then we will talk. I bet JPN feels the same way. The only thing this might show is how badly Sony has handled the Vita.

35. manamana

@24 Hmm, could be. Its not bad after all.

36. DrDamn

@OG
    “Not like people would would suddenly buy a BMW. There are reasons that everyone doesn’t have one.”

Like price and errr …

37. Da Man

An overpriced iPod clone wannabe (minus iTunes), overpriced software and basically a bunch of PS3 ports.

Not even the usual advertising campaign feat VP of bs and Kaz could save this failure. Even with all the lies and smoke and mirrors (remember, this is the company which tried convincing you that PS2 is faster than the original Xbox..) it’s agonizing death is inevitable.

38. manamana

The Vita is a great piece of hardware. I was an early adopter and sold mine early on, due to lack of games on the horizon. And still, one year later there is only Soul Sacrifice that attracts me. I think it all comes down to lack of original games. Great games sell hardware – it was and ever will be like that. Pricecut could help, though.

39. Deacon

Soul Sacrifice should definitely boost sales, but Vita needs more than just one game on the horizon… and there just isn’t enough in the pipeline imo.

I agree OG. These ‘desirability’ lists mean nothing. On the other hand though at least it shows (on however small a scale) that it IS desirable. People do want one, there are just barriers to them taking the plunge (price & software).

If this gen has taught us anything it’s that no hardware release is a sprint. Obviously the handheld market is subject to somewhat different rules, but with the next Playstation around the corner and a slowly building library of games (some of which are truly brilliant) I’m pretty confident that things will be looking up in a year or 18 months.

If I’m wrong I’ll eat all the shit you can throw at me, including you DM (worth a mention for all the hard work you’ve put into this thread).

I honestly thought the 3DS was gonna tank. So did quite a lot of others on here.

I’d still dissuade people from buying one now (Vita that is), but I can see it becoming the go-to place for a lot of Japanese devs over the coming years. Which is great for those of us who tire of the same old Western gaming tropes.

40. Clupula

Hmmm…you know, it occurs to me that when the PS3 was doing poorly, Sony pulled out all the stops to try to get people to buy one. Yet, when the Vita is doing poorly, they don’t seem too concerned. In fact, they seem almost lazy about it.

I wonder if it has something to do with the Vita being part of their overall PS4 strategy and they aren’t putting the real effort into pushing the system because it’s not time for it yet.

41. DrDamn

Pipeline needs sales. I think at this stage if there is still desire then price is the major factor. At launch you can think about promise of what will come, a year later you know what’s there and if you still have the desire then the biggest obstacle is cost. With Vita this isn’t just initial cost but ongoing/additional cost too. Memory cards etc.

42. Clupula

@39 – Dude, when you’ve got a dog that’s constantly shitting on the rug to get your attention, you don’t give it a treat.

43. Da Man

I certainly don’t need any attention from barely articulate old men playing Tales of games..

44. DrDamn

I think this could be linked to finances. At which point do they think “we can’t afford to drop the price” becomes “we can’t afford not to”. They can be quite stubborn about these things despite good evidence to the contrary on how well it worked out for Nintendo.

45. manamana

@Deacon agreed. Especially considering developement costs for next-gen consoles will be huge. And some developers will still hold on to buttons and analog sticks, confronted to touch only. But they won’t put money and effort in, when the install base is as small as of now.

46. deathm00n

Please, someone give attention to Da Man, he must be crying right now because you are ignoring him.

Now on topic: for me the price is the deal breaker. It’s becoming more cheaper here in brazil, because it launched at the price of 600 usd, games are a festival of taxes here. It always looks like they make the price they want. Since I already have PS+, I would enjoy the vita with the free games

47. Clupula

What he needs is a rolled up newspaper on the nose.

48. DLTDawnlight

That’s impressive especially when Vita didn’t get a Monster Hunter game yet.

49. deathm00n

@48 But it’s coming, and Japan love Monster Hunter, I guess the sales could increase when it releases

50. Da Man

Here come the deprived.

Please, refrain from replying to me 40 year old Tales fan.

51. Deacon

I know the games issue is difficult because without the userbase, no decent dev (unless paid handsomely) is going to want to touch the thing.
    It’s a hard sell really, but, comparing the cost to other devices (iDevices, smartphones, full size consoles) I still think it’s great value. Great value as an avid gamer at least. Clearly the average Joe disagrees, or simply doesn’t see the benefit over their shitty time-sink smartphone games.

