Dante to receive three new costumes in DmC: Devil May Cry

Friday, 18th January 2013 16:44 GMT By Nick Akerman

A trio of new costumes have been spotted for Ninja Theory’s DmC: Devil May Cry. Guess what? One might just be the return of Dante’s white mop…

As reported by Destructoid, these will be available to buy from January 30. Do people care enough to buy new costumes? Probably.

Take a look at the gallery and let us know what you think:

1. Meta_Dragon

Oh, more DLC. What a surprise…not really.

2. ps3fanboy

its all about the clothes isnt it?… after all the new dmc looks totally gay.

3. Greek God

Not in a million years huh?
    LOL

4. Clupula

I love how this pretty much buys into the myth that it’s only the hair we’re bothered by.

Now, if there was DLC to make him actually play the way he did in DMC3, then I might consider it. He’s still got DINO’s awful controls and moveset.

5. Erthazus

look at the third picture… OMG.

6. Sadismek

The third picture is grotesque. Oh, the humanity!

7. DSB

I read an article somewhere that supposed that everybody was so opposed to DMC because it featured a heavily sexualized male character.

Man, that would be hilarious. You’re all scared of yourselves!

Kinda puts the whole “Ew, his clothes” and “Ew, his hair” argument into perspective. Does anyone actually care about the game?

8. Sadismek

@7 Haha, nah, I have absolutely no interest in DmC as a franchise, and it’s not because Dante has chosen a different hairstyle this time. Never liked hack and slash. :P

9. mobiugearskin

Up to mission 13 now.

Anyone that believes the old Dante was better handled than this needs their head examined. All the characters are written and acted brilliantly, there is absolutely more substance here than in any of the previous games.

It looks amazing. It plays brilliantly. Anyone that thinks the game has been simplified should put their money where their fingers are. The leaderboards do not lie. If this is easy, and you were pro at the last 4, you should top the leaderboards. But you wont.

10. Meta_Dragon

I was hesitant at getting this one. Is it worth the money?

11. Faceless

So the only way to prove combat is simplified is to become (one of) the best player(s) in the world? I’ve seen many arguments supporting this game, some legitimate, others far-fetched, but yours is by far the most nonsensical.

That aside, the game is easier, reviewers have said as much (not that you should need their confirmation to see that). Even developers themselves have stated they wanted an easier game than the previous DMCs, which were, according to them, too reliant on ‘hidden’ mechanics that casual players could easily overlook.

12. mobiugearskin

Nothing nonsensical about it. If YOU think the game is dumbed down then YOU should find it a cake walk.

If I say its still deep as the ocean, and you say it isnt… And I can beat your score… That would prove you wrong. Clearly.

People argue the combat has been ruined, yet cant back it up by proving their ability. It is a baseless argument.

13. Ireland Michael

Opinions are like assholes.

Everyone has one, but nobody ever wants to look at anyone else’s.

I think the game is great and the combat is awesome.

/thread

14. Faceless

So the reviewers are wrong, developers lied, and videos like this one are fake. Okay, then, you proved me wrong.

15. mobiugearskin

I assume you mean the SSS?

You can achieve SSS in a SINGLE MOVE against two knights in DMC4.

That what you are getting at?

Also, when you say read “accessible” it doesnt mean “easier”. It means there is less barrier for entry. You think that the casual audience, who can now enjoy this game on default settings, will be able to take on Hell and Hell?

Maybe. Since the game does a great job introducing weapons and abilities in a deliberately measured way.

That is nothing to scoff at.

16. Ireland Michael

@14 You can achieve SSS using only your guns and taunts in DMC3.

On the first level.

17. mobiugearskin

Whats more, in order to actually get a high score like the ones Im seeing on the leaderboards right now, you have to use as much variety in attacks as possible. Getting a quick SSS isnt going to get you 30 million on Mission 1.

18. Faceless

@15 At least one review off the top of my head outright said the game’s combat is not as deep as that of DMC3. And it really isn’t, saying otherwise just outs the person as having never played the previous games to any meaningful extent. Fun, however, is subjective, and I cannot argue it. All the more power to you if you enjoy DmC, I can only wish I did.

The style meter is not why I linked the video. I linked it because DMD (which is the benchmark difficulty mode of the series, not HoH) is laughable in DmC. If you will insist on me clearing DMD bosses in DmC with equal ease, I’ll be sure to provide it if the chance to play the game for free comes up, because I do not see myself buying it or renting it.

@16 I doubt you personally could attain SSS with all weapons on the last level, but feel free to show me how you accomplish said feat.

@17 Your obsession with leaderboards is anecdotal. Part of the mission ranking belongs to hidden items. Yes, DMC4 mission ranking was similar (you had to collect most/all orbs, some of which were hidden), but fans didn’t like that, not sure why it returns in purer form in DmC. Platforming, item collection and leaderboards are white noise in this franchise. DMC was never about whose name sits the highest on a leaderboard, it was about creative and stylish combat solutions. Looking at a leaderboard tells me nothing. It’s like seeing a football score instead of seeing the match.

19. Ireland Michael

@18 http://youtu.be/Lq_0YVBcPCw

20. Clupula

@12 – I will be sure to inform Tameem that he failed at making the game more accessible, then, because that was one of his stated goals.

21. mobiugearskin

True, top ranked players will have the hidden items. Does that send your overall mission score up greatly? No. Not by a LONG SHOT.

Top ranked Xbox player right now has SSS with an overall score of 51 million. Thats including 100% completion.

Move down to the guy in 99th place and he has SSS with an overall score of 20 million. Thats including 100% item completion.

The difference?

STYLE POINTS.

The guy at the top has almost 3 times the number. You earn points like that by mastering the weapons and gameplay.

And @20… You dont make sense. Are you trying to say that because the base game has a softer learning curve, that the unlockable modes INTENDED for repeat play and steep challenge, should be easy? Because that would be stupid.

22. Rosseu

I’ve beaten the game yesterday. For people who are curious:
    - Level design is amazing
    - Good variety in combat (Rather easy to achieve SSS) although you’ll most likely be using the axe all the time because the other weapons are shit
    - Character’s lines were so corny – like it was written by a 10 year old (Although there were a few exemptions)
    - Story obviously is not one of its selling points
    - Ending is easy to predict, and last cutscene feels like it was cut and is unfinished
    - Beat nephilim (hard) in about 8 hours
    - Dante’s voice actor sucks

23. Clupula

@22 – See, your opinion is more believable than his “Oh my god, it is the greatest Devil May Cry game ever and it takes more skill than anything ever in the history of games! Check out the leaderboard! The story is teh best! Dante and Kat should get married and have a million babies!”

You liked the game, but you can acknowledge its faults. That’s perfectly okay.

24. YoungZer0

@7: You might be onto something there. I remember A LOT of people seemingly complaining about the fact that Dante has a sex life now.

25. mobiugearskin

Who said that? Are you making up quotes for me? Good for you, arse.

26. Clupula

@25 – No, just paraphrasing. Letting you know what you sound like.

27. Ars Nova

Yo, what’s with that third outfit though? Haha, I can’t even figure out what they’re going for. It’s like… some weird dystopian pole dancer out for a jog. I don’t even know.