Star War 1313 to release on PS3 this year, according to Sony Germany

Thursday, 17th January 2013 13:21 GMT By Stephany Nunneley

Star War 1313 screenshots have popped up on Sony Germany’s Facebook page, albeit older shots, it indicates that PS3 will be one of the systems the shooter is release on. Announced by Lucasarts pre-show at E3 2012, platforms other than PC were never confirmed, leading the public to wonder if it was a this-gen or next-gen console release. A Lucasarts representative has said the listing is “not accurate” and that it has no announcements to make regarding the game at this time. So, make of this what you will.

Lucasarts was purchased by Disney in October last year, prompting the developer to assure fans the title’s development was not affected. Star Wars 1313 is slated for release in 2013 on PC. Via Playnews.

1. Showmeyomoves!

1313 in ’13?

#1 1 year ago
  2. daytripper

Hope there is a next gen version

#2 1 year ago
  3. deathm00n

Yes, 1313 in 13/13/13. Oops, they should have released it last year

#3 1 year ago
  4. uomoartificiale

I think it’s just misdirection. It’s a next-gen title for what we saw last year. Eventually the “last gen” will get a sliced port, but the graphic fidelity they shown is clearly not achievable by ps3 and 360.

#4 1 year ago
  5. deathm00n

@4 I disagree, I don’t see anything the current gen can’t do

#5 1 year ago
  6. DreamCleaver

@5 Sure, yeah. But what about the performance? Would you like to play a game with a single digit framerate?

#6 1 year ago
  7. Erthazus

@5, then you are blind.

There is 16 AA, Tesselation, filters, lightning effects from a decent shader 5.0+ card and ofc. Excellent particle effects that PS3, 360 can’t do.

ofc you can make this game on the PS3 and 360 stripping 70% of all graphics effects. LOL

#7 1 year ago
  8. mobiugearskin

I dunno. If thats “next gen” then it doesnt seem worth it. Looked like any other TPS but with better graphics.

#8 1 year ago
  9. theevilaires

Hmm interesting could they be releasing a PS3 and PS4 version later down the road. Or is this evidence that the 720 will be released before the PS4 and that version we saw at E3 is being made for the nextbox.

#9 1 year ago
  10. deathm00n

@8 Exactly

@7 And since I’m not a graphics whore all you are saying is meaningless to me, Beyond: Two Souls is looking almost the same as this in my opinion.

#10 1 year ago
  11. manamana

Its this gen, next gen and PC. On all platforms. They just don’t know what to say at this point in time, I guess. And yes, the trailer was running on a high end PC. If you boil it down to this gen, it will lose most of what made this baby look great…

#11 1 year ago
  12. uomoartificiale

I’m actually really curious to see if they will go for a inter-gen multiplatform release. On one hand the current console install base is huge, no publisher will want to miss on that, but console manufacturers needs to give consumers reasons to buy the next systems.
    I’m pretty sure sports games and CoD will go that route, but who else? I think Lucas/Disney is probably the most likely candidate for such a strategy.

#12 1 year ago
  13. Mike

Wars.

#13 1 year ago
  14. Stephany Nunneley

Lucasarts has responded, said the listing on the Facebook page was “not accurate.” Post has been updated with the new information.

#14 1 year ago