It’s an enthusiasts machine, no doubt. Which means it may NEVER sell as much as Sony would like. And who knows, it MAY have all support pulled in a couple of years time. It’ll be a sad day if that ever happens. With Sony one thing’s for sure – fucking anything could happen.

52. OlderGamer

I spent some time with a friends, and really liked it. Nice graphics and and lots of features. Toss in PSN+ and it is very tempting. But it costs 245usd here. I know I want a 3DSxl because of the games line up on it, but it costs 200usd. Needless to say I don’t own either. For me to bite on a handheld it needs to be 150usd or less.

If I was in JPN it would likly be a choice between 3DS and Vita(because they have such a handheld focus). Alot of gamers prolly feel they have to pick one.

Price is everything. You can make the best _____(fill in the blank) but if your competitor offers something close for a better price, most people will prolly go with that. It is a pattern Sony seems to be in as of late. Look at the new PS4, I think they will do the same thing. Beat the XBox on power but prolly not on price.

Vita lost right out of the gate with price. A low price bring in users and games follow the users.

If Sony can offer the system for 150usd to maybe 200usd(with pack ins), that should help. But I doubt it will ever be more then a distance second.

53. deathm00n

Ok, it’s of my nature to ignore people with superiority complex (also know as troll).

And by the way I’m 19 and never played Tales.

Moving on.

54. Da Man

#53, the line referring to you was the other one ;)

I hardly need any complexes to note that Vita is a poor machine.

55. deathm00n

@51 And there’s the problem IMO, the console makers where used to charge absurd prices from their consoles and know that people would still buy it if they were really into gaming. But now you can have games anywhere, like you said, people are now playing in their smartphones, I play in a smartphone (I have a cheap one because I’m “deprived” you see) but since I’m a game enthusiastic I have my eyes on Vita. That’s why I think the PSP/3DS sold so much, we didn’t have mobile game everywhere.

56. Dragon246

@OG
    I agree, these polls mean nothing, but I don’t want to hear that from you who just a few months ago defended wiiu pricing and adored it for topping a times magazine list, which was equally ridiculous.

57. OlderGamer

Ofc you don’t Dragon, you hate Nintendo lol.

I do think Nintendo has the WiiU price at a good spot for launch. I expect it to drop pretty fast in the spring. But for dedicated early adaptors like me, I wasn’t unhappy with it. Same could be said for early Vita buyers. But to sustain long term sales you can’t sell these things at premium prices.

Take advantage of early adopters and buzz out of gate, lower price shortly after. But you can’t create hardware that you can’t afford to sell(at lower prices). You just can’t lose money anymore on hardware.

58. theevilaires

Its sad because the Vita is worth the money. The 3G model is bullshit and I don’t recommend that one because if you have an unlimited plan with your cell phone provider you can wifi tether with ease. The wifi only model is worth $250 though. Unfortunately tablets and smart phones are serious competitors against it and the Vita is heavily lacking behind these devices when it comes to a lot of things.

I hope SONY can slim it down more and drop the price soon so it can sell more units because its amazing playing games.

59. Dragon246

Now on vita, there are quite a few reasons why sony isn’t taking any corrective measures right now-
    1.Financial situation. Sony isn’t in pink of health right now, so they will avoid taking any necessary/unnecessary losses.
    2.Vita biz in itself is definitely profitable. And digital sales are REALLY HEALTHY.
    Now I did some asking on official ps blog and found some good answers. In Nov, out of top 10 psn games, 6 of them were from vita. And in Dec, 3 vita games were in top 10 list (probably because of ps3 winter game sale). Those are really good figures for just a fraction of the userbase.
    I think Sony knows that vita is not doing well (pretty terrible imo), but as its a marathon, not a race, I expect them to do something this year.
    Ninty fantastically one-upped sony with price cut, which I reckon no one guessed as 3ds would have been dead at 250$.
    Now, there are many games lined up for vita in japan, with some awesome exclusives for west too, but games wont cut it anymore. They need that price cut asap.

@57,
    Ofc you don’t OG, you hate Sony lol.
    At least you wont hear double standards from others.

‘Oldergamer – It (WIIU) even won a poll on a popular magazine.”
    A few months later….
    OlderGamer- What a joke.
    Trust me, if they all wanted one (vita) , they would all buy one.

Cant you really see your own folly?

