Microsoft files trademark for something called “Gunpowder”

Tuesday, 22nd January 2013 18:53 GMT By Stephany Nunneley

Microsoft has filed a trademark application with the USPTO for something called Gunpowder. Other than the description “entertainment services, namely, providing online video games,” there is nothing else regarding the project available to deduce what it could entail. It was filed on January 15. Via Gamespot.

1. theevilaires

Maybe they’ll start charging for the bullets in online games taking micro transaction to a new low :D XBOX LIVE Platinum sub anyone?

#1 1 year ago
  2. DSB

You get one mag per spawn, after that it’s 5 dollars.

Virtual ammo ain’t cheap, son!

#2 1 year ago
  3. pukem0n

i like your ideas, but they dont go far enough for me.

how about legal cheating?

i dont mean that pseudo get-ahead packages for BF.
    i mean legal wallhacks on your xbox 360 or unlimited magazines.
    now that would get them some real money

#3 1 year ago
  4. Gadzooks!

Sounds like a game streaming service to me.

#4 1 year ago
  5. daytripper

It’s a downloadable title that is similar to Duck Hunt but ” with the power of Kinect ”
    You can use your penis to fire sex pellets at chickens

#5 1 year ago
  6. monkeygourmet

Gunpowder : ”Delivering Explosive media bullets straight into your Brain (TV)’

Yeah, I think you may have called it.

#6 1 year ago
  7. monkeygourmet

I’m actually scared about Kinect 2 and privacy issues…

I think that’s why the media has been trying to turn us all into whores, so when we have cameras always on in our homes, we just won’t give a fuck! :/

#7 1 year ago
  8. daytripper

@7 I will just stick to a regular controller :-)

#8 1 year ago
  9. theevilaires

@ Monkeygourmet you do know kinect records your activity even when not in use and sends it back to Microsoft for so called data collecting purposes to help them figure out how to advertise to you better so they claim.

Anybody with half a brain should know by now to always unplug your kinect and cover it up when not in use. Or just don’t buy/use the thing period. How Microsoft pulled that one over on the consumers I have no idea….oh yea I do 90% of the world are fucking retards.

#9 1 year ago
  10. Gadzooks!

I know a nice guy at the asylum who can show you how to make tinfoil hats..

#10 1 year ago
  11. FabioPal

@10 +1

#11 1 year ago
  12. Samoan Spider

@10 +1

But I gotta say I love the mental image of a brigade of grotty old men sat in a basement of Redmond poking through kinect live feeds to see what juicy things they can see.

Although this Gunpowder sounds like cloud gaming to me but may also turn into some marketing shite along the lines of a ‘Revolution’ in gaming. But thats probably why I’m not in marketing. Anyhoo, back to work.

#12 1 year ago