Mad Dog McCree wanders onto PSN next week with Move support, co-op

Saturday, 19th January 2013 17:09 GMT By Stephany Nunneley

Mad Dog McCree will be released through PSN next week with Move support.

According to publisher Digital Leisure, the ALG classic will not only contain Move compatibility, but all the original play modes, remastered footage, a new scoring system, and four player co-op.

A price wasn’t listed, but a video was released, if that’s any consolation.

No word on if this will be released in Europe as well. We’ll try to find out for you.

Thanks, Joystiq.

1. Dragon246

@Steph
    Is it a new thing that vg247 now also updates on saturday (and sunday), or did it happened always but my squinty eyes missed that :P

#1 1 year ago
  2. Stephany Nunneley

I have worked Saturdays at VG247 since I started in 2009.

Brenna’s Monday morning is technically Sunday for those not in the Southern Hemisphere.

#2 1 year ago
  3. Sadismek

@1 It always updated on Saturdays, as far as I can recall. The Sundays are usually empty.

#3 1 year ago
  4. Dragon246

@Steph
    I thought so as I am quite ahead of GMT.
    Looks like I was wrong. Apologies.
    Maybe its just that weekends don’t carry as much news.

#4 1 year ago
  5. Stephany Nunneley

@4 No need to apologize. Saturdays are really slow, so I try to space the posts out. Otherwise, you wouldn’t have any news past noon if my Speedy Gonzales fingers had their way.

And while Sundays are pretty much dead as dirt for news, considering Brenna’s timezone, the site is still “technically” updated – albeit a bit late in the evening for those outside the US Eastern Time Zone.

#5 1 year ago
  6. _LarZen_

I bought this when it came out on PC, remember I was so amazed I could play in a Movie…

#6 1 year ago
  7. Digital Bamboo

I beat this on CD-i using a thumb-stick, so I’ve seen every clip of this game about 100 times. Unbelievable that this is being re-released in 2013.

#7 1 year ago
  8. GwynbleiddiuM

^It’s a classic, it’s nothing unbelievable. We have many classics on PSN and there a lot of people who appreciate them, me included.

#8 1 year ago
  9. Digital Bamboo

^ I wouldn’t call it a classic myself. In fact, I was under the impression that interactive movie games were widely regarded as being pretty terrible, a gimmicky niche genre, and a black mark on the medium of video games.

But don’t let my criticisms stop you from picking up Mad Dog McCree on PSN and enjoying it (I’m sure they won’t), I still have my old CD-i copy some place.

I’m a fan of classic games too, I just prefer ones that are more, um, playable.

#9 1 year ago
  10. DSB

It obviously was very camp, but I don’t see how that excludes anything from being a classic.

I have fond memories of Mad Dog McCree at arcades, and I was pretty taken in by Spycraft on the PC back in the day.

#10 1 year ago
  11. hypeb147

Mad Dog! You don’t stand a chance…let’s go get ‘em stranger. lol
    So many good memories playing this

#11 1 year ago
  12. Digital Bamboo

I guess I just have a different idea of what “classic” means.

To me, a classic game has to be very unique, probably critically acclaimed, and, more importantly, it must either be representitive of the pinnacle of a certain genre at a certain point in time, or it must somehow push the boundaries so far as to advance the medium of gaming as a whole.

Is Mad Dog McCree such a game? I don’t think so. (Unless you consider it the pinnacle of FMV western shooters, then yeah, it’s kind of that by default). But I’m not trying to rain on anybody’s parade here. I had fun playing this back in the day too. Just found it surprising a game born out of interactive video hype, that has been released so many times already, is being released yet again, long after the novelty of such experiences has worn off.

But I guess there’s more love for old Mad Dog than I ever imagined.

#12 1 year ago