60. manamana

@OG I think, as of now, you need to be a hardcore Vita fan, to keep it or to buy it for P4G and the upcoming SS. WipEout is nice. Sine Mora is great on a handheld (still a port). And that’s about it. Nothing on the horizon and Sony need to push things forward. Somebody here stated that Sony may have a PS4/Vita ace up their sleeves…

Until then it’s shitty marketing of an expensive handheld with mostly unknown IPs and no killer-title.

61. manamana

@Dragon Check this out and tell me how *healthy* the Vita games are doing.

62. Dragon246

@61,
    If you cant read my comment properly then fine. I said digital, and with proof too.

63. DrDamn

Does Media Create also count digital sales? Because that is what he is saying is healthy. Don’t really agree with him, but your link doesn’t counter his point unless it does.

64. OlderGamer

Dragon, I think you are reaching.

When I posted that it (WiiU) was on Times list at number two most wanted xmass gift, that was in response to guys like you claiming that no one wanted/liked the WiiU. Clealry that isn’t the case. Also, the system has sold fairly well at launch.

Secondly JPN is a handheld dominated market. There are two new choices for dedicated handheld gaming devices. Excluding tablets and Phones there is Vita and 3DS. Between those two, 3DS dramaticly outsells Vita. My point was simply that if JPN had actualy wanted to buy Vita, they would have been making that choice.

In the case of the Vita no one is saying(well, almost no one lol – there is DM)(But I am not saying) that Vita stinks. I never said it sucks and that is why it isn’t selling. That, btw, can’t be said about what you say about the WiiU. And why must every thread in which I post be responded to by you with the words Nintendo or WiiU?

I think most folks accept the trouble with Vita was the price. If the price of Vita was the same as the price of 3DS, I bet Vita sales would be fantastic. But Sony always try and sell luxury ticket iteams in an economy ticket market. It seems to be a trend, and looking at PS4 speculation, they might just do it again. Ofc speculation is just that and shouldn’t be taken too seriously. Actualy, lol, none of it should be taken too seriously. Just video games after all.

65. DrDamn

@OG
    Why do you think they are continuing the trend with PS4? You keep on with the new machines from MS & Sony are going to be expensive but actually the spec point to good power with price/budget very much in mind. What is your evidence for expecting them to be expensive?

66. OlderGamer

Well Doc, I don’t know what the final prices will be. None of us do. But I do have a feeling that MS will sell its new system for less then Sony can afford to sell their new system. I also think that 400usd to 600usd is likly. Multi skus etc etc.

What I don’t know, but wonder about is if a 400usd+ system will sell beyond dedicated fans? I don’t think the masses will support that price point. I am expecting a very slow adoption rate for all next gen systems. And mostly because of price points. I suspect a lot of people will stick with their PS3s and XB360s. Maybe they make the jump after a year or two, but maybe they move on to tablets or PCs instead. Like everything price matters the most.

Start asking your more causal friends what they think about a 400usd/500usd new system. Even my dedicated gamer friends have told me they aren’t biting.

67. DrDamn

@OG
    You haven’t given any response as to *why* though – apart from a “feeling”.
    People including yourself have expressed a feeling that the leap in performance isn’t going to be that great either – so again why would they be so expensive?

68. Dragon246

@OG
    Gimme a link where I said no one wants wiiu. I thought ninty will meet its initial targets, but not sell out as some of your esteemed friends said and they lost the bet.
    @DrDamn
    Isn’t top 6 good for a device that sold just 3 m units then? I asked this to the blog manager, so info is 100% trustworthy.

69. DrDamn

@Dragon246
    Possibly but without actual sales figure then position in a top ten isn’t conclusive.

70. OlderGamer

Why won’t they Doc? Turn it around. There is nothing to go on for either side of the fence. Beyond having a feeling. I can ask you this when was the last time a system launched with a lower then expected price?

If Ford could somehow, tomorrow figure out a way to make a new car for half the cost of their current cars, would they lower the cost of that car? Nope. The idea is to sell the systems for as much as the market will support. Do you really believe that a new system will launch for less then 400usd?

I doubt it.

I think at most MS will have two skus one stripped down for 350usd and one Deluxe for 400usd(at the lowest on both systems could be higher). I think Sony comes in at 450 base and 500usd premium. I will be absolutly blown away if either company can put out a new system for 300usd or less.

Plus we know MS is planning on a Xbox branded mutli media device release before the full blown nxtbx. That will prolly release for 200usd.

