Sony provides update on US PlayStation Network maintenance

Friday, 18th January 2013 21:28 GMT By Stephany Nunneley

Sony has provided and update to the maintenance period for PlayStation Network. The service went down yesterday for an upgrade, and was supposed to be back up last night. However, Sony has said to expect the service to remain offline until 9.00pm PST/12.00am EST tonight. Those who signed into the service five days prior to the start of maintenance may be able to play games online and use select apps during the down time. Service downtime to apply an update in Europe is scheduled for Thursday, February 2.

1. monkeygourmet

#1 1 year ago
  2. Ireland Michael

@1 Just to name two, but I got Virtua Fighter and Double Dragon Neon on their day of release on PlayStatioj Plus. That was the value of a three month subscription right there.

Thats not including the instant collection and the crap load of other great free games offered every month.

#2 1 year ago
  3. kronik acez

Thanks for the info

#3 1 year ago
  4. JimFear-666

@1 How many games are free on xbox?

0 all year long…

Its better than nothing even if these games are old.

#4 1 year ago
  5. Ireland Michael

@4 And how often do you go back to a game you’ve finished? How many games are either traded back in or left on the shelves to stare at for years on end?

I don’t mind the rental concept at all because chances are I’m not going to play many of them again after I’m done with them anyway. If I am, I’ll just buy the game outright.

#5 1 year ago
  6. monkeygourmet

Personally I’ve never found nothing on PS plus I either hadn’t already bought or could find it at a similar price for a boxed, but that’s just me. I always prefer to own a physical game for some reason.

PS Vita plus looks a bit better though.

Better service, cross game chat, less updates and quicker updates for games? I know which I’d rather pay for.

Also, it’s not free games is it? There just cheaper, your still paying for a service.

#6 1 year ago
  7. loveaya

Haha, if the prices of the EU games are as cheap as the ones of US versions maybe i don’t mind buying any game on its launch day.

#7 1 year ago
  8. monkeygourmet

Example:

I think Bioshock 2 is ‘free’ this month…

I can get the disc game to keep and own for £3.99 on amazon…

#8 1 year ago
  9. Wazup344

OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! NO Y Y Y

#9 1 year ago
  10. RedKassinova

It’s not cool tht my boyfriend can play but i can’t.. we are on the same system & he WAS NOT signed in whn the maintenance started in fact he hadn’t been for hours..it’s currently 6:19pm where we live, whn will the maintenance be over.. I’ve read so many different things i don’t knw wht 2 believe

#10 1 year ago
  11. freedoms_stain

@8, Bioshock 2 is one of 5 games (3 PS3, 2 Vita) for January EU PS+.

Also, PS+ has so far cost me an average of £2.49 a month.

Bioshock 2 is at best a 2 playthrough game with negligible resell value. 50p on PS+ for a years rental looks pretty good to me.

#11 1 year ago
  12. Clupula

Frankly, I DO think Mildred’s story is unbelievable.

#12 1 year ago
  13. lexph3re

@Monkey you do know that ps+ has auto updates and cloud storage to go with the free games. better service? netflix,web app, friendslist, sports services and accessible store for purchasing. they both have that. ISP takes care of any speed issues on either one. So that leaves what? X chat you are paying for and on psn+ you get game rentals that save you 500 bucks plus a year. Hmmm i guess buying that bioshock 2 for 4 bucks is ssssssooooo much more efficient.

#13 1 year ago
  14. Ireland Michael

“Netflix,web app, friendslist, sports services and accessible store for purchasing.”

Those are all entirely a matter of preference. I think the browser is a godawful, laggy mess, I find the 360 Netlfix app better, the friends liat is garbage and slow, I have no interest in sports, and I think the PlayStation Store is vastly less intuitive than the 360 Markteplace.

#14 1 year ago
  15. CycloneFox

i can’t believe anyone would still complain about ps+. o.o

@monkey: i got a vita and ps3 and bought my plus subscription in summer sale, while red dead redemption was in the program, a game which i wouldn’t have payed for, but from which i heard such good fanfeedback, that i still wanted to try it out.
    i spent 38€ for one year. i get 5 games per month (some one year old tripple-A games, some day-one indi/psn games). that’s about 70 games for 38€, which means not even 50 cent per game. and you get two licences per game and have the shared game libraty on the ps3 which is a feature, i would wish for on steam for example. not to mention discounts, open betas, cloud save storage for games, which don’t support cloud saving by themselves.

