Flashback HD remake on the way – rumour

Tuesday, 22nd January 2013 00:02 GMT By Brenna Hillier

Flashback, an excellent 1992 adventure platformer from Delphine Software, may soon be accessible to a whole new generation of gamers thanks to a planned HD remake.

An unconfirmed report of a new Flashback project has surfaced on French site Gameblog, which received an image showing off some fancy new graphics for Conrad’s adventure.

The image was sent by an anonymous source, and no further details such as date or platform were provided. It’s not even clear if we’re looking at a remake, sequel or just a bit of fan art.

That said, France’s CNC, an arts funding body, has awarded €300,000 to Vector Cell, a studio founded by Flashback designer Paul Cuisset, for something called Flashback Origins.

Also, it’s an excellent idea, so I’m filing this one under “quite likely”.

Flashback was a Prince of Persia-style cinematic platformer with puzzle adventure elements. It appeared a year after stablemate Another World and the two are often compared and contrasted as highlights of the genre.

Thanks, XboxYGen.

1. viralshag

Jeez I remember this game… it was amazing.

#1 1 year ago
  2. Brenna Hillier

It was SO amazing. I’d be more than happy to fork out for an HD remake, let alone some sort of expansion or follow up.

#2 1 year ago
  3. absolutezero

I also loved Fade to Black.

Please do not hurt me…

#3 1 year ago
  4. DSB

Screw that, I want another Shaq Fu.

#4 1 year ago
  5. polygem

would love that in a shadow complex style as xbl psn eshop game…

#5 1 year ago
  6. Deacon

I preferred Another World. Both fantastic games though. I don’t think a HD re-skin will improve them.
    I’d definitely buy a re-make, just not a re-skin.

#6 1 year ago
  7. absolutezero

Another World already got an HD up-scaling for its 12th Anniversary. Still looks beautiful, still hard as nails. Flashback was alot more forgiving.

#7 1 year ago
  8. Gheritt White

I would buy the heck out of this game. Please universe, make this happen!

#8 1 year ago
  9. DSB

I’ve never hated a game more than I hated Another World. I can still feel 7-10 year old me hating the fuck out of that game.

Playing Limbo just brought it all back. I hate that game with an appropriate fraction of the passion reserved for Another World.

#9 1 year ago