Borderlands 2 level cap increase in the works

Wednesday, 16th January 2013 20:01 GMT By Stephany Nunneley

A raise in the level cap for Borderlands 2 is in the works, according to associate producer James Lopez.

Speaking with OPM, Lopez said the cap will be “quite a few levels which will allow you play for quite a bit longer.”

“With Borderlands 1 we had to go by forum posts, and by checking out the number times certain achievements had been unlocked to really get an idea of where players were,” he said. “But SHiFT allows us to see a lot more about the way players are playing the game, and see what they’re doing.

“We wanted to give people enough time to get at least one level 50 in there, and then see from there, how many people are doing this. We also didn’t want to wait so long that people were no longer interested, or felt like it wasn’t coming”.

The level cap increase is expected to go live sometime during Q1, which ends on March 31.

1. karma

Been ready for this for quite a while now. Got all the released DLC, but been putting off playing any of it until I can start leveling my lvl50 character again, so the sooner this comes out the better.

2. Hcw87

Why? There’s like 90% chance it’ll be another playthrough added (or several more, maybe unlimited), so there’s really no reason to hold off playing it. Besides, even if you do the DLC at 50, you can make another char and do it again at 60 or whatever, and share the quest rewards between characters.

3. SlayerGT

Im burning out already. The carrot has disappeared for me :/

4. roadkill

I’m so tempted to go back to playing Borderlands 2. Even without the player level increase. This game is so awesome. But at the same time I feel like I’ve barely scratched Guild Wars 2′s surface.. there is so much stuff to do and they keep adding so much content to it. Woah I want more free time!!

5. Eddie Rodrigues

More levels?! NYESSSSSSSSS.My computer sadly doesn’t run it properly (that is 20- FPS), but by the time the patch is released I will be able to at least make one of my characters capped at 50.