#15 1 year ago
  16. lexph3re

@IM not mine works perfectly fine for me. Its not like it use to be when you could watch hulu and youtube in the browser without a forced block from them. Then again I don’t really use it for much anymore since everything I would use it for are all apps now. Netflix on my ps3 is fast and reliable. I laughed hard though when I saw netflix trying to coin a new phrase “super hd” i tried so hard not to laugh my ass off at that crap.

#16 1 year ago
  17. killersense

on topic: this bs needs to stop. when ps4 comes sony needs to make sure all this is done behind doors and has no effect on the player. with their gaikai purchase i hope they figure out a way where the player isn’t affected in any way. this has become a laughing stock and i hope they realize that.

on the other hand with regards to ps plus i want to point out it is an amazing service and hope monkeygourmet comes to his senses before downplaying an awesome service. just the past six months the amount of games you got was ridiculous. dead space 2, crysis 2, red dead redemption, batman arkham city, resident 5, darksiders, vanquish, limbo, besides the stuff in the instant collection and now vita games as well. you still have 6 more months coming. you have very good discounts on games if you want to purchase content and keep permanently. far cry 3 and hitman were 50% within a month of their release. 1gb cloud storage, auto updates, early betas, etc…. so for that one time yearly fee you get like almost 50 free games to play over a year. rental or not you must be really ignorant to not call it a valuable service.

#17 1 year ago
  18. fucksonyinbutt

This is f*****g bullshit u f*****g pieces of f*****g shit suck my huge cock f*****g bastards f*****g u whore bags f*****r I’m goin to sit on my f*****g ps3 while I play the f**k out of my f*****g Xbox bitches Fuck you Sony FUCKERS

Jacob says u fuckers suck so then u really must suck ass

#18 1 year ago
  19. gophukurselph

Im just am average joe, not a big blogger , but this is just a couple down days. It’s like none of you remember the full shut down in 2011 when the network got hacked. Whats all the crying about????????? I ts a couple down days, thats it. For the most part the network is free, whats the big deal????? Get off your lazy asses and do something other than cry about something that just is what it is. Take this time to clean your room or help your parents/girlfriend/boyfriend/spouse do something that they could use your help on. When the network comes back on you can go back to your old negligent self.

#19 1 year ago
  20. Telepathic.Geometry

Go fuck yourself is right.

#20 1 year ago
  21. Gadzooks!

SLOLNY needs to invest in more hamster wheel grease, or they should get a second hamster in to power that joke of a network at least.

I shouldnt call it a Network really. That implies people are connected, which most of the time they are not.

#21 1 year ago
  22. Da Man

Phony Offline Entertainment. You get what you pay for, that which you wouldn’t get even if you paid for it.

#22 1 year ago
  23. lexph3re

^ Too bad its only the store thats been down. I’ve been online and playing with noproblems. Guess not paying for online mp is just sssssoooooo terrible.

#23 1 year ago
  24. Fin

Nice self censorship man!

#24 1 year ago
  25. Da Man

Instead of wasting your shitty keyboard typing angry sentences you should just follow the Sony buddies’ example (e.g. Sony123456) and call me a nerd while spending 50 hours on pS3 per week and a lonely troll while making about as much comments per day as I do per week.

It’s a poor service and a poor console, devotee.

#25 1 year ago
  26. nikk900

@26 Really? You post in anything sony to bash them and anything microsoft to defend them. You seem to be on here 24/7!

#26 1 year ago
  27. Da Man

anything microsoft to defend them
    Links?

Lying, exaggerating and putting words into people’s mouths is natural to console devotees.

I can make a list of poor MS hardware and software. Can you? No.

#27 1 year ago
  28. lexph3re

Sooo what about my sentence was angry? Lol If anything it was informative to your misguided perception. Calling someone a devotee because they play on a console you detest? Classy as always huh?lol

Here tell you what. Since you know so much about server management for over 90 million active users on a device. Lets all petition for you to become the boss of SOE networking Topology. Yeah that will fix the cause right? and whils your at it you can change the service under your guidance to be a paid for service. At least then you know you’ll be able to cut that 90million down by a little under half and give the perception that your service is running at optimum performance.

Oh wait I forget this might be to long for you to read. I forget your “little problem” stops you from being able to focus on “drawn out” sentences. My bad

#28 1 year ago
  29. Da Man

They aren’t drawn out, they’re useless inane passionate gibberish..

Try harder. Perhaps this’ll make POSN work better.