Do I have anything more then a feeling to go on at this point? Not really, does anyone? But I think if you look at history, you can understand why I doubt we are seing anything less then 400usd.

71. OlderGamer

Dragon, i am so sick of agreuing with you day in and day out over Nintendo. I get it, you hate Nintendo. Prolly because they out sell your beloved Sony. Your a smart guy, a decent guy, don’t make me add you to the list of posters I have to ignore.

Not everything is about Nintendo. Let it go.

72. Joe Musashi

“Plus we know MS is planning..”

No we don’t. We don’t actually know anything. We know rumours. And leaks. And speculation. There are zero facts to be known at this time. Neither Sony nor Microsoft have even acknowledged the existence of successors to their current platforms. People are taking guesswork, adding opinion, and running with it. And, boy, are they running hard.

Based on the facts at hand, you might as well be talking about who will win between Batman and Superman.

JM

73. OlderGamer

Really JM? Do I need a link on this one? MS have already stated they plan to release a Multi Media Lite system.

74. DrDamn

Why not? Because history says they don’t sell above a particular price point. There is a sweet spot that people are happy to pay and in the UK that sweet spot is £250-£300. When ever a console has launched over that price there have been problems.

“I can ask you this when was the last time a system launched with a lower then expected price?”

Xbox 360 – UK launch price was £230 & £280. It did very well at those prices.

75. OlderGamer

There might be a difference in monitary systems Doc I am speaking in USD. I don’t know what the current exchange rates are. My xbox360 purchase price was 300usd for the arcade one(the HDD ones, 350usd, were sold out). My price for the PS3 was 600usd.

What I am suggesting is that the new xbox will retail for 50usd higher on both skus then the xb360 did. I think the PS4 will retail for 100usd to 150usd ish less then the PS3 did.

76. DrDamn

@OG
    Yeah that’s what it worked out. So in US terms I can’t see the PS4 or NextBox launching without a usable system available at ~$400.

77. OlderGamer

Yeah basicly. And again, just a feeling at this point, like you said.

78. Christopher Jack

@72, Depends on what you mean, currently Batman is more popular but superman would kick his arse in a fight without kryptonite. We all truly know that goku is the real winner of that fight- even when he’s not participating, his awesomeness level of over 9000!!! dictates that he’ll win regardless.

-Nerdism Over.

79. Joe Musashi

@73 Links can mean very little. #34 shows us that people will happily dismiss information that doesn’t suit their personal view or ‘feeling’.

Additionally, my comment above was not referring to that single instance of ‘what we know’. People are excited and passionate, yes. But they’re guessing all the way at the moment. They don’t run corporations or multi-million dollar R&D projects. Passion and excitement doesn’t make their words any more factual or their views any less partisan.

JM

80. DrDamn

What is it about PS4 speculation which makes it more likely?

81. Dragon246

I am also sick of your double standards, only coming to other articles to say, ‘ninty won and moved on, winner is decided’. I get it you hate Sony, since they destroyed ninty dominance and dominated for 2 successive gens, 1st to do so. You have probably played tons of games more than me, so don’t make me add to the list of people on my ignore list.
    Not everything is about Sony, let it go.

Just a perspective, but you are right too.

82. OlderGamer

That is all and nice JM, but I never claimed it did. Never claimed I knew something others don’t. And never claimed that I was right. I was only expressing my thoughts on it.

83. OlderGamer

Dragon I am not a Nintendo loyalist man. I just own and play their games. The same way I own and play Sega, MS, Capcom, Namco, Sony, EA, Acti…you name it. They make good games that I enjoy. So I buy their system/games.

I don’t blindly support them while shunning all else, how sad would that be?

84. Joe Musashi

@82 You alluded to supposed ‘facts’ to substantiate your view. People do it all the time. The facts to opinion ratio is about 1:1000 at present. Which is fine. But there’s a lot of assertion going on when really all there really is to work with is opinion and vapour. Its like this every hardware cycle. All over the internet.

We’re all guilty of it. You included.

JM

85. OlderGamer

JM it is a fact that MS have a multimedia Xbox device that they are working on.

86. Dragon246

OG, I am not Sony loyalist man. I play the best games of all systems, espcially jrpgs.
    I don’t blindly support them while shunning all else, how sad would that be?

87. Joe Musashi

Given they have yet to acknowledge a successor to the 360 I’m more inclined to believe that it’s a fact that it’s been rumoured that someone has speculated it.

