Tomb Raider multiplayer receives a quarter of the game’s Achievements

Monday, 21st January 2013 11:23 GMT By Nick Akerman

Fancy getting 1000G when Lara returns? If so, you’ll need to sharpen up those competitive skills.

Dedication and an awful lot of grit will be needed to maximise Achievement points from Crystal Dynamics’ title. Eidos Montreal are in control of the game’s multiplayer portion, and have been awarded a fair chunk of Achievement progress to play with.

So, what does this actually mean? As reported by X360, you’ll have to reach level 60 during online play, unlocking the “True Commitment” 30G score.

Whether or not this harks towards Seriously 3.0 levels of difficulty remains to be seen. Either way, 250G is waiting online.

1. deathm00n

This is a letdown for me. I find more pleasant what happens for instance in Assassin’s Creed 3, there’s just 4 or 5 trophies in the multiplayer and they are very simple.

2. monkeygourmet

fail, after the plus points for not adding season pass…

no… one… wants… this…

after about 1 month you’ll be lucky to find an online match..

3. Fin

I’d be more concerned with the lack of thought in the achievements as a whole – “Kill X enemies with Y weapon”, along with fuck all story achievements.

4. Maximum Payne

@2 So what ? you don’t buy this for mp anyway…

5. YoungZer0

@4: “Bt i wants to get all de achivemtns, so i fell less emtpy!”

6. karma

Thumbs down from me. Every week this game gets less and less appealing. Not buying.

7. monkeygourmet

@4 & 5

I don’t ever go 100% on cheevo’s or trophies, check my Gamer tag if you want.

Some people do however and they shouldn’t have to play bolted on multiplayer to do it.

Also, this will be brought up in some business meeting somewhere down the line, yeah they’ll try and put a positive spin on including multiplayer even though the only reason people touched it was for the achievments.

Just a bit of a waste of time and resources really.

Same as Assassins Creed, Bioshock and numerous other games that get tacked on multiplayer because of Call of Duty.

8. mongbatstar

@7 How will the internet know you’re cool if you don’t have all the internet points?

9. polygem

@8: just check his huge shotgunpenis drawings on miiverse…who needs lame internetpoints if you can have cockguns?

10. mreko3230

This is nothing. I pulled an older 360 game “Wolfenstein” out the other day. I pulled it out because I couldn’t believe how many of the achievements I didn’t get. Then I realized why- 24 of the 49 achievements were online. Are you kidding me? Then I got to looking at a lot of my other older games. From what I can tell, it used to be a lot worse in terms of percentage towards online achievements. The last 2 years it has really died down.