#29 1 year ago
  30. monkeygourmet

It’s not that I think PS Plus is awful, it just really doesn’t offer enough for me to make the switch from Live.

The service on live has always been great for me, maybe it could trim some adverts down but that shit is rolling out across the board atm.

I think if I purchased a Vita again, I would get PS Plus, it seems more suited for a poratable system.

I like to build up a games collection physically so would happily pay a few £’s more for a game to add it to my collection.

I don’t know why, but I tend to ignore games more if I have them downloaded to my system, almost feels like they lose some of their allure. It becomes just a big collection and back log rather than something im going to sit down and enjoy.

Steam is the same for me too. Great value, but alot of the time you just end up collecting games and not playing them. Same on my Ipad, I have about 50 games just sitting there.

I was talking to my friend about this ‘Steam issue’ the other day as we saw an article saying a similar thing. It’s great to have things cheap, but at the same time I think it can devalue a product to the point you’re just buying things for the sake of it.

I had a similar feeling when I had a copying device in the latter years of my SNES. Tons of games to play, but they completly lost their appeal.

It’s a tricky balance for sure, the market has changed enough to show a company like Nintendo they can’t really charge £29.99 for Tetris again when you can get a similar experience for 69p on the iPhone or Steam, but you need to attach some value to your products otherwise peoplejust see them as ‘throwaway’ games.

So, all in all. PS Plus is not doing enough to make me move over from Live.

Miiverse is free too and I much prefer that over PSN aswell.

#30 1 year ago
  31. Christopher Jack

Can someone do something about da man? All he really does is enter Sony threads & harass genuine readers. Ignoring doesn’t work, common sense doesn’t work, he’s the very definition of a troll. Criticises us for playing video games THROUGH a video game website, where’s the logic in that?

#31 1 year ago
  32. polygem

“Also, I definatly expect Sony to charge something for online or some subs based model next gen. Will be funny to see all the devoted fans still trying to justify their God Tier company when they are being put in exactly the same boat.”

…plus a tablet controller

#32 1 year ago
  33. Da Man

Did the DarkKnight account work out for you?

#33 1 year ago
  34. polygem

i personally really enjoy da mans posting most of the time. it’s funny. depends on your perspective i think. imho there are some back stabbing trolls on this page that are a severe pain in the ass tho.

#34 1 year ago
  35. Dragon246

Maybe you really like to make yourself a laughing stock. Did you forget the bet previous year where your ninty fan brain predicted a sell out for wiiu? And I dont need to remind you how spectacularly you failed. I am still waiting for my turkey.
    *NINTY MAGIC SAVEZ ALL*

#35 1 year ago
  36. nikk900

@31 For me it’s the same but the other way round. I wouldn’t switch over from PS+ to XBL.

#36 1 year ago
  37. Da Man

^Someone please do something about that little two faced provocator. I can’t read this site anymore. All they do is defending Sony, trolling and making jokes for 12 years olds.

#37 1 year ago
  38. nikk900

@35 LOL “back stabbing trolls”

#38 1 year ago
  39. polygem

ninja trolling

#39 1 year ago
  40. polygem

@38: i agree. they are slowly killing this site for me.

#40 1 year ago
  41. nikk900

Hypocrite much?

#41 1 year ago
  42. Christopher Jack

I do think others like dragon need a swift kick up the butt too, but that’s because they’re naive & arrogant. da man is here just harass people. He doesn’t care about games, only getting his jollies from annoying gamers- probably jacking off right now over the disappointed PS3 gamers.

#42 1 year ago
  43. Da Man

Nope, you’re just too dumb to realize anything I say.. I lol at 40 year olds playing Ni No Kuni, not people playing videogames.

#43 1 year ago
  44. Christopher Jack

Sure buddy, believe wherever you want to believe.

#44 1 year ago
  45. Da Man

Thanks for proving my point. I’m not your buddy.

Oddly enough, pretty much all those ‘harassed’ people like Sony.

#45 1 year ago
  46. Christopher Jack

& why is liking Sony such a crime?

#46 1 year ago
  47. monkeygourmet

I can’t afford Turkey for you and your alt accounts.

At least you could have a nice sit down meal though, you seem to like talking to yourself.

#47 1 year ago
  48. Da Man

They like Sony, I don’t. They want me banned. Simple, no?

