God of War: Ascension single-player teased in new trailer

Friday, 18th January 2013 17:57 GMT By Stephany Nunneley

A teaser trailer for the single-player portion of God of War: Ascension has been released. It’s below, and it’s only 38 seconds long so don’t blink too many times. God of War: Ascension lands on PS3 in March.

1. Mike W

Well that was juicy ;)

2. Stephany Nunneley

I know! :D :D

3. theevilaires

Damn that looks great man. the graphics look so clean cut and set pieces look really gorgeous. Best God of War yet?

4. ActionGameKing

Whoa! Santa Monica bringing the hype! Looks like PS4 graphics, holy crap.

5. Greek God

o_o

6. Ireland Michael

Man, plenty of great gameplay in that trailer.

….

Ell Ooh Ell.

7. Sadismek

@3 I just wanted to say that. The graphics look really really clean. Too bad I’ll probably never pick it up.

8. theevilaires

Well generally later on in a console life cycle the graphics tend to get that smooth clean look. It can make some games look better and some look cheap and blocky especially last gen.

As to why you’ll never pick it up will remain a mystery I guess because you fail to explain you won’t.

9. Sadismek

@8 I seem to be incapable to enjoy/play/like hack and slashes. I got God of War 3 bundled with my PS3 and after firing it up and playing a couple of hours I gave up and even now it gathers dust on my shelf.

Too bad, I guess :(.

10. polygem

i absoluteley LOVE the clean, crisp look. makes everything look smooth and stylish. trailer is good, makes me instantly want to play it. some lame trailers for most games atm in my opinion. this one nails what a teasing trailer should be like.

11. SameeR_Fisher

hmmmm, I didn’t expect that, it is clear that SP is way ahead of the MP.

I was really skeptical about Ascension, but I am glad they still got it, I am going to play it, but still Castlevania Lords of Shadow 2 remains as my most anticipated game for 2013, and probably the best hack n slash -adventure- game I will ever play.

12. polygem

@#11: yeah i hope it will be good! cannot wait for the 3ds LoS game either…hope it’ll capture that classic castlevania feeling.

13. monkeygourmet

Want

14. Erthazus

I want

15. Meta_Dragon

Must have.

16. monkeygourmet

Do you like GOW Erth?

17. ps3fanboy

xboxfanboys can suck it they will never have a game this good on their crapbox!

18. Ireland Michael

@17 Besides every single other hack n’ slash fame ever released…

19. manamana

@17 do you still believe that gamers have only one console? Grow up. Or better: get lost!

20. xxJPRACERxx

@19 +1 :)

21. Erthazus

@16, Yeah, I do. Amazing franchise in my opinion.

22. monkeygourmet

Yeah, GOW, Uncharted and Motorstorm (guilty pleasure), are reasons I got the PS3

23. SameeR_Fisher

@#12: totally agree, MoF will set the stage for CLOS.2

{Spoilers} {Spoilers} Castlevania Lords of Shadow {Spoilers} {Spoilers}
    and don’t worry, CLOS.2 will be epic through the roof, they are making a bigger yet tighter experience, not to mention you are playing as Dracul

24. Dragon246

Man, if the story is anything like chains of olympus, I would really dig it.
    And the graphics are really top notch. I like the direction Todd Pappy is taking the series too.

@Erth,
    You realise that if sony goes down, Gow will also go down don’t you? They provide much more freedom to their studios than many. GOW probably won’t be the same then.

25. Clupula

@9 – Did you play the previous ones, though?

26. mathare92

I see no one’s taken the bait yet, Michael. Keep trying. :)

I like to think that the appeal of God of War comes from the awesome spectacle it provides and the incredibly high production quality. Not the moment-to-moment combat. I don’t think the developers ever set out to match the intricacies of Kamiya-Kombat.

27. Sadismek

@26 Yes, I’ve tried GoW 2 before, but with the same outcome. I think I’ll just clean the dust off my old games in one of these days, get GoW 3 and finally finish it. In plus, Ascension looks too good to be missed.

28. Clupula

Ascension might be a good place to start, actually, since the story is probably half the experience of a God of War title. Since that’s a prequel, it might be a nice beginning for you and then you can decide if you want to go back to the other titles. They are one big running story and I can see not being into them if you don’t know who is who. The only one that takes its time to introduce Kratos is God of War 1. GOW2 pretty much expects you already know who he is and then just throws him in a crazy situation with him acting inappropriately.

It’s not until Ghost of Sparta that you kinda see why he did what he did in GOW2. I would actually recommend playing the games in chronological order.

Ascension
    Chains of Olympus
    GOW1
    Ghost of Sparta
    GOW2
    GOW3

29. Mike W

If that happens, it would just be on multiple platforms.

30. polygem

kratos “acting inappropriately”?

that’s even an uderstatement really ;)

31. Clupula

@31 – Okay, leading the Spartan army to slaughter the entire population of Athens might be a little bit more than just acting inappropriately, but you know, once you become a god, temper tantrums kinda become bigger. What was yesterday’s punching a wall becomes burning entire cities to the ground with your godly powers and the army that worships you.

32. Clupula

@30 – Won’t happen. Big difference between Sony and Sega or, if they ever go under Nintendo. Sony never started off as a third party developer, except for cheap movie tie-ins to properties they already owned. Sony’s software exists solely to promote the hardware and previous to that, their movies. Just as Sony used the PS2 to sell DVD’s and the PS3 to sell Blu-Ray, they use their games to sell the PS3.

Take away the reason for the games division existing, there will be no games division. They won’t sell the ip’s elsewhere. They’ll let them wither and disappear.

33. Sadismek

@29 Thanks for the advice :).

34. Dragon246

@32,
    I think I would do the same things if I got bitchslapped that hard by the “gods” :P

35. polygem

…they definitley messed with the wrong guy…

36. Gheritt White