Walking Dead Survival Instinct: official trailer & screens surface

Friday, 11th January 2013 12:08 GMT By Dave Cook

Walking Dead: Survival Instinct has received a new batch of official screens from publisher Activision, showing off Michael Rooker’s character, plenty of undead walkers and ruined city streets. Remember, Terminal Reality says it’s not an FPS. The trailer on the other hand is short, very short.

Here are the screens:

What do you think? Better than the fake leaked footage that surfaced last week isn’t it?

1. Joe Anderson

Where is the trailer lol? We can guess how good this is going to be already.

2. CyberMarco

No PC release?

3. Deacon

Who needs a trailer when you have Daryl and Merle?! ; p

4. MrXBob

Let’s hope they’ve polished the game since the last video we saw. Truly awful, even for Activision – so sloppy and clearly unfinished. Looked like some bad Half Life mod.

It’s a shame too, Terminal Reality are great developers. Seems they’ve been rushed by Activision.

5. LuLshuck

…..

6. dex3108

Game looks really bad on those screenshots. And they will release game same day when Bioshock is out. Good Luck Activision you will need it :D

7. theevilaires

Yea the game looks really low class. A poor mans Left 4 dead. They should wait to release this on next gen with better graphics and A.I.so it would be 100x better. I think they’re letting that GOTY 12′ get to their egos a bit much. I mean serious is Merril given directions? I see this is before the hand incident but what gamer is going to follow him. The first chance I see that mother fucker I’d shoot him between his eyes.

8. Moonwalker1982

It may be too early to tell, but for a game that is coming out in March already and THIS little footage and average screenshots? I think it won’t be too good. I find it weird that out of the blue they announce it for March. I was at Gamescom last year, checked out a behind closed door presentation of the game, which basically consisted of screenshots on a big projector screen and it was quite clear that this game is far from finished…i wonder wtf is going on.

9. theevilaires

^ They definitely want to feed off the momentum of the GOTY status and TV show before it goes off air in April. They must know that the second half of season 3 will be fucking bonkers and have people doing anything to kill the wait for season 4. But of course true hardcore gamers see all the signs that this will suck.

10. OnionPowder

They are fucking nuts if they expect me to pay $60 for this game. I thought this was a XBLA or PSN game not a full retail game. Jokes about a poor mans Left 4 Dead are void if it costs consumers more than a new copy of Left 4 Dead 1 and 2 would.

11. Eddie Rodrigues

It certainly does look better than the unofficial one that was presented before. Even though it doesn’t seem appealing at all, if not for the brand itself.