#48 1 year ago
  49. polygem

i am 37 yo playing ni no kuni…

still i am not feeling offended by da mans posting. i think it’s funny most of the time. his style is over the top. i just don’t feel offended at all by it and i think it sometimes is the much needed salt in the comment section. i really do.
    it just depends on your perspective maybe.

theres a huge difference in straight forward mocking or sneaky, two faced, backstabber trolling.

#49 1 year ago
  50. Christopher Jack

So you spend your supposedly important time annoying them over a simple difference of opinion?

@Polygem, well from my perspective he’s not much better than the typical 4Chan troll. Wouldn’t be surprised if he were mocking a memorial page on Facebook right now. To me, there’s an obvious line between playful mucking around- and being a dick.

#50 1 year ago
  51. monkeygourmet

That is the size of it yeah. :)

#51 1 year ago
  52. DrDamn

@MG
    You are comparing PS+ to Live, they are completely different services. on you are paying for access to games and the other for online gaming.

You also bought up the “old games you can get cheaper boxed” argument again, it doesn’t hold any water. PS+ sub for a year is £30 if you are savvy. That’s for 50+ games, more if you have a Vita. I.e. Well under £1 a game. So a link to one game boxed at £4 again doesn’t back up your argument.

It may not be something you’d pay for, but its fantastic value to a lot of people.

#52 1 year ago
  53. Da Man

No, nobody in their right mind would take any mockery of Sony personally. But on the internet, many do.

Sony is only a part of it, I generally comment on idiocy related to videogames. It’s that Sony posts get noticed by those people.

Hope we cleared up everything.

#53 1 year ago
  54. Da Man

Also, JackArse you’re pretty much the definition of a e-piece of shit, little man.

That I mock console fanboys gets translated into your mental fantasies is hardly my problem.

I wouldn’t be surprised if you do that yourself.

#54 1 year ago
  55. DrDamn

@MG
    That’s also £6 for the used Bioshock 2 from a seller on Amazon once you factor in postage.

#55 1 year ago
  56. Christopher Jack

@55, U mad bro?

#56 1 year ago
  57. GwynbleiddiuM

@54 TBH you do that a lot in PC gaming related entries as well. It’s not hard to figure your purpose here. You hate Sony, you hate PC gaming, you hate Nintendo. You hate PC in general. You see everyone who disagrees with your opinion as obvious depraved nerds and treat them poorly. You always mock and ridicule those who are trying to have conversation with you, and for some reason you have this illusion that whatever you spit is comedy at its finest while in fact you are bitter, spiteful and often toxic.

#57 1 year ago
  58. Da Man

Nope, you’re just dumb.

This is the main problem with 20 years olds. they’re no better than deprived 40 years olds, but I digress. You mock Kojima’s storytelling and teh Boss, it gets translated into some mental theories.

Stop jerking, correct your username spelling and go outside. It’ll help.

#58 1 year ago
  59. monkeygourmet

@DrDamn

Again, you cherry picked certain parts of my post.

What is offered would not pull me over to PSN compared to Live. That would be the same for a lot of people who have a history of purchases, friends or achievements on Live.

For people just owning the PS3, it’s a good offer.

The whole point of setting up better value services however is to try and lure people in from a competitors product. I just can’t see the benefit personally.

I’d rather spend a little bit more, buy some of the games on Xbox second hand, which run a lot better in most cases and actually build a physical game collection.

If your on a budget or only own one console then yeah, it’s a nice bonus.

If I get a Vita again, I would get plus I think.

#59 1 year ago
  60. lexph3re

and who exactly are the back stabbing trolls?

other note, saying something isn’t for you and something is complete shit doesn’t make the two cohesive. See PS+ is a great service, is every service for everyone? Not at all. Does that make it a shit service? Not at all.

See when we do comparisons of psn+ to xbl its pretty simple. You either want to pay for a service to play your games or your going to pay for a service that lets you play games. If you were to remove the paid position for both psn would still let you play online and use services while xbox will leave you barren only letting you buy things from their store.

As for the daman. hes not funny nor is he refreshing. it is funny to push his button making him feel full of himself as he pushes his elevated opinions/humor as critical. I post every other day every other week. That guy troll damn near daily but says others are devotees. That guys devoted to being a tool

#60 1 year ago
  61. Da Man

I’m sorry sonyphare. I ‘m certain I’m not funny to a person whose most intelligent book they read was FF7.

Now can we establish that PSN is terrible?

#61 1 year ago
  62. Sadismek

Seriously poly, you think Da Man is funny? I thought better of you. It’s acceptable to defend a company you like (even if this can get too far sometimes) than bash the one you hate all day and attack those that tell you to stop it. It’s getting really annoying to be unable to read anything on VG24/7 without stumbling upon one of his comments, which are neither constructive nor well intended. Just pure hatred.