JM

88. OlderGamer

lol Dragon? That is like “I know you, but what am I” gradschool stuff copy cat stuff. Next you will be telling me your dog could beat up my dog.

89. Dragon246

lol OG? That is like “I know you, but what am I” gradschool stuff copy cat stuff. Next you will be telling me your dog could beat up my dog.
    Thanks for commenting for both of us :)

90. polygem

just put him on the list already og. he has some good moments from time to time but most of the time it´s like talking to a teenager.

91. polygem

my dog is definitley faster than your dog tho og…it´s a sighthound.

92. Dragon246

And so the official nintendog with “seal of quality” around here has arrives…….
    OG, no hard feelings, see you next time.

93. polygem

woof woof

94. friendlydave

I’m buying a Vita this month. Every little helps, right?

Also I tend to take what Famitsu say with a pinch of salt.

95. Christopher Jack

@91, depends if the race is endurance or sprint. Grey hounds, while quickest, don’t run very far. You’d find that herding & sled dogs & especially wolves will win over long distances.

@Dragon, grow up please, all I ever see you doing is harassing Nintendo fans, you’re not much better than Da “Man” right now.

96. polygem

@91: mine is an old fart anyway…but she was fast as hell when she was younger…it´s a galgo espanol…not the fastest sighthound there is…

97. OlderGamer

My dog is a ShiZu(Sp?) Weighs about 7 lbps soaking wet. But she is quick as lightening. Poor cats!

98. Dragon246

@CJ,
    See the”how can next gen succeed “thread and then talk. Also unlike you, I don’t wish to ” swift kick in butt’ anyone who doesn’t personally attack me.
    Grow up and stop whining please about the troll on every thread. Why don’t complain about him if he irritates you so much.
    Read that thread definitely and tell me your opinions.

99. theevilaires

@ 94 I’d hold out for about another month. Vita will be a year old then and may get a price cut. If you can’t wait or don’t care then its still worth the $250. I don’t recommend the 3G version. I have that version but refuse to use AT&T milking rates. If you have an unlimited plan for your smart phone just wifi tether and you’ll get decent to good speeds to use the other online features.

100. monkeygourmet

Vita was the wrong product at the wrong time.

To cool for us mere gamers, but aimed at hipsters.

To bad hipsters don’t have any money left to buy one after getting sailor jerry tattoos, and ironically the ones that can can’t fit the Vita in their skinny jeans because the dual analog sticks stick in their thigh.

101. ariessiren

yep its gonna do very well just like psp did. psp took awhile also to get going. its an awesome system.

102. Christopher Jack

@101, I disagree. I find the opposite true. If the hipsters were biting then its sales would be much better. Only a very small demographic of mostly core gamers would get a vita- namely those who are after a true gaming experience on the go but find iOS, Android & the 3DS lacking.

103. friendlydave

As long as I can get it for less than £200 I don’t mind. Few places have it on sale at the moment too.

“If you have an unlimited plan for your smart phone just wifi tether and you’ll get decent to good speeds to use the other online features.”

This is exactly what I’m planning on doing^^

104. Da Man

Always amazed me how demented nerds call anyone buying popular hardware hipsters.

Classic stuff there.

You need to correct the spelling of your username, #103.

105. Christopher Jack

I take it you don’t even know what a hipster is, here, let me help you.

Hipster- Noun: A person who follows the latest trends and fashions.

106. Da Man

I do know that, what I can’t figure is why you deprived hardcore toy warriors think many (or most people) buying trendy things are that.

Where’s the data which would validate that? There’s none.

107. manamana

What is it, that certain folks are more about commenting other commenters, than commenting on the matter?

108. Christopher Jack

“toy warriors” Bitch please, tell me how continually mocking someone for using a certain product is okay but when you’re called a hipster for iProducts, it’s a totally different story? Get off your high horse, buddy. Stop applying tags to a group of people, you couldn’t come off as a bigger bigot without shouting racist & sexist remarks.

109. Da Man

I call ‘bitch’ a person who spends their New Year on vg247, sad patient.

The data validating my views is right on this website, and any ‘hardcore’ site. You need to spend an hour on Gamespot or Gametrailers to figure that out. (you’re a shining example).

Also, as I said before I’m not your buddy.

Stfu and run along correct the spelling.(it’s not like you have anything better to do, little person other than posting more straw men).