#62 1 year ago
  63. Da Man

I never said my goal was to make anyone laugh.

Not to mention I’m not the one telling people on the internet how much of a network administrator I am. Or how a malfunctioning online service is a matter of opinion.

#63 1 year ago
  64. lexph3re

right because this site is completely about what I have read in my entire life -_-. The only terrible ill admit to is you weak insults

#64 1 year ago
  65. Da Man

No it isn’t. But it isn’t about helping you to overcome your purchase mediocre performance either.

Nor is it about who plays more intelligent videogames. ‘Mature gamers’..

#65 1 year ago
  66. lexph3re

Well there is a differences between netwoking services malfunctiojing and an intentional maintenance. These are always intentional, only time their was a “malfunction” was the great psn hack debacle that people weren’t even affected by but were compensated for.

Also, no one was talking to you about you trying to make anyone laugh. They were talking to Poly

#66 1 year ago
  67. G1GAHURTZ

Why in the world would anyone “love” a company that only exists to make rich people richer?

That’s beyond absurd.

#67 1 year ago
  68. lexph3re

I don’t have a single ounce of regret in my purchases. I only purchase things I want and enjoy and there is no need to justify that to some guy on the internet who feels like Sony raped him when he was a little boy. I heard of daddy issues but your Sony issues are just sad

#68 1 year ago
  69. Da Man

#67

Sure there is, but there’s literally no difference in your replies to both..

Also I’m not talking to you. Shut up or I’ll e-mail the staff.

#69 1 year ago
  70. Christopher Jack

Grow up or shut up. Someone who enjoys their purchase regardless of your opinion is NOT in denial, they simply enjoy it- speaking of which, I recommend you try something other than trolling for enjoyment. Perhaps do something akin to what this site is about and play a video game or play a sport maybe even consider doing something constructive like getting a job or volunteering- surely someone who’s posting as much as yourself can’t have too much going on.

#70 1 year ago
  71. Da Man

^I already gave you a useful advice, follow it or stfu and go somewhere else where inferior online services is a matter of opinion.

#71 1 year ago
  72. lexph3re

Why would anyone like a business model that provides for me what I either A. cant do myself B. don’t care to do so I pay them to do it C. appreciate the people who provide me with an experience I enjoy. Jeez, I wonder why anyone in their right mind would b happy to have a company that provides?

Oh I know! Because all companies exist based off of consumerism and principles of give and recieve. Guess that wasn’t so hard to understand after all. I love you wallyworld

#72 1 year ago
  73. DrDamn

@MG
    This is an article about PSN maintenance, you opened the comments with a post about PS+ with factual inaccuracies. What do you expect. You later on go on to explain why it isn’t a service for you – which is fine, but that’s after an initial incorrect post unrelated to the article. If someone did the same in a Nintendo thread you’d be all over them wouldn’t you? PSN =/= PS+.

“At least you get free games with PS Plus account, free games that are months out of date and cost the same price to purchase second hand.”

That’s the whole post. So this isn’t cherry picking. The games aren’t free, they aren’t all old and they don’t cost the same price to purchase second hand. That’s the whole post which is wrong I reckon.

#73 1 year ago
  74. lexph3re

Go ahead and email the staff hopefully they’ll see your ignorant comments and do something about it.

And actually there was a difference in my replies. at least they also had relevance to the article unlike your comments.

#74 1 year ago
  75. Da Man

Which brings me back to the previous page, when I recommended you to call me a troll and a nerd while spending about twenty times as much hours on videogames and comment sections as I do. JerkArse is another good example.

#75 1 year ago
  76. monkeygourmet

Yeah sorry, that was a it of a loaded gun! :)

#76 1 year ago
  77. nikk900

#77 1 year ago
  78. DrDamn

PSN Maintenance is a load of shit mind. :D

#78 1 year ago
  79. monkeygourmet

Like 98% of other sites? Welcome to the Internet

#79 1 year ago
  80. lexph3re

Actually right now I have free time to point out your bs. Even these post don’t even come close to how much you derail the community on a daily basis.

#80 1 year ago
  81. OlderGamer

“Uh, yeah. You just keep on replying to every single comment in detail while telling me you don’t care.”

That is sage advice. What he is saying si to ignore him. He feeds off of the attention.

Also

“This site is awesome, but certain people ruin it with such stupid and pathetic comments.”

Is spot on. The irony for me, is that it all depends on your perspective as to which group of certain people are doing the ruining.

The reason Poly is enjoying DM is because Poly has taken so much crap from the very same people that DM is now currently attacking. So it feels, to him, like just desserts.

And so the cycle continues.

#81 1 year ago
  82. monkeygourmet

You mean George Foreman Grill maintenance? :D

#82 1 year ago
  83. nikk900

@80 No not really, which is why I hardly post here.

#83 1 year ago
  84. monkeygourmet

Please point me in the I direction of a gaming website that isn’t full of crazies?

#84 1 year ago
  85. lexph3re

gamerant.com no one post on that site and when they do it never passes 10 comments

#85 1 year ago
  86. monkeygourmet

As in there’s no crazies because there’s no one actually on the forums? :)

#86 1 year ago
  87. Da Man

You’re off, old man. You entertain yourself with the computer, I work. So I naturally also use it to chat with you guys.

As for sonyphare, I suppose you have plenty. Just looking at your list of played games it’s not that hard to figure out.

#87 1 year ago
  88. Da Man

Awaiting Lolconner…

Sorry, I’m ignoring him.

#88 1 year ago
  89. Ireland Michael

@32, or anyone else really. If you want something done about Da Man’s behaviour – patrick@vg247.com

#89 1 year ago
  90. Stephany Nunneley

Christ – how in holy hell did a PSN maintenance update post turn into this? Seriously. :/

#90 1 year ago
  91. manamana

Because of the kids that wont go to bed and stay up all night?

#91 1 year ago
  92. monkeygourmet

Don’t Blaspheme! Terrible behaviour Steph… :)

#92 1 year ago
  93. Telepathic.Geometry

It’s been like this for weeks Steph. Same handful of posters disagreeing with each other in very non-constructive fashion, chasing the dream: convincing some dude on the internet that he is wrong.

#93 1 year ago
  94. Stephany Nunneley

@92 Trust me. It could have been worse.

@93 :(

#94 1 year ago
  95. monkeygourmet

What did it used to be like TG?

Been posting for a while and lurking years before that, seems pretty much business as usual to me?

Start forum threads if you want specific discussion?

#95 1 year ago
  96. polygem

#96 1 year ago
  97. G1GAHURTZ

I blame Nintendo.

#97 1 year ago
  98. polygem

Nintendoomed

#98 1 year ago
  99. polygem

look how many comments we got right here, doing the daily nintendoMSony talking and how many are here, on an interesting article about videogame writing that is online for a while now…

#99 1 year ago
  100. Telepathic.Geometry

@monkey: There’s always a certain amount of it, but lately a few posters have been posting fairly obvious flamebait which is immediately leapt upon by forumites who should know better, but for whatever reason can’t just rise above it.

I used to be one of those eejits when I first started in on this internet posting business years ago on EG, but at some stage you should get enough experience to get it into your head that ignoring trolls is not only the best way to shut them up, not only the best way to maintain your own sanity, but to keep VG24/7′s boards cleaner and more enjoyable…

I usually engage those people up until the point I deem them unreasonable, and fairly obviously just trying to get a rise out of people. Then I switch off and ignore them…

#100 1 year ago
  101. monkeygourmet

There have been some good discussions too.

I just find some of the posters who think they are more ‘intelligent’ (you can make up your mind who you think I’m referring too), don’t do much within the community.

They sit back and scoff at people bickering then hypocritically join in, all while complaining its below them.

Fact is, if you actually bother to write out thought provoking things, a lot of more level headed posters will follow.

Dave strikes a good balance I think as his articles tend to bring out quality discussion over fan boy wars.

I’m no saint, I happily go on record I dislike a lot of Sony’s business practices and that is my stance when I appear in articles regarding them.

#101 1 year ago
  102. Da Man

I recall there was a time when (almost) everyone was like you, polygem and people didn’t take a box of wires or 3d characters related comments personally. Laughing at Mgs melodrama was common sense, and people had a rather rich lexicon (going far beyond ‘no you’, ‘troll’ and the f-word).

Then we got these passionate, internet dwelling ones..

#102 1 year ago
  103. Sadismek

@99 The problem is that it’s not about Sony. If it were, Da Man would’ve make sure to jump over the 50 comments mark.

#103 1 year ago
  104. manamana

Giga threw a handsome bait, OG ignored it like a boss.

#104